Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Conspiratiorist posted:

Ymir was obviously very important to Historia but there's never any indication she reciprocated it romantically - to the contrary, it seems she never even realized that Ymir's affection was of that type until she was already gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulteZYyWAA8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The penultimate page could always be of a group of armed men guarding Eren as they fulfils his last request before being dragged off to the gallows for his crimes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

No Wave posted:

So we think Eren is somehow going to be allowed to survive after killing hundreds of eldians and millions of non-eldians? Or the last panel is someone else holding the baby?

I mean, one of the running themes of the manga is that the cycle of vengeance needs to stop, even if it means that the guilty sometimes go unpunished.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chiasaur11 posted:

even if it means that the guilty sometimes go unpunished.

Reiner literally seeks it and is going to be denied it to the very end

Hell Eren will probably break the curse of Ymir and Reiner will live out his days until he dies of old age at like 92 treated as a war hero

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
It's an artistic medium, the baby panel doesn't have to be literal. It could be Eren and Eren could also be dead, easily doable in a series with future memories and magic ghost dimensions

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, one of the running themes of the manga is that the cycle of vengeance needs to stop, even if it means that the guilty sometimes go unpunished.

Much more fitting for Eren to have to live w his despicable choices and all the friends he's killed than to get off easy via death.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ok, going for the super far-out theory. Eren dies but is somehow reborn as the baby allowing him another chance at life without the whole genocidey bits.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

eren doesnt die and is holding his own self baby reincarnation in his own hands in the last panel

*horns start blasting* :lost:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

comedyblissoption posted:

eren doesnt die and is holding his own self baby reincarnation in his own hands in the last panel

*horns start blasting* :lost:

"This time, I'll make things right."

*quarterback tosses the baby 17 years into the past*

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

One of the leakers mentioned the episode titles / chapters for 13/14:

code:
Ep 13  Ch 111 "Children of the Forest"
Ep 14  Ch 113 "Savagery"
This hints towards the big Zeke flashback/episode for 15, and ending episode 16 around 116/117, possibly with Reiner/Marley hotdropping in. 119 would be a stretch at this rate and 122 seems completely out of the question. I'm surprised they haven't announced anything regarding a part 2 yet.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Taking things a little slower is good. Do a ~16 episode part 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The manga will end and then the anime will actually have the exact opposite ending. Manga Eren is stopped, Anime Eren successfully genocides the world or vice-versa.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Anime Eren will be stopped when it turns out that the the Power of the Titans is drawn from the energy produced by people dying in an alternate dimension and somehow the paths are used to banish Eren to Germany in the 1920s.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Manga Eren will turn and look into the camera and say "You have to save Anime Eren"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Eren is being controlled by the people abusing Mappa staff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eren, realizing he died protecting the Island years ago, in the Paths will walk off with Grisha into the light.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Eren actually died years ago when Hange roasted him for posing when name-dropping the series. It's why Eren fantasizes about grabbing them by the shirt in the basement jail then about them dying from the heat of the Rumbling; because it's the only way Eren can personally cope with being burnt to a crisp on the spot like that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Eren, realizing he died protecting the Island years ago, in the Paths will walk off with Grisha into the light.

Eren is actually the only one alive. It's the readers who were ghosts all along.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
It was all just a dream....

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

killing Eren while he has timeywimey Founding Attack powers triggers instrumentitanality, turning all of humanity into flowers.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Can't say if if it was a mistake but the anime titled this week's episode, which is almost entirely dedicated to ch109 Guides, "Deceiver".

And next week's, which looks like will be dedicated to ch110 Deceiver based on the preview, "Guides".

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Are they actually going to make it to the Paths by episode 16?

There's so much more left to cover, we're only going to be at the exploding chair part next episode and now we're at the point where they can't actually skip anything because it's too plot relevant to zoom through. If they keep doing a chapter a episode, they're not even gonna get close.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 21, 2021

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Asuron posted:

There's so much more left to cover, we're only going to be at the exploding chair part next episode and now we're at the point where they can't actually skip anything because it's too plot relevant to zoom through. If they keep doing a chapter a episode, they're not even gonna get close.

There is rumor that it will around ch. 116.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The final chapter reveals that the Earth is flat and surrounded by a giant wall of ice, beyond which are two even larger walls of ice surrounded by hordes of even larger Titans.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Asuron posted:

115 or 116; stretching it you could end on the very beginning of ch117, as Eren marches off the castle to confront Reiner.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The perfect cliffhanger would be the headshot but that dream is quickly dying

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I was pondering how someone with a titan power could refuse to pass along their power. Given they die after a certain # of years, presumably they'd have to completely burn the body, but that got me picturing them just dumping it in the ocean... which also made me imagine what would happen if, say, a shark ate that shifter. And well,

this manga was so close to becoming Street Sharks

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Just a warning, there's some spicy discourse around AoT on Twitter today. So either avoid that or jump in, I suppose

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Thanks for the warning. Next chapter may well be make or break for the series, so I'm going dark on all AOT now so I can read the chapter in its entirety when it's released.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm prepared for disappointment when half the chapter is reaction shots from Reiner's lovely mom

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The World Inferno posted:

I was pondering how someone with a titan power could refuse to pass along their power. Given they die after a certain # of years, presumably they'd have to completely burn the body, but that got me picturing them just dumping it in the ocean... which also made me imagine what would happen if, say, a shark ate that shifter. And well,

this manga was so close to becoming Street Sharks

IIRC if a shifter dies without passing on the power it just shows up again in the next baby born to the subjects of Ymir. But there's no rule that says a shark can't be an Eldian AFAIK

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
All I see on Twitter are people thirsting over Eren and Hitch.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Viridiant posted:

All I see on Twitter are people thirsting over Eren and Hitch.

Yep, I didn't see anything in special in my Twitter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You have to really go looking but I suggest you don't. Half of them are obviously fake.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I believe there's a new "AoT is anti-Semitic" video making the rounds

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So it’s a Monday then

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Turin Turambar posted:

Yep, I didn't see anything in special in my Twitter.

Hitch is always special how dare u

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gonna bunker down in this thread and wait for someone to post the speed scan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sub Harrison posted:

Gonna bunker down in this thread and wait for someone to post the speed scan.

poo poo, already? Sure are not fakes?