Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Pixelate posted:

It's early concept art for the Nomad. Chris thought it was too close to the Mustang...

This is so dumb, there's no design language for their "brand" whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

no_recall posted:

"What if a sea turtle was a spaceship but also a transformer"?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/y6u62QU.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

It’s a conceit in a lot of these games to prop up the space libertarian fantasy. CIG just takes it further with their clinically autistic obsession with the intricacies of handling individual boxes.

Small independent cargo haulers wouldn’t exist in some far off space future, they barely exist today. Space travel would be expensive and it would favor corporations with vast economies of scale. You’d probably have massive kilometers-long cargo ships docking at huge space stations attached to orbital elevators.

Pretty sure books and movies did this way back in the day. Even Alien in like 1979 had this tiny command ship that could detach from the millions or so huge amount of cargo they were hauling around.

But you know loading up tiny crates full of a bag of peas really hits home how big space is in the Chris roberts universe

"Don't worry New York City, I've got your supplies here for the whole month." :dukedoge:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Titanic posted:

Pretty sure books and movies did this way back in the day. Even Alien in like 1979 had this tiny command ship that could detach from the millions or so huge amount of cargo they were hauling around.

But you know loading up tiny crates full of a bag of peas really hits home how big space is in the Chris roberts universe

"Don't worry New York City, I've got your supplies here for the whole month." :dukedoge:

Alien took it to its logical extreme: why bother with the pointless and burdensome task of just hauling cargo — they were towing the entire refinary back to Earth. It's not stated in the movie, but various expanded material suggests that it was doing most of the refining on its own during that trip. After all, why have it sit around chewing rocks for half an eternity, only to then try to transfer all that end product and start a multi-year hauling journey after which you have to transport all that junk again.

Just load it up with raw materals and set off. The cargo doesn't even exist yet, but it will by the time you arrive.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

It’s a conceit in a lot of these games to prop up the space libertarian fantasy. CIG just takes it further with their clinically autistic obsession with the intricacies of handling individual boxes.

Small independent cargo haulers wouldn’t exist in some far off space future, they barely exist today. Space travel would be expensive and it would favor corporations with vast economies of scale. You’d probably have massive kilometers-long cargo ships docking at huge space stations attached to orbital elevators.

I mean, you wouldn't even have that because 90% of the mass of fictional spaceships are just life support systems for unnecessary crew who would die in 10% of the time it took to make a journey of any real distance. Interstellar space travel would be the remit of AI, robots, and uploaded humans in ships the size of a beer can, propelled by lasers from their launching solar system, equipped with nanites to bootstrap themselves back to industrial civilization and launch further probes from there. Local economic space travel might be more like robots building large thrusters on asteroids and then launching them into prepared orbital processing facilities.

But of course that posits any of us living past the next 80 years. Whee!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGzXTnmygmA

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

This is incredible. I take it back, star citizer is great.

...and is it just me or did it start to look like chris roberts at the end, this is what I imagine him going through when looking at the wrong coloured pixel

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Hey, it's the trolley problem!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

no_recall posted:

"Make it look like a gamer mouse"

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

I mean, you wouldn't even have that because 90% of the mass of fictional spaceships are just life support systems for unnecessary crew who would die in 10% of the time it took to make a journey of any real distance. Interstellar space travel would be the remit of AI, robots, and uploaded humans in ships the size of a beer can, propelled by lasers from their launching solar system, equipped with nanites to bootstrap themselves back to industrial civilization and launch further probes from there. Local economic space travel might be more like robots building large thrusters on asteroids and then launching them into prepared orbital processing facilities.

But of course that posits any of us living past the next 80 years. Whee!

Oh yeah, that would definitely be the case in any sort of real-life space faring civilization. And really you could question wether the idea of a traditional interstellar civilization is even a valid one. It’s more likely that intelligent beings will retreat into digital simulations as they approach that scale of technology and economic output.

I was talking more along the lines of the mainstream sci-fi with its FTL travel and gravity goo. Even through that lens, almost nothing in Star Citizen makes any sense.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

I was talking more along the lines of the mainstream sci-fi with its FTL travel and gravity goo. Even through that lens, almost nothing in Star Citizen makes any sense.

That's true, though I guess rule of cool lets you hand wave stuff like that away. Still I feel like settings that actually consider the ramifications of their technology are more interesting. Star Citizen's got so many problems on that scale that it's kind of sad. Like, let's posit for a second some ground rules that explain the universe we've seen:

* FTL travel is incredibly, stupidly easy, and also cheap.
* Generating gravity is laughably easy and also so cheap that every surface can do it
* Humans have otherwise not changed in any meaningful way either biologically or technologically
* The general tech level aside from space flight is approximately 1990-equivalent. Nobody owns a cell phone, most guns are projectile weapons, you still get your soda from a vending machine, etc.
* AI either doesn't exist or isn't allowed to exist

So you have a very stupid setting where space travel is basically magic but all other development stopped right around the time Chris stopped paying attention. But then he goes and does a "They covered this planet in cities in 80 years" and the whole thing crashes to the ground, because a society with the tech base we just imagined could not possibly do that. Why would that society EVER need people to prospect common ores in single-seat craft? It could dismantle planetary crusts wholesale. For that matter, why would small traders exist in a universe where bigger ships go faster? Economies of scale would completely remove them as an option. Nothing about Star Citizen's world coheres, because it's just a series of random blips firing in the brain of an aging idiot movie fan/plagiarist.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarsapariller posted:

That's true, though I guess rule of cool lets you hand wave stuff like that away. Still I feel like settings that actually consider the ramifications of their technology are more interesting. Star Citizen's got so many problems on that scale that it's kind of sad. Like, let's posit for a second some ground rules that explain the universe we've seen:

* Generating gravity is laughably easy and also so cheap that every surface can do it
* Humans have otherwise not changed in any meaningful way either biologically or technologically
* The general tech level aside from space flight is approximately 1990-equivalent. Nobody owns a cell phone, most guns are projectile weapons, you still get your soda from a vending machine, etc.

So you have a very stupid setting where space travel is basically magic but all other development stopped right around the time Chris stopped paying attention. But then he goes and does a "They covered this planet in cities in 80 years" and the whole thing crashes to the ground, because a society with the tech base we just imagined could not possibly do that. Why would that society EVER need people to prospect common ores in single-seat craft? It could dismantle planetary crusts wholesale. For that matter, why would small traders exist in a universe where bigger ships go faster? Economies of scale would completely remove them as an option. Nothing about Star Citizen's world coheres, because it's just a series of random blips firing in the brain of an aging idiot movie fan/plagiarist.

Just a minor correction - pmuch everyone owns a cell phone, via MobiGlass.

There's also this babble ( https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12977-News-Update-WILL-WE-NEVER-LEARN ) regarding AI absence, though (to me) it seems inconclusive regarding what actually happened - is there currently a ban? State-wide control? Did a pure "reset" happen and nobody cares?

The rest you are spot-on, of course.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
The last I knew about this game was that years ago, it existed in some early half-rear end form, and people were dumping obscene amounts of money in to it.

I just read the last few pages of this thread, and, it seems like all of that is still true? Stunning.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
There’s always more...

reddit posted:

I have a second account with just a starter ship which I plan on gifting to my kid when they turn 12. I am not a father yet and expect the game to not be finished (so we aren't using UEC by then) when I plan on giving the account to my unborn child.
So probably in a few decades.

same redditor posted:

I don't expect this game to release this decade and according to my wifes plans, our kids will be born before the start of the next decade.
And this game has been in developement for a long time. Progress is being made, but slowly (as to expect with a project that huge). So I would not expect this game to come out in any reasonable time frame. But thats something I expected when I initially got into it.

Going by his posting history he’s not trolling...

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Pixelate posted:

There’s always more...

Going by his posting history he’s not trolling...

Going by the one similar example we have, Duke Nukem Forever, it looks like Star Citizen is in great shape!

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Fidelitious posted:

Going by the one similar example we have, Duke Nukem Forever, it looks like Star Citizen is in great shape!

Let's not get optimistic, Duke Nukem Forever actually released

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Sarsapariller posted:

I read a short story a long time ago where it turned out hyperdrive and anti-gravity was actually pretty drat easy to invent, and virtually every other species had done so in the bronze age. Which unfortunately for them meant everyone was still running around with swords when an imperial expedition paid Earth a visit.

That's still more plausible!

When you're constructing a setting, you generally should avoid begging the question. People are happy to accept things at face value, literally all you have to do is not draw attention to such problems.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

One of the funnier examples of considering the ramifications that I know of is the Niven/Pournelle CoDominium universe where they went out of their way to create a set of sensible and internally consistent rules, with a couple of specific laws of physics that were allowed to be broken.

They basically outsourced the problem of coming up with an FTL drive, and what the rules would have to be to make it work, to a physicist, who came back with the Alderson Drive and also, incidentally, by following the rules that had just been established, the energy-absorbing Langston field that works as the setting's combat shields.

This had all kinds of fun dramatic implications, such as still having to deal with lots of high-G manoeuvring and acceleration/deceleration times in spite of that FTL travel; with space combat still being catastrophic in spite of the shields (they're absorbing, not deflecting energy, so they get overloaded and explode if not given time to vent in a controlled manner); and distance, time, and communication lag still being a factor because FTL couldn't happen everywhere all willy-nilly. All that, just because they just worked from a rule set rather than handwave space magic.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I read a short story a long time ago where it turned out hyperdrive and anti-gravity was actually pretty drat easy to invent, and virtually every other species had done so in the bronze age. Which unfortunately for them meant everyone was still running around with swords when an imperial expedition paid Earth a visit.

When you're constructing a setting, you generally should avoid begging the question. People are happy to accept things at face value, literally all you have to do is not draw attention to such problems.

Harry Turtledove - The Road Not Taken
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(short_story)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sarsapariller posted:

Imagine a universe where every warehouse logistics center looks like a field of anti-air batteries, firing goods across the universe using gravity goo railguns and FTL-equipped shipping crates. That's what these bullets imply to me, and I think it would be loving rad as poo poo. But then you can't be a space trucker!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Tippis posted:

One of the funnier examples of considering the ramifications that I know of is the Niven/Pournelle CoDominium universe where they went out of their way to create a set of sensible and internally consistent rules, with a couple of specific laws of physics that were allowed to be broken.

They basically outsourced the problem of coming up with an FTL drive, and what the rules would have to be to make it work, to a physicist, who came back with the Alderson Drive and also, incidentally, by following the rules that had just been established, the energy-absorbing Langston field that works as the setting's combat shields.

This had all kinds of fun dramatic implications, such as still having to deal with lots of high-G manoeuvring and acceleration/deceleration times in spite of that FTL travel; with space combat still being catastrophic in spite of the shields (they're absorbing, not deflecting energy, so they get overloaded and explode if not given time to vent in a controlled manner); and distance, time, and communication lag still being a factor because FTL couldn't happen everywhere all willy-nilly. All that, just because they just worked from a rule set rather than handwave space magic.

I re-read The Mote In God's Eye last month as part of a general trip back through some old sci-fi staples and wow it does not hold up at all. The rationale for the space travel is still fine but just 50 years on from when it was written society has altered so radically that the scenario described in the story just sounds ludicrous.

* Women are mysterious and ethereal beings who must be treated according to chivalrous standards but must not be allowed to venture any kind of opinion and in fact the one woman in the whole goddamn book is basically there to add some kind of emotional b-plot for big square-jawed Captain Smashfist even though the entire plot is about birth control.

* Ships are crewed by hundreds of men, doubled up two or three to a task, because there is no automation anywhere. All 1940's maritime standards apply- rigid discipline, cramped quarters, expendable red shirts, etc

* There is one big central computer on a ship and it can only do one thing at a time, everyone fights over it all the time, and about 90% of the plot points in the book would fall apart if they had the kind of processing power that people 20 years later would have handy access to.

* The entire story centers around an alien race that has to become pregnant every few years or die. If they're let out of their one solar system they will overpopulate the universe in a few centuries. Their entire society collapses every few centuries because of population pressure, and they go to great pains to hide this from the humans who visit. They can't see any way to fix this. What's birth control? Larry Niven does not know how uteruses or hormones work, and genetic sciences were in their infancy in the 70's, so he handwaves this away. The aliens have FTL but the only point out of their system is inside a supernova, so they want the secret of the shield tech that humans have, which they have not managed to invent themselves despite many thousands of years of generally being smarter than humanity and working really hard to kill each other.

* The rest of the story is about humanity missing the clues to this big secret because nobody has a computer and in 1970 it was plausible that they'd have to do everything by hand, but also because only like six or seven Very Important Men are really allowed to understand or venture opinions about anything, at any time, and all of these VIM are stuff-shirt assholes who have absolutely no reason for being there. Social sciences exist but the only person on the crew with any kind of degree in it is the Token Woman, who has a bachelor's in anthropology but is not at any point allowed to contribute. The other scientists are all physicist and astrologers because they wanted to observe the nebula during humanity's first alien contact (???) The only person with a language degree on the ship is the ship's chaplain and he only has it incidentally, he's there because the Pope sent him to see if the aliens have souls and not to, oh say, figure out their loving language.

* The most consistently wrong man in the book is the Lead Scientist. The suspicious and extremely fascistly coded Russian admiral who genocided whole rebel planets for the empire and now wants to genocide the aliens turns out to be the most consistently correct and responsible person in the expedition because the strange foreigners will outbreed and replace us if allowed to, yikes!

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 1, 2021

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Muscle Tracer posted:

Imagine a universe where every warehouse logistics center looks like a field of anti-air batteries, firing goods across the universe using gravity goo railguns and FTL-equipped shipping crates. That's what these bullets imply to me, and I think it would be loving rad as poo poo. But then you can't be a space trucker!

I see it as a universe where humanity caravns around on gigantic planet sized ships, cracking up whole solar systems with antigrav equipment to sustain their growth. Nobody uses smaller ships because the big ones go fastest so there's no point in scouting or trying to use them for war, and there's no trade because the planet-ships contain everything a population could possibly consume. Wars happen when planet-ships try to snipe resources from one another, or just eat each other, and the biggest alien threats are not filthy foreigners but exotic diseases and parasites.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sarsapariller posted:

I see it as a universe where humanity caravns around on gigantic planet sized ships, cracking up whole solar systems with antigrav equipment to sustain their growth. Nobody uses smaller ships because the big ones go fastest so there's no point in scouting or trying to use them for war, and there's no trade because the planet-ships contain everything a population could possibly consume. Wars happen when planet-ships try to snipe resources from one another, or just eat each other, and the biggest alien threats are not filthy foreigners but exotic diseases and parasites.

Soooo Mortal Engines but planetary scale? Sounds awesome.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Kesper North posted:

Hey, it's the trolley problem!

Multitrack grifting

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

DarkDobe posted:

Soooo Mortal Engines but planetary scale? Sounds awesome.

That was my thought. And you know what? I'd watch that!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

*rolls up to you with her trolly. Slaps three storage shelf size crates on it*

Here's the supplies your planet ordered.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

I love this dynamic when it comes to ArcCorp. They never thought through anything about the setting other than “yep humans covered the whole planet in buildings that look exactly the same in 80 years”. Where is all of the insanely huge infrastructure that would be needed to support a population in the trillions?

All of that space traffic, space stations, orbital elevators and arcologies would sure be interesting to see in game. But no it’s way beyond both their imagination and skill level, so they just slapped some repeating tiled buildings onto a planet and called it a day. And the citizens praised it as a simulation of unprecedented fidelity.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
The best part of space wars should be once you start a space war it basically never ends.

"Oh look, here's the next attack wave for that battle that ended generations ago but they never got the cease fire message yet."

Then a bunch of space marines effectively storm what had become a peaceful vacation planet for the galaxies elite, killing all planet bellhops and savaging expensive hotels looking for the God King Himmler who faced space trial 200 years ago and was executed months after.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Muscle Tracer posted:

we had this so often inhere that antigrav stuff would change absolutely everything. but if im not mistaken they explain the hovering of the spaceships in star citizen with just very powerful thrusters im not too sure.

i am going off on a tangent but there was this one star trek (i think it was ds9) episode where a killer is using a projectile weapon, that beams the projectile into his victims room and then kills the victim.

everyone is like: “this is BRILLIANT, he can kill everyone on this station, without being seen!“

oh yeah, crazy so it just took the star trek folks several hundred years to discover that you could use beaming as a weapon...
that in fact you could do absolutely everything with beaming, like beam someones brains into space etc. when the crew is attacked on the bridge and they go into hand-to-hand combat...instead of just beaming those guys into the next cell.

this is just an example of how to me this scifi stuff completely falls apart sometimes.

that is all.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Have You Accidentally Turned Into A Spaceship? Follow These Simple Tips!

Advice for folks with the "components in room/no mobiglas" bug posted:

I was hit with this bug this weekend. I had customized an Arrow which rained components on me and knocked me out of Everus Harbor into space. When I suicided and woke up, my room was full of components and my character was invisible. The following are suggestions I found to try and correct it:

• Exit to the Main Menu, click 'Persistent Universe,' and re-enter Character Customization. Change your character's sex, then return to the Main Menu. Go back into Character Customization and change your character's sex back. Now load into the PU.

quote:

This got my character back, but my mobiglas was still gone.

• Hitch a ride with a friend or beacon to another ASOP terminal and claim the ship that caused the issue.

quote:

This should make components stop spawning in your hab.

• Go to Character Customization again and change eye or hair color, then re-enter the PU.

quote:

For some people this brought their mobiglas back but it didn't work for me. Because of this I resorted to the following:

• Load in, get in a ship, then fly to Hurston and QT down to Hurston Security Depot 1. Fly down to the depot and loiter around until you get CS1. Let the turrets destroy you. When you wake up in prison, you will have a mobiglas. Use your mobiglas to strip all of your ship components.

quote:

Sadly, completing your prison sentence and returning to civilian life removes the mobiglas again, hence why I recommend stripping your ships: in preparation for a reset.

Despite having to resort to a full character reset, I was able to keep most of my ship components and weapons since I rescued them off my ships using Step 4.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Work continues on removing the one-way spaceship check box that was accidentally added to character customization.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

A Spectrum Post posted:

Caution: Naming your ship will result in all its upgraded components being lost

I see the new ship naming rollout is going smoothly.

Spectrum is flooded with posts about ship naming right now, it really shows where most Citizens priorities are when this is the thing that gets them up in arms and not the lack of an actual game.

Popete fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 1, 2021

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Flannelette posted:

Work continues on removing the one-way spaceship check box that was accidentally added to character customization.

I browse the bug section most days, looking for nuggets, and players suddenly being injected with ship components is by far the most common report. Always when they were tinkering with their ship loadout. (They just don't get massed into one giant report, because everyone is so confused about what's happening. If you see one called 'WHY AM I BOX?!?', or 'THERE IS A SHIP IN MY BATHROOM AND I AM VIBRATING', you know what it is though...)

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Sarsapariller posted:

I re-read The Mote In God's Eye last month as part of a general trip back through some old sci-fi staples and wow it does not hold up at all. The rationale for the space travel is still fine but just 50 years on from when it was written society has altered so radically that the scenario described in the story just sounds ludicrous.

It seemed better when I was 14...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Occasionally, just occasionally, Star Citizen inspires something beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5o2bO1rsxs

Loving the Hell of the Mountain King finale

e:

reddit posted:

I've never been able to sell anything at ARC - go to Hurston.

I remember in the old days being able to see through walls and shoot through doors. You get used to it. A guy without legs or people walking into walls - that's nothing. I usually open the door for them.

Sure, I've fallen through an elevator, and trapped down a crevasse, and flown through a planet, and 30k'd right before I finished a mission, and not able to complete that drat bunker mission from Hurston, and those drat stealth satellites where there's only 2, and crashed on the dark side of a planet when I can't see a drat thing and those stupid turrets are shooting at me. But, whatever. It's still fun. Not bad, I'd say for an unfinished game.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 2, 2021

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I was listening to this breakdown of the worst jobs in Warhammer 40k because Youtube's algo suggested it after watching a streamer get into WH40k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI29i9abAJ8

All I could think was that WH40k is the socially acceptable version of the Stimpire. How are people into this stuff?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
WH40k does not make the Imperium of Man the good guys, it's pretty upfront that humanity has descended into a dystopian hell hole where life has no meaning. It's a dark future setting with no real good guys but it creates a compelling setting for story telling.

It's basically the opposite of the 'Verse which is a chock full of inconsistencies and everything has a parallel to our current modern day in an uninspired attempt to create lore.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

UnknownTarget posted:

I was listening to this breakdown of the worst jobs in Warhammer 40k because Youtube's algo suggested it after watching a streamer get into WH40k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI29i9abAJ8

All I could think was that WH40k is the socially acceptable version of the Stimpire. How are people into this stuff?

Oh yeah, I read some WH40k stuff on a wiki and the Stimpire guy was definitely inspired by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Popete posted:

WH40k does not make the Imperium of Man the good guys, it's pretty upfront that humanity has descended into a dystopian hell hole where life has no meaning. It's a dark future setting with no real good guys but it creates a compelling setting for story telling.

It's basically the opposite of the 'Verse which is a chock full of inconsistencies and everything has a parallel to our current modern day in an uninspired attempt to create lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hgjuFfn3A

Crobberbearen fanfic will surely upstage this fan made hackary