Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
March Thread!

There's probably better places to speculate on selling Dunk GIFs to human traffickers looking to launder money

ASG: Everything happening on March 7th this year, 1 night only.

2nd half NBA schedule:
https://www.nba.com/schedule?pd=false

Playoffs start: Tentative May 22nd (I believe)

Lockback fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
:firstpost:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

There's probably better places to speculate on selling Dunk GIFs to human traffickers looking to launder money

I feel like I have missed something here lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

NBA top shot is the new way to make free money

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

please make a separate thread about the fantasy sports ponzi scheme

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
go cavs

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
idk which late march game for the cavs to go to :(

cavs heat
cavs celtics
cavs spurs
cavs raptors

im thinking celtics but mom loves larry birdup and has a sfot spot for those green fucks and i wanna yell at the enemy team

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Heat game might be good, though low scoring. Unless the Heat have really turned a corner in which case it'll be a blowout.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dejan Bimble posted:

NBA top shot is the new way to make free money

Basically, and I can't figure out another reason why a short gif of a DeAndre Liggins jumper would have roughly the same value as a used Honda Civic.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

Heat game might be good, though low scoring. Unless the Heat have really turned a corner in which case it'll be a blowout.

that was my thinking too but i told mom to pick which one so it lines up with her schedule.

I wanna fukkin see Bam and Jimmy tho gently caress!

dude NBA players are BIG

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm one inch taller than Sexton and he's considered small :negative:

Collin Darnell Sexton (born January 4, 1999)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

verbal enema posted:

I had seats that put me about 4 feet away from Kevin Durant in ~2009 or 2010, when he was even lankier than he is today. A human being with those proportions who just glided around the court or in the air was just ridiculous. NBA Basketball is one of those sports that is absolutely worth seeing real close up if you ever can.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Seeing Giannis vs Durant in person really does change your perspective

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

I had seats that put me about 4 feet away from Kevin Durant in ~2009 or 2010, when he was even lankier than he is today. A human being with those proportions who just glided around the court or in the air was just ridiculous. NBA Basketball is one of those sports that is absolutely worth seeing real close up if you ever can.

bro if i can EVER swing courtside or a little back im probably gonna cry like i did when i first saw the floor

no seriously other posters if you havent been to a game just go
double mask
disposable gloves

poo poo is mega cheap the seats i got were deffo multi hundred dollar seats but i swang them for 79 a pop

or dont cuz ya know corona we kinda gave up here in ohio

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1366453555591274498?s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

breh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BREH

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

My dad and I would always go to a few Celtics games a year when I was a kid. Always cheap seats but we would go early and hang out near courtside during warmups and shootarounds. Then when people started getting seated we would roll the dice and pick two adjoining seats and hope that no one ever showed up to claim them.

One time it worked and I was 2 rows back from mid court against the LeBron Cavs in the playoffs. He inbounded a ball like 3 feet from me and it was crazy.

Also, Leon Powe saw me wearing a Leon Powe jersey and came up from the bench to sign it. I think I'm the only person he's ever seen wear his jersey.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
summer league used to be a great way to see how huge and fast everyone was up close for basically nothing but then Lakers fans ruined it :mad:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Collin Darnell Sexton (born January 4, 1999)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm 5'8

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1366503507109564424?s=21

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
They don't seriously think they have a playoff capable roster do they?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Only four East teams have a winning record, why not?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

They sure spent a lot of money to be 2 games back of the playin tourney.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Boylenflex.jpg

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

They are considerably underperforming their net rating. Their expected win/loss is currently at 17-17, which would make them the 5th seed in the east. They also have been ravished by injury, but they do have 3 players who are top 35 in winshares. This team should be better then it is, and Lloyd Pierce is probably not the answer at coach, so I dont really see a big deal with getting rid of him

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What's the record for coaches fired halfway through a season?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nate McMillan is gonna fix their offense by having Trae take a lot of foul line jumpers

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Be wary of going all-in too early on stars still on their rookie contracts, imo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Atlanta's had a few years being kinda junky and maybe being worse than their roster should be. Like the Wolves, I am not 100% sure what a midseason firing does but I guess at least Atlanta has a shot of getting back into the mix.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

Nate McMillan is gonna fix their offense by having Trae take a lot of foul line jumpers

They have the ninth-best offense, though. And the sixth-worst defense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They made a bunch of big moves dating back to last trade deadline with Capella. They've had some of those big pieces get hurt, but clearly someone was expecting this to pay off and the coach is always the easy first target

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

They have the ninth-best offense, though. And the sixth-worst defense.

i know

also re: going all in I don't think it was really the front office thinking that they were ready to be serious contenders or something, ownership just demanded they make a playoff push so they spent to make that happen. it's not like they're way out of it either given the current state of the east

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Hawks fire Pierce. They should have fired the GM. I have no idea what they were doing last off season. All that money for second level players and then they add Rondo. I have to add they gave Rondo two guaranteed years, and left themselves with no way to sign Collins. All this when they really needed to play Cam and Hunter. I know everyone is injured, but where were the minutes for all these guys going to come from? So everyone is hurt, fire the coach. Meanwhile, they had set themselves up perfectly with cap space and completely screwed it up.
Why did they sign Bogdan and not trade one of Reddish or Hunter? Why sign Danilo and not trade Collins? Why sign any of them and maybe just get some lowkey defensive guys on cheap contracts.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Yeah they should've just waited until after the season and cleaned house completely

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1366512384605618177?s=19

Seems like a bad way to do business

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chilihead posted:

Hawks fire Pierce. They should have fired the GM. I have no idea what they were doing last off season. All that money for second level players and then they add Rondo. I have to add they gave Rondo two guaranteed years, and left themselves with no way to sign Collins. All this when they really needed to play Cam and Hunter. I know everyone is injured, but where were the minutes for all these guys going to come from? So everyone is hurt, fire the coach. Meanwhile, they had set themselves up perfectly with cap space and completely screwed it up.
Why did they sign Bogdan and not trade one of Reddish or Hunter? Why sign Danilo and not trade Collins? Why sign any of them and maybe just get some lowkey defensive guys on cheap contracts.

because they had an insane amount of cap space and the owner demanded they use it to try to make a playoff run this year

e: also they haven't had their full team basically all year, Gallo got hurt right away and missed 12 games and Bogdanovic has only played 9 games. They've played their intended starting lineup for like 3 minutes all year

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 2, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E:Hawks are definitely a situation where the coach is eating a firing for bad GMing. I guess to be fair I could see the optimistic side of the moves but that was a whole lot of risk.

MourningView posted:

summer league used to be a great way to see how huge and fast everyone was up close for basically nothing but then Lakers fans ruined it :mad:

If the Lakers keep not having draft picks a lot of the fanbase is going to stop caring I imagine.

Rick fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 2, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lots of dudebro laker fans will show up because it’s a short drive and an excuse to walk around with their Kobe jerseys on and have a drinking weekend in vegas with the guys

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I'm here for the twilight of my discontent. Please, Silver. Deliver unto the Pistons a pick that will ascend us from the Stygian depths we've wallowed in for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Vinestalk posted:

I'm here for the twilight of my discontent. Please, Silver. Deliver unto the Pistons a pick that will ascend us from the Stygian depths we've wallowed in for far too long.

Sorry dude,it's the curse of drafting Darko.
Should have drafted Melo.