Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fungah! posted:

hell YES. are there any rewards for doing it

Early on you can get an entire optional job, but I don't know about beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I am trying to weigh up wether to buy Bravely Default 2 or Xenoblade at the moment and it's proving tricky.

Halfway through DQ8 and I want to start Grandia again but the appeal of something new is too great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
xenoblade will apparently never go on sale again, bd2 probably will

alr
May 14, 2009
BD2 seems good so far, I just finished up in the first town area and made it to where the demo starts. My second sleep mode boat adventure came back with this 50k exp orb. I don't want to use it and mess up stuff this early on, I think I'll save it for when someone's dead at the end of a bossfight and loses out on exp.

The characters and the artstyle have really grown on me compared to when I first saw the game revealed, too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
sick drop

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orb

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am learning that accessories are insanely powerful in BD2 and always have multiple effects, like the Star Pendant, which makes you immune to poison but also gives you +500 max HP and bonus healing power. They're cheap at shops early in the game so you can stack two on your white mage and have a heal tank

Also Monk's bare-handed passive boosts the attack bonuses you get from equipment so putting on two Flame Talismans (normally +10 attack power each) gets you +40 attack power on top of your already-boosted barehanded attack

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

These boomer grips are loving divine, bros.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

link to the grips?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

link to the grips?

The name of the grip?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

These boomer grips are loving divine, bros.

i kind of wanna do this and finish smt4a lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085VHHLGK

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The name of the grip?

congratulations to you and your grip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I use this one but I think a slightly older model because it doesn't have all those red nubs. It works great and is way more comfortable than just holding the Switch by itself

https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Ultimate-Accessories-Comfortable-Ergonomic-Thumbsticks/dp/B07FNJJG5V?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gamed for 3 hours with em so far, no more hand cramps etc. Godly poo poo. If they make a 3ds version I'll be picking those up in the future as well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i remember i got my switch, put the joycons in the doghead controller shell, used it like 10 minutes, and ordered a pro controller cuz that thing hurts

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

tyvm for the grips links cause i just bought a switch finally a couple weeks ago and was kinda shocked that playing somrtbing like botw handheld felt like surgeon simulator

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gamed for 3 hours with em so far, no more hand cramps etc. Godly poo poo. If they make a 3ds version I'll be picking those up in the future as well

Apparently since the 3DS is discontinued grips are loving expensive for no good reason. Shame because I want one now

EDIT: At least on Amazon and eBay. There's a ton on Aliexpress for like $4-5 so I might just bite the bullet

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 1, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My parents got me one of those nasty rubber grips for the 3DS a bunch of Christmases ago but I didn't have the heart to tell them that mine was a *new* 3DS and not a *new* 3DS XL.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i got a 3ds grip for monster hunter and it was worth it. amazing game, i would get back on my bullshit on switch but the new one is almost out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I have the exact sized hands the switch was designed for in handheld and I never had a problem playing it for extended periods. I do loving love the pro controller though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Feel like there's a million places I could go with this boat in DQII. Wonder which direction hides the golden key...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
This looks cool to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9guC7V_Cvdk

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

looks kind of cool but Mistwalker have been making lovely phone games for like 10 years so I'm not sure what talent is there other than the music

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They also hand-made all the environments as little real-life dioramas that they scanned into the game, it's pretty cool

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1366805251827900418?s=19

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, bd2 is tough lol. beat the beastmaster asterisk fight with three guys on the floor and seth with less than 300 HP and -3 BP after the last round of attacks. the counter system is absolutely brutal

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah counters are nasty. I got kinda frustrated with them until I started thinking of them less like "don't ever do X or the boss will do Y" and more like "be ready for the boss to do Y when you do X" but they can really mess you up

That particular fight is one where usable attack items are really helpful (a couple of coming bosses are like that too), if you've been using forage you probably have a few to fling. They're nice for clearing adds

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Fungah! posted:

man, bd2 is tough lol. beat the beastmaster asterisk fight with three guys on the floor and seth with less than 300 HP and -3 BP after the last round of attacks. the counter system is absolutely brutal

i finished that fight the exact same way. it felt so good to win with that hail mary

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQ3 loving owns. Rolling with a team of Martial Artist/Thief/Priest.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

DQ3 loving owns. Rolling with a team of Martial Artist/Thief/Priest.

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what the gently caress does this have to do with the shrine east of baharata, Walter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

The counter-system in BD2 is really brutal and I recommend getting the ranger asterisk to a decent rank on everyone just for the ability it gives you that auto-dodges counters.

that said, there's some tricks you can use to play around it and make it easier. in the fightagainst the thief for example he'll only be able to steal BP from you if you go above 1 BP. the ability will only succeed if you have 2+ BP, and since he can't steal it, he has trouble getting enough for his own punishing attacks.

the game owns, honestly, only rpg i've put 80+ hours into since dq11. it's way more clever than it appears on its surface. a+