Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

ruddiger posted:

There’s a person speaking broken English and describing something taking a lot of time by repeatedly saying “MondayTuesdayWednesday” possibly from a movie, but could be from a tv episode of something too.

Are you thinking of Apollonia in The Godfather?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

E: nope, ^^^ is definitely what I was thinking of

I feel like that might be in La Femme Nikita

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yup, you guys nailed it. Gracias!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I have another one. I recently rewatched Lost in Translation and the part where the prostitute is like "rip my stockings" at the hotel, I thought I remembered bill murray throwing an ashtray through a two way mirror in the room and revealing the hotel manager with a camera crew trying to film the indecentness.. what movie was that?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

I have another one. I recently rewatched Lost in Translation and the part where the prostitute is like "rip my stockings" at the hotel, I thought I remembered bill murray throwing an ashtray through a two way mirror in the room and revealing the hotel manager with a camera crew trying to film the indecentness.. what movie was that?

Probably Die Another Day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kOj30HOB2w&t=69s

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

ahhh yeah definitely

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A character grudgingly says "Doesn't matter. Still counts." after getting shown up.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Davros1 posted:

A character grudgingly says "Doesn't matter. Still counts." after getting shown up.

I'm thinking Gimli and Legolas in the LOTR trilogy, e.g. "That still only counts as one!" after Legolas takes down an olyphant and all the men riding it in ROTK.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm thinking Gimli and Legolas in the LOTR trilogy, e.g. "That still only counts as one!" after Legolas takes down an olyphant and all the men riding it in ROTK.

Thanks, but it's definitely not that.

I'm beginning to think it was from a tv show

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 26, 2021

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Davros1 posted:

Ryan Reynolds maybe? Waiting?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Just remembered; from the Doctor Who episode "Mindwarp". Brian Blessed uttered the line. (or something similar)

But thanks everyone who made suggestions! Appreciate it!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Definitely not a movie, but I am convinced I saw an SNL sketch about an actress and an actor getting ready for an emotional scene. The male actor says that wardrobe does a good job of supplying fake tears. The female actress says she doesn’t need them because she remembers the childhood car accident that she was in that killed her whole family and ended with her father’s severed head in her lap and she kept saying it’s ok daddy, I’m ok.

The male actor starts sobbing and they do their scene.

Cut to the oscars where the male actor wins and gives a speech about his family dying in a car accident, stealing his costar’s tragedy. The sketch ends with the actress being dragged away from the Oscars while screaming that she wants his severed head in her lap.

In my head this is Linda Hamilton and Kevin Nealon, but I’ve checked review sites of SNL episodes and it’s not mentioned at all under her episode. It would be about that timeframe though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Dammit I know exactly what you're talking about and remember it too, but no details of course.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

Definitely not a movie, but I am convinced I saw an SNL sketch about an actress and an actor getting ready for an emotional scene. The male actor says that wardrobe does a good job of supplying fake tears. The female actress says she doesn’t need them because she remembers the childhood car accident that she was in that killed her whole family and ended with her father’s severed head in her lap and she kept saying it’s ok daddy, I’m ok.

The male actor starts sobbing and they do their scene.

Cut to the oscars where the male actor wins and gives a speech about his family dying in a car accident, stealing his costar’s tragedy. The sketch ends with the actress being dragged away from the Oscars while screaming that she wants his severed head in her lap.

In my head this is Linda Hamilton and Kevin Nealon, but I’ve checked review sites of SNL episodes and it’s not mentioned at all under her episode. It would be about that timeframe though.

It's definitely SNL. Pretty sure it was Phil Hartman and Jan Hooks. Definitely that era.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Price Check posted:

It's definitely SNL. Pretty sure it was Phil Hartman and Jan Hooks. Definitely that era.

Yep, except it was Phil Hartman and the host, Miranda Richardson. The sketch took place on a set for a movie called “The Rain People.”

Why do I remember this when I can’t remember the name of half the people in my office? Brains are dumb.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

This feels like it could be in like 20 Brooklyn Nine Nine episodes.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yep, except it was Phil Hartman and the host, Miranda Richardson. The sketch took place on a set for a movie called “The Rain People.”

Why do I remember this when I can’t remember the name of half the people in my office? Brains are dumb.

Goddamn. I scrolled past a the Miranda Richardson episode yesterday thinking it’d never be her

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Of course YouTube has the various takes but not the line in question. Grr.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

happyhippy posted:

This feels like it could be in like 20 Brooklyn Nine Nine episodes.
I was gonna say the same thing, but could only think of, "Cool motive! Still murder." definitively.

Ninja edit: Doesn't matter; still counts is a line from I Just Had Sex!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Is this the same sketch where the actress is having to cry on screen, and she gets there by reliving emotional trauma and Hartman keeps flubbing his lines, so they have to do the scene over and over?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Oh poo poo, I found it! Yeah, that's the one.

https://streamable.com/0g23e

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Oh poo poo, I found it! Yeah, that's the one.

https://streamable.com/0g23e

I love Spade's Michael J. Fox.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

This may be a made-up movie from a combination of dreams but figured I'd try--

Was a sci-fi movie, originally seen on the SyFy channel sometime in the early 2000s. Had a very dreamlike tone, and had a bunch of mutants/orcs/fairies and some sort of queen in a modern-ish setting. The ending was what stuck in my head, because it had the main protagonist find our some earth-shattering truth, pour gasoline all over himself, and set himself on fire.

Final image was him jumping into a deep pool of water, and floating through the water with gross burned and cracked skin.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

This may be a made-up movie from a combination of dreams but figured I'd try--

Was a sci-fi movie, originally seen on the SyFy channel sometime in the early 2000s. Had a very dreamlike tone, and had a bunch of mutants/orcs/fairies and some sort of queen in a modern-ish setting. The ending was what stuck in my head, because it had the main protagonist find our some earth-shattering truth, pour gasoline all over himself, and set himself on fire.

Final image was him jumping into a deep pool of water, and floating through the water with gross burned and cracked skin.

Sounds like Dagon (2001).

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Zogo posted:

Sounds like Dagon (2001).

Holy poo poo. Should have known it was a Lovecraft adaptation. Good call.

https://youtu.be/1VCe3Iz-ieE

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Here's a question, what movies feature a fictional Orson Welles? There's Ed Wood for one. Having a bit of google difficulty, when I search fictional Orson Welles in movies etc it's just telling me about the real guy. I seem to recall seeing that in at least one other thing, other than the recent Mank. Or maybe not, but figured worth checking!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't know about this before, but if you search for Orson Welles in imdb you get a keyword suggestion distinguishing Orson Welles the person from Orson Welles the character in other works: https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=orson-welles-character

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

My Lovely Horse posted:

I didn't know about this before, but if you search for Orson Welles in imdb you get a keyword suggestion distinguishing Orson Welles the person from Orson Welles the character in other works: https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=orson-welles-character

Thanks, that's cool!! I've been meaning to see Cradle Will Rock, since I heard Tim Robbins on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also check out Maurice Lemarche (voice of Egon in The Real Ghostbusters, Brain from Pinky and the Brain), apparently he does a killer Orson Welles impression (voice only, of course). That might lead to something?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also check out Maurice Lemarche (voice of Egon in The Real Ghostbusters, Brain from Pinky and the Brain), apparently he does a killer Orson Welles impression (voice only, of course). That might lead to something?

I just watched the RGB episode 'Ghostbuster of the Year' which has a ton of Citizen Kane references throughout, and gets LaMarche additionally doing his Orson Welles all over the place.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Heavy Metal posted:

Here's a question, what movies feature a fictional Orson Welles? There's Ed Wood for one. Having a bit of google difficulty, when I search fictional Orson Welles in movies etc it's just telling me about the real guy. I seem to recall seeing that in at least one other thing, other than the recent Mank. Or maybe not, but figured worth checking!

Its not going to be a comprehensive list, but Welles wikipedia page has an "In popular culture" section which includes:

Wikipedias page on Orson Welles posted:

Director Peter Jackson cast Montreal actor Jean Guérin as Welles in his 1994 film, Heavenly Creatures.[238]
Vincent D'Onofrio portrayed Welles in a brief cameo appearance in Tim Burton's 1994 film, Ed Wood, where he briefly appears and encourages the eponymous filmmaker to fight for making his movies his own way in spite of his producers.[239]
Voice actor Maurice LaMarche is known for his Welles impression, heard in Ed Wood (in which he dubbed the dialog of Vincent D'Onofrio); the 1994–95 primetime animated series, The Critic; a 2006 episode of The Simpsons; and a 2011 episode of Futurama for which LaMarche won an Emmy Award. The voice he created for the character Brain from the animated series Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain was largely influenced by Welles.[240]
The 1996 film The Battle Over Citizen Kane, which chronicles the conflict between Welles and Hearst, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.[241][242]
Welles is a recurring character in the Anno Dracula series by author and critic Kim Newman, appearing in Dracula Cha Cha Cha (1998) and Johnny Alucard (2013).[243][244]
In 1999 Welles appeared on a U.S. postage stamp in a scene from Citizen Kane. The United States Postal Service was petitioned to honor Welles with a stamp in 2015, the 100th anniversary of his birth, but the effort did not succeed.[245]
The 1999 HBO docudrama, RKO 281, tells the story of the making of Citizen Kane, starring Liev Schreiber as Orson Welles.[246]
Tim Robbins's 1999 film Cradle Will Rock chronicles the process and events surrounding Welles and John Houseman's production of the 1937 musical by Marc Blitzstein. Welles is played by actor Angus MacFadyen.[247]
Austin Pendleton's 2000 play, Orson's Shadow, concerns the 1960 London production of Eugène Ionesco's play Rhinoceros directed by Welles and starring Laurence Olivier. First presented by the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in 2000, the play opened off-Broadway in 2005[248] and had its European premiere in London in 2015.[249]
In Michael Chabon's 2000 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, the protagonists meet Orson Welles and attend the premiere of Citizen Kane.[250]
In the film Fade to Black (2006), a fictional thriller set during Welles's 1948 journey to Rome to star in the movie Black Magic, Danny Huston stars as Welles.[251]
Me and Orson Welles (2009), based on Robert Kaplow's 2003 novel,[252] stars Zac Efron as a teenager who convinces Welles (Christian McKay) to cast him in his 1937 production of Julius Caesar. McKay received numerous accolades for his performance, including a BAFTA nomination.[253]
Welles is the central character in "Ian, George, and George," a novelette by Paul Levinson published in 2013 in Analog Science Fiction and Fact magazine.[254]
In 2014 comedic actor Jack Black portrayed Welles in the sketch comedy show Drunk History.[255]
A 2014 documentary by Chuck Workman, Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles, was released to critical acclaim.[256][257]
Rapper Logic samples Orson Welles twice on his 2020 album No Pressure, with a portion of the August 11, 1946 "Orson Welles Commentaries" episode featured as the outro to the album, titled Obediently Yours.
Tom Burke portrayed Welles in David Fincher's 2020 film, Mank, which focuses on Herman J. Mankiewicz, the co-writer of Citizen Kane.
Welles is portrayed by three avatars as he comes to grip with his own death in the 2020 filmopera Orson Rehearsed[258] by composer director Daron Hagen.[259]

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
There was an aminated movie I watched as a kid where a boy (and a girl I think) build a castle by just running around and the bricks fall in place under their feet. Anyone know what movie it could be?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

human garbage bag posted:

There was an aminated movie I watched as a kid where a boy (and a girl I think) build a castle by just running around and the bricks fall in place under their feet.

Unlikely that you'd misremember Obelix building a small wall by dropping bricks for a boy (and a girl) building a castle, but this made me think of this scene (~59 min if the time stamp doesn't work) from Asterix & Cleopatra.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

westborn posted:

Unlikely that you'd misremember Obelix building a small wall by dropping bricks for a boy (and a girl) building a castle, but this made me think of this scene (~59 min if the time stamp doesn't work) from Asterix & Cleopatra.

Yeah that's not it, in my case the boy took a step over a ledge and a brick magically flew up and secured itself under his foot. Then he kept taking more steps and more bricks flew up, building the castle.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Yeah that's not it, in my case the boy took a step over a ledge and a brick magically flew up and secured itself under his foot. Then he kept taking more steps and more bricks flew up, building the castle.

I think there is a scene like that at the end of "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" by Hayao Miyazaki, one of the main characters has to scramble around as the castle re-configures itself.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

yaffle posted:

I think there is a scene like that at the end of "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" by Hayao Miyazaki, one of the main characters has to scramble around as the castle re-configures itself.

Hmm, I don't think so, in my case the castle was built from scratch. I think a wizard might have helped them?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hmm, I don't think so, in my case the castle was built from scratch. I think a wizard might have helped them?

This isn't Unico In the Island of Magic from a few pages ago, is it?

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Origami Dali posted:

This isn't Unico In the Island of Magic from a few pages ago, is it?

No, the bricks were normal. Could it be The Black Cauldron? I searched and didn't find a clip of the scene in question.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

My most memorable Orson Welles moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Who’s the big square-headed character actor that’s not Ron Perlman? More of a TV guy, I’m pretty sure he had a small recurring role on Lost