Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Corny and his cult are convinced there's a mass exodus from AEW coming after the Sammy Guevara story came out, with the usual wishful thinking from Jim about how the people in AEW who he likes are assuredly very unhappy with being FORCED to do goofy bullshit and wrestle with mudshow guys.

TNA Mecca posters also spotted in the comments

quote:

Impact has double the following on social media so I feel Tony is just wanting to capitalise on that to get more eyes on AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...he thinks there's going to be a mass exodus over another promotion's bad creative?

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
ngl, the TNA Mecca rando has way more credibility in this moment than Cornette.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Corny and his cult are convinced there's a mass exodus from AEW coming after the Sammy Guevara story came out, with the usual wishful thinking from Jim about how the people in AEW who he likes are assuredly very unhappy with being FORCED to do goofy bullshit and wrestle with mudshow guys.

TNA Mecca posters also spotted in the comments

I love the idea that Guevara hates his status in AEW as if he isn’t on tv every week with the main heel faction with the most TV time of that week and constantly teaming with pro wrestling legend Chris Jericho.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The_Rob posted:

I love the idea that Guevara hates his status in AEW as if he isn’t on tv every week with the main heel faction with the most TV time of that week and constantly teaming with pro wrestling legend Chris Jericho.

And producing and promoting a comedy vlog full of goofy bullshit that is so embraced by the company that the EVPs appear on it and it's used to promote matches.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the dumb gently caress cuck has reviewed Riho vs Deeb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfyWZWqi8os

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

please just give notes so I don't have to listen to him.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Claims he tried to watch it with an open mind, despite it being Riho (with some goofy, intentional mispronounciation). Starts off saying he thought it was the best match on the entire show, has a page and a half of notes. Uses the word "girls" exclusively, never utters the word "women" not even while praising Serena Deeb who he gives almost 100% of the credit to for the match. Says it "demeans the business and devalues the marketable talent" when a 98 lb pale girl in a lace doily can do the moves as well as anyone else on the card. Because it makes the wrestling moves look too easy, compares it to handing an electric guitar to a homeless bum and them ripping off the guitar solo from Beat It. Says Riho looked confused and clueless, screwed up the test of strength. Claims Riho only knows how to go through her moveset "by rote", doesn't have any psychology. Hugely complimentary of Deeb, says she has the body language of a professional wrestler. Best Riho match ever, which he states is damning with faint praise. Calls Riho a "cheerleader doing wrestling moves". It's fairly listenable for a "Jim Cornette yells at clouds because wrestling isn't 1983 NWA any more" thing.

Also, gently caress you for making (okay, not really) me listen to this rear end in a top hat

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

please just give notes so I don't have to listen to him.

She doesn’t look like a wrestler (she’s not enough like a middle aged 80s dad, although Serena apparently is) so she’s making the whole business look silly whenever she does a wrestling move.

He also says her name in this weird high pitch breathy way as some kind of insult.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

The pronunciation thing is...saying it like he's yodeling, I think? I had no idea what the point of it even is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is it supposed to be a ricola ad joke that I, a man in his late 20s only know from old people parodying it as some piece of culture?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

karmicknight posted:

Is it supposed to be a ricola ad joke that I, a man in his late 20s only know from old people parodying it as some piece of culture?
Something like that, yes.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The cadence/pitch seems wrong to be a Ricola joke, I genuinely don't get what it's supposed to be a reference or parody of actually. It's just nonsense.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would only know it because Cesaro named one of his moves after the joke in *checks notes* 2009

KarloffsSidekick
Apr 2, 2010
Because Serena Deeb is so slightly built, she is usually the smaller person in her matches, so his prejudices (surprisingly!) don't really hold water when he's raving about her being a great, believable, technical ring general (which she is). Then saying Riho was good at doing moves but wasn't believable as having any power behind her shots.

So when Serena fights Nyla or (I can't think of anyone else in the women's roster he deigns to be able to work so the examples end here) and has offense is that automatically going to be unbelievable?

By that "reasoning", Bobby Eaton (the best wrestler he has ever seen) getting anything in on One Man Gang was ridiculous in 1987 too then? Ok Jim, thanks for the insights!

He contradicts every point almost immediately but always has a "get out clause", it's tiring. Also, once someone has entered his imaginary "poo poo list" they will NEVER get off that list or be praised because he cannot say he was wrong. So they get a goofy nickname and get slated every week.

I did laugh at his stupid "Riho doing moves makes the actual marketable stars look bad" when (in the West, the only place that counts apparently) the women's tournament had more buzz around it than anything else in months and the women's division has been the most successful part of WWE's shows for years.

KarloffsSidekick fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 21, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Riho does wrestling moves well in a match = "This is bad, reflects badly on her and is an indictment of wrestling." Jim Cornette.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also if I gave a homeless person a guitar and they were instantly able to play a crazy guitar solo, I would not think "this is an insult to guitar players!" I would think I found a prodigy.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1ik3S6Ct4

1993 into the later 90s was when this was popular. I'm old, it's fine

Jim sucks

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Also if I gave a homeless person a guitar and they were instantly able to play a crazy guitar solo, I would not think "this is an insult to guitar players!" I would think I found a prodigy.

Also this homeless person is someone who has been training since they were like 9 years old and are like a 15 year veteran

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Q_res posted:

Says it "demeans the business and devalues the marketable talent" when a 98 lb pale girl in a lace doily can do the moves as well as anyone else on the card. Because it makes the wrestling moves look too easy, compares it to handing an electric guitar to a homeless bum and them ripping off the guitar solo from Beat It.

When you point out that various joshi talent pioneered in the 80s/90s many of the moves seen in the modern day product and Jim has to backpedal / downplay the importance of being technical, to claim NWA salad days supremacy.

Predicting "STUNNINGLY Japanese" will morph from shitpost soundbite mashup to an actual thing Jim says by the end of the year.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It is funny watching Jim complain about Rhio for ruining the business with how she looks when he calls pudgy guys with toothpick legs some of the greatest workers of all time. (The trick is they were, but Riho is also a great worker but that doesn't put podcast butts in seats.)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Inside_TheRopes/status/1366346236954095616

Can you guess who Cornette says was the Best Booker of 2020?

loving Delirious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

loving Delirious

All Friends Wrestling!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Lid posted:

Another 100% correct take here by Cornette who is spot on with his analysis of AEW and Tony Khan and how it's really just the wealthiest backyard wrestling promotion that has ever existed.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

80s James Hetfield posted:

Another 100% correct take here by Cornette who is spot on with his analysis of AEW and Tony Khan and how it's really just the wealthiest backyard wrestling promotion that has ever existed.

so just to clarify you enjoyed ROH's booking this year more than AEW's, you think they were a better booked promotion?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I will not stand for this slander on Wrestlelicious

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It is funny watching Jim complain about Rhio for ruining the business with how she looks when he calls pudgy guys with toothpick legs some of the greatest workers of all time. (The trick is they were, but Riho is also a great worker but that doesn't put podcast butts in seats.)

Wrestling broke his brain to the point he can only view the world in strict rigid stereotypes. Well, a lot of things broke his brain.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ItohRespectArmy posted:

so just to clarify you enjoyed ROH's booking this year more than AEW's, you think they were a better booked promotion?

A wealthy backyard promotion sounds cool as hell

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

DDT are my favorite wealthy backyard promotion.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

Turns out it is!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
Can a mod rename that one goon to "80s James E. Cornette", tia

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Can a mod rename that one goon to "80s James E. Cornette", tia

Call him Vic Venom

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Can we get a mod challenge that 80s James Hetfield must explain in detail what makes Delirious the booker of the year?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Reposting this excellent video

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mod Edit: No doxxing!

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 1, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

loving Delirious

Holy hell, the comments

"AEW's booking is too hard to follow!"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Can we get a mod challenge that 80s James Hetfield must explain in detail what makes Delirious the booker of the year?

No, but I will ask nicely

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Junpei Hyde posted:

No, but I will ask nicely

I just copy and pasted a comment from that twitter post because I thought it was funny.

I don't even know who Delicious is and have never watched ROH

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I just copy and pasted a comment from that twitter post because I thought it was funny.

I don't even know who Delicious is and have never watched ROH

You claim to be a wrestling fan, but you don't know who BUFF BAGWELL is?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You claim to be a wrestling fan, but you don't know who BUFF BAGWELL is?!

I was more of a Scott Norton guy