Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
This is the March thread.

It’s gonna suck

Don’t do a stupid or you’ll get the :mcnally:

Also Prince Philips is probably dead, long live Prince Philips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Where my money

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hate events, currently.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Ask Mitch Joe.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Another royal is probably dead and nothing of note was lost

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
General strike.

Make it an earworm. Or a hashtag or whatever.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

where's my shot

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We have to go back to March 2020!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

EBB posted:

where's my shot

had to be shipped back to get new microchips put in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How come chuds haven’t decided to release their own vaccine that will make people more chudly?

Like parler or gab, but for vaccines.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Lousy Smarch news cycle.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

When they said checks would go out "immediately" that meant in 3 or so months, and if you took any of their statements literally at any point that's on you for some reason.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EBB posted:

where's my shot

Coming sooner than mine, yank.

t:mad:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First shot scheduled for March 12! I just have to make it another week and a half.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Best Friends posted:

When they said checks would go out "immediately" that meant in 3 or so months, and if you took any of their statements literally at any point that's on you for some reason.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Probe OPs who don't link new threads in the old one.

:mad:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Deregulate posting imho

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
current event: gently caress every part of the state of arizona that is not federal or tribal land

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I got my first shot yesterday. Every few hours it feels like a slightly larger boxer has punched me in the arm. One of the other supervisors I work with got his first shot Friday and said he felt the same the next day and then was totally hosed up yesterday. I hope I can avoid that tomorrow because the second dose is supposed to be so much worse.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
My step mom got her second shot recently. She was fine for 24 hours then got chills and a fever. Woke up the day after that fine.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I haven't got mine yet, but it cannot be worse than the anthrax shot. I swear it felt like they injected the loving bone.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

How come chuds haven’t decided to release their own vaccine that will make people more chudly?

It’s called Facebook and Twitter, the greatest radicalization engines ever devised.

Edit: their algorithmically-driven versions, I should qualify. They weren’t great before but they’re infinitely worse now.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

boop the snoot posted:

They did exactly that; live virus mass inoculation events all August through October last year, in advance of completion even the first mRNA vaccine, delivered with a healthy dose of rhetoric information.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fknlo posted:

I got my first shot yesterday. Every few hours it feels like a slightly larger boxer has punched me in the arm. One of the other supervisors I work with got his first shot Friday and said he felt the same the next day and then was totally hosed up yesterday. I hope I can avoid that tomorrow because the second dose is supposed to be so much worse.

I had a sore arm and fatigue all weekend after the first dose. Don’t give a poo poo. Beats dying on a vent.

My second one is on a Thursday so I hope I start feeling it that night instead of the next day at the office 25 miles from home.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Acebuckeye13 posted:

current event: gently caress every part of the state of arizona that is not federal or tribal land

Is AZ like NM in that the whole state is reservation except like 2 cities?

Because when I looked at a map of reservations in NM I started laughing at how little of the state is actually under control of the state

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Thwomp posted:

It’s called Facebook and Twitter, the greatest radicalization engines ever devised.

Edit: their algorithmically-driven versions, I should qualify. They weren’t great before but they’re infinitely worse now.

Also YouTube. I remember reading how many of those in the far right Brazil government got their start with video rants. Even now dunno why YouTube thinks my watch history of Mario 3 speedrun progress means I want to watch charlie kirk ads.

I recall someone did an experiment where they set up a computer and YouTube profile from scratch with zero history and began watching the most benign possible animal videos. It didn't take long for far right video recommendations to start appearing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Speaking of money and the government

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1366456347630460929?s=21

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Edit: Apologies, this went in completely the wrong thread!

Camrath fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 1, 2021

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Regarding the reactions to the first and second COVID shots, I found a decent video explaining why the second shot is sometimes worse than the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucCr7Sywgc

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Seems like a cool thing to erase for people to generate a lot of good will/help them out but that is probably literally impossible for reasons.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Taxing unemployment benefits is American as gently caress

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

maffew buildings posted:

Seems like a cool thing to erase for people to generate a lot of good will/help them out but that is probably literally impossible for reasons.

We erased your $1500 unemployment taxes, here's your $100 check, beep boop, $2k stimulus done.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Also YouTube. I remember reading how many of those in the far right Brazil government got their start with video rants. Even now dunno why YouTube thinks my watch history of Mario 3 speedrun progress means I want to watch charlie kirk ads.

I recall someone did an experiment where they set up a computer and YouTube profile from scratch with zero history and began watching the most benign possible animal videos. It didn't take long for far right video recommendations to start appearing.

I turned off personalized ads on my wife and I’s YouTube app on our TV and within a day we were getting Prager U ads. We mostly use YouTube on our TV to cover up building noises for our dog and to stream music. I don’t think this is accidental at all.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The gently caress does ad free youtube cost now? Or did they axe that to try to steer people into paying $65/mo for their tv service?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
YouTube Premium is $11.99/mo.

I wouldn’t recommend it because if you think you hate ads now...

Getting off of YT premium will cause withdrawals.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
So many YouTube ads make me actively despise the product they're trying to sell. Dr. Squatch can go die in a fire. I've also heard from Twitter that some of the mobile games advertised are "fake"? I don't get what exactly that means or why anyone would get so far as to discover that as the ads are aggressively "Look how loving stupid this game is!"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Setting up PiHole knocks down ads a ton on my PC at least. On some smart devices it still sneaks its way around to another DNS server. Hadn't figured that part out yet but I haven't watched youtube ads on my computer in a couple years.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I’m still not sure why I saw ads for Raytheon on Twitter. What am I supposed to do with that ad, think of them when I’m choosing my next defense system?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m still not sure why I saw ads for Raytheon on Twitter. What am I supposed to do with that ad, think of them when I’m choosing my next defense system?

So loving obnoxious the way these knife missile salespeople demand to be let into your home to hawk their wares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I use ublock origin on all my computers and purify on my iphone. That seems to get rid of almost all ads. If I see a youtube ad on my phone, I just refresh purify and they're blocked again.

I also just browse youtube with safari - I don't use the native app.