Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how people in the comments are worried that so many people with hate watch it that WB might think it was a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

That Killjoy Article posted:

Fisher continuing to assert that DC Films’ Walter Hamada interfered with investigations into alleged misconduct on the set of Joss Whedon’s version of the movie, and Warner firing back by touting a statement from one of the investigators in question, defending Hamada’s character and conduct. Snyder’s defense of his star is admirable, but it also points to what a weird one-off this whole Snyder Cut project has been, with a director actively touting the work of an actor who is now essentially at open war with the studio producing the film, for unclear and uncertain benefit or gain.

What the gently caress? It's weird that he would stand by one of his lead actors who ate a ton of poo poo for the past several years? Who's the objectivist here, again?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Interesting that they'd characterize Ray Fisher's attempt to hold abusers accountable as a "war with the studio"

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Lmao that the dude who wrote that article made an avatar of himself and came up with this

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Those people are doing us a great favor by keeping all their terrible opinions on that other site, why you gotta bring them over here and try to ruin our day

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For real. There's enough hate without inviting it in.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Julius CSAR posted:

Lmao that the dude who wrote that article made an avatar of himself and came up with this

Harry Knowles?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how people in the comments are worried that so many people with hate watch it that WB might think it was a success.

People got to keep themselves occupied because their lives are boring as poo poo, and discussing tactics for your culture war is a great alternative to playing Risk.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

:barf::vomarine::allbuttons:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Is this someone noteworthy? If not, I'd rather people not bring the Michaels of Twitter here. There is a reason I'm not on Twitter.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just some rando responding to a Variety article.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

"Featured."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Gazing into the abyss has long been recognised as an appealing but dangerous pastime - though Nietzsche also has some other relevant, fun, pithy statements in the same section, like "One does not hate as long as one disesteems, but only when one esteems equal or superior" or "The vanity of others is only counter to our taste when it is counter to our vanity"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

People got to keep themselves occupied because their lives are boring as poo poo, and discussing tactics for your culture war is a great alternative to playing Risk.

What's the culture war equivalent of fortifying Australia

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
my personal favorite was the comment being like 'haha don't snyder fans know that the word motherbox sounds dumb?'

i've got no particular love for anything dc-related but come the gently caress on, as if comics in general aren't filled with dumb names.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
SMH. If you don't like Kirby you can go gently caress yourself.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

What's the culture war equivalent of fortifying Australia

Attacking Zack Snyder, duh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Attacking Zack Snyder, duh.

That's the opposite of fortification!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Motherbox and boomtube are both way worse than anything named in the marvel movies as far as I can think

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

That's the opposite of fortification!

Attack is the best defence. Now excuse me, I have to move all my pawns in this here chess game foward at once yelling Aaargh!

And yeah, I guess pointing and laughing at Twitter is fine if there is little else to talk about. I guess I just feel a little exhausted from pointing and laughing at Eugene so much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Do we know what time the movie will actually drop on HBOMax?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I don't think they've said anything about this movie in particular, but normally HBO Max stuff releases at 3:00 am eastern time on the day in question (Thursday, March 18th here). So expect the takes to already be rolling by morning if you live in the Americas.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

MacheteZombie posted:

Do we know what time the movie will actually drop on HBOMax?

2am EST. 11pm PST on the 17th.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AccountSupervisor posted:

2am EST. 11pm PST on the 17th.

Was this confirmed? Because I would have thought it'd follow WW84's HBO Max release, dropping at like 11AM pacific the day of.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I'm a dork and asked off of work that Friday so I can watch this late at night on my projector without consequence.

It's quite possibly the only thing I've had to look forward to this past year.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

Was this confirmed? Because I would have thought it'd follow WW84 HBO Max release, dropping at like 11AM pacific the day of release.

I believe this time came from the Australian release time being confirmed and that itd be timed with the U.S. release but theres been no official announcement so who knows.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It ties in with the Global Simultaneous Release I think. But yeah, oof, those hours.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

roffels posted:

I'm a dork and asked off of work that Friday so I can watch this late at night on my projector without consequence.

It's quite possibly the only thing I've had to look forward to this past year.

Honestly, most of 2020 I had no desire to watch anything new and basically fell back on comfort films or old classics. The Snyder Cut is the first release in a while that's made me feel that excitement of checking out something "new".

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a blu-ray release. Gonna watch on HBOMax for sure but I want some uncompressed visuals and audio!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Communist Thoughts posted:

Motherbox and boomtube are both way worse than anything named in the marvel movies as far as I can think

How so?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I find the glowing cube of mystery being called a 'tesseract' when it's clearly just a cube to be very silly, personally.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ungulateman posted:

I find the glowing cube of mystery being called a 'tesseract' when it's clearly just a cube to be very silly, personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm pretty inoculated against silly comic bullshit but if anything the bigger issue with the Infinity Stones isn't the name(s) but the fact that they are all weird different things with different properties from movie to movie

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

What is this? Is it about my cube?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm pretty inoculated against silly comic bullshit but if anything the bigger issue with the Infinity Stones isn't the name(s) but the fact that they are all weird different things with different properties from movie to movie
:spidey: So these stones....

:drac: they condense the fundamental matter and energy of the universe into objects of unimaginable power

:spidey: Ah, of course. Matter, Antimatter, the Strong For-

:drac: Wha? N-no! Time, Space, Power, Reality, Mind, Soul... tf u talking about?!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

AccountSupervisor posted:

I believe this time came from the Australian release time being confirmed and that itd be timed with the U.S. release but theres been no official announcement so who knows.

Looks like it's on Binge here, a service that gets a lot of HBOMax stuff, at 5pm local time on Sunday 18th. I haven't bothered with Binge before but I just looked into it and discovered something very disturbing : it doesn't support 4K!

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I’m so mad it’s on a Rupert Murdoch property. I’m hoping it gets released in google play or something similar so I can buy it and give him no money at all.

It’s also released simultaneously so I think we unlock it in Australia on Friday thanks to time zone shenanigans.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 2, 2021

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, someone at work told me it's owned by Murdoch after I mentioned it while I was looking into it. I guess that makes two very disturbing things I discovered about Binge today.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ok listen up you primitive screwheads.

Press screeners have officially been made available to the usual suspects, which means that reviews are coming, which means spoilers.

Make sure you mark your spoilers accordingly, and be careful not to spoil anything.

I will see you folks on the other side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1366799124847230980