Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Edit wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Sounds like you're a cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltNYKZO9d0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Sounds like you're a cat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rinkles posted:

what is it with having the most verve when you're supposed to be asleep?

And vice versa

https://twitter.com/PubicZirconium/status/1365377089621417989

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’m about 2.5 hours into the tokimeki memorial video and i’m really enjoying it. i’m surprised that there’s so much discourse surrounding its existence because it’s just an earnest, detailed examination of what a guy likes about a video game. i like how much time he spends on small, subtle elements of the game experience that i also appreciate but usually can’t get an idea of without playing the game myself. i wish i could play this one though. it seems delightful

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat cloud punk
It was good. I like that its like a gta with no combat but i feel like there could have been more stuff to do besides drive between parking lots and chatting with npcs.
The on foot parts are kind of annoying because you move slowly and the parking lots are far from the objectives some times.
The flying car felt good but i never liked how they did ascend/ decend. I always felt like the car was fighting me to climb or dive even fully upgraded
Great voicework and the story vignettes are all cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
happy marth 1st

e: when's the marth that thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think bravely default 2 might be a bad game

a shame, after how good the first two were

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

I think bravely default 2 might be a bad game

a shame, after how good the first two were

Does it do the thing where it's bad on purpose for a while to build up to the big twist, because at this point I think the games are almost as well known for their big twist as they are for the titular combat system

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the biggest mystery to me is, who is claytechworks or any of the people that worked on bravely default 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You'll go back to the title screen and instead of "Bravely Default 2" it'll just say "Bravely Default" and you'll realize you've been playing a remake the whole time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Does it do the thing where it's bad on purpose for a while to build up to the big twist, because at this point I think the games are almost as well known for their big twist as they are for the titular combat system

no it's bad because the xp curve is hosed and the bosses are aggressively badly designed

the story is fine

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm having a good time on hard mode so far. I've been pretty confused with how negative people seem to be but maybe they're further than me

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Cardiovorax posted:

About 95/5, I would say. There are only a handful of "real" multi-wave tower defense missions with actual routes the enemies take and such. Mostly they're these 2-minute sections in which you have to hold off a horde of zombies while your new fast travel point charges up. Those are fairly common, but also so short and easy it barely registers - and if you kill all the zombies in the general vicinity first, you don't even have to do any actual defending.

I stopped playing it at the first base tower defense mission. There was absolutely no way I could possibly kill all of the bad guys. I tried it about 2 or 3 times and just gave up, deciding I needed way more powerful weapons than what I had. I didn't play it again. I must be missing some kind of trick or something.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

no it's bad because the xp curve is hosed and the bosses are aggressively badly designed

the story is fine

i'm having a good time so far, like 6 hours in, but 'aggressive' is how i would describe the bosses so far. i definitely got gotcha-ed by one already.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

redreader posted:

I stopped playing it at the first base tower defense mission. There was absolutely no way I could possibly kill all of the bad guys. I tried it about 2 or 3 times and just gave up, deciding I needed way more powerful weapons than what I had. I didn't play it again. I must be missing some kind of trick or something.

The game's progression is pretty well handled in the main story because basically, you should just be upgrading to whatever new tier of weapon whenever you find it. There's only like, four spears you can craft in the main game, so you don't have to constantly make new stuff or anything.

The only real "trick" I can think of is that enemies are like, magically drawn to fences so long as they aren't too far out of their way. While you do want to surround your base with some walls or blockades or whatever just to stall for time, you don't want to sit back and wait for the enemies to get to the walls, because if they storm you might be too late. Run out of the base and drop the fence right where they spawn and kill them there, so then you can go back and pick off any stragglers. I'm to the point where I don't even place defenses anymore, I just run around and lob grenades underhand as soon as the enemies hit the ground and they all die, then run back and make more.

That being said you could also just make one manned machine gun pointing each direction and win very easily that way. They hang around even after you win the defense so they're a good long-term investment. Other than the mounted guns I don't use guns at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
march chat thread up just in time: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960752