Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s kind of weird and dumb that the failure of the ritual to save the world sucked out the Incarnate’s powers, but then they just naturally got them back.

They could have portrayed the ritual as partially successful or the creation of the eight realms as an unintended beneficial side effect, but the End Times has them unambiguously portrayed as owned in every possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, so are tyrion and teclis no longer "cursed" with brain/body problems?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so are tyrion and teclis no longer "cursed" with brain/body problems?

More like a master blaster scenario

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah the disconnect between End Times and Age of Sigmar is pretty huge. I honestly feel like the decision to blow up the Old World is retroactively justified a bit by Age of Sigmar being pretty interesting in its own right at this point (and the Old World coming back in a presumably less static way than it was stuck in before), but the way they handled the transition was still a huge loving mess no matter how you look at it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Age of Sigmar will have to be a lot better than it currently is to even begin justifying the ungodly mess that is End Times. :colbert:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Age of Sigmar will have to be a lot better than it currently is to even begin justifying the ungodly mess that is End Times. :colbert:

Just think back to when you played with legos and action figures or whatever, and when you were done playing you decided to blow everything up for no reason. There's the reason and justification, writ large

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah I'm not saying it justifies the lovely version of it we got which was so poorly managed that different books didn't even do a good job of creating a coherent continuity for it. Just that I think that shaking things up was justified, and now we might belatedly be ending up with a best of both worlds in some ways, depending on how good the new Old World ends up being. If nothing else it's adding novelty by exploring previously unexplored factions though, so that's a plus. I think the experience also helped when it came to advancing the plot in 40k in a non-destructive way.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 2, 2021

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Aelves

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tyrion shoulda stayed dead, only person worse is mannfred von planetexploder

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i lust for battle!!!!!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The elves are not exactly brimming with interesting characters

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zzulu posted:

The elves are not exactly brimming with interesting characters

Alarielle, Teclis, and Alith Anar all own. Also CA really improved Imric by just turning the smug dickhead level to even more than how GW wrote him.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have been designing buttplugs off of the elf hat design for years

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Eltharion's in AoS as a living suit of armor because every time he gets a new body it dies to Arkhan's curse again. It seems pretty weird sometimes who they decided to bring back and who they decided to leave behind.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've never played more than a few turns as Tyrion, dude is just boring as hell plus he looks kind of ridiculous and not in a good way.

Alith Anar is the best, he loves killing elves and HE armies with stalk and shadow realm teleportation is comically overpowered.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Alith Anar is great, Teclis gets a pass because he is useful and not lovely to everyone else, Imrick works because he doesn't wear a mask about how elves be

All other elves suck though

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I still don't understand why Alarielle is now god of the treemen and Morathi looks like Lady Vashj from Warcraft.

"Should I read up on AoS lore?" -A question I ask myself every week.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cardboard Fox posted:

I still don't understand why Alarielle is now god of the treemen and Morathi looks like Lady Vashj from Warcraft.

In End Times she merges with Ariel, and though they don't present it this way, it's obviously that Ariel overpowers her and is the one is control.

Also Alith Anar owns because even though Malekith believes in the prophecy that says only a male sorcerer can kill him, he still pisses his pants at the mention of Alith Anar and is afraid of him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cardboard Fox posted:

There's a lot of new poo poo going on with Morathi, so that's a good place to start if you do.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wouldn't mind some more of her medusa units in the game;

and whatever these ladies are;

Also, Morathi in her AoS form slithering around the battlefield;

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

jokes posted:

More like a master blaster scenario

when I saw that picture I didnt see the guy on the left and I thought Teclis was Tyrion's hat

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Those ain't bad.

It's dumb because I like a LOT of the AOS units but holy gently caress the lore is so stupid and terrible. I wish there was a portal into WHFB where AOS units get summoned in or something

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

jokes posted:

Those ain't bad.

It's dumb because I like a LOT of the AOS units but holy gently caress the lore is so stupid and terrible. I wish there was a portal into WHFB where AOS units get summoned in or something

They made the SigMarines look a lot better. Also allowed them to take their helmets off. I actually like their look in the newer way.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So 3K DLC drops on March 11th, and WH3 news supposedly sometime in May, per Grace on Reddit. Pretty sure that means the final WH2 DLC is at some point in April, given CA's usual strategy of giving each of their DLCs a dedicated time frame for marketing and sales.

The real question is when will they start teasing the last DLC? And what the hell will it be?

Beastmen seem likely. Maybe the dawi? What about Archaon and friends?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

AnEdgelord posted:

I dont know if its so much "paper thin cultural pandering" as it is "acknowledging the existence of the eastern portion of the map and having some human civilizations that aren't made up of white european equivalents or dead people"

Well, the existing lore for places like Nippon and Ind is definitely the former, or even outright "cultural stereotypes" in a negative way.

Having a far east and doing some yokai themed enemies would be cool, but GW hasn't even explored these areas very much for a reason. And as a result what there is, is very old.

So at that point it does have the concern of "paper thin cultural pandering" and maybe they'd be much better off just inventing new factions to go over there. Nippon should probably get its name changed for one?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
seriously the less CA’s roadmap includes factions like “ind” and “nippon” the better. This poo poo is from a time where they called primarchs konrad kurz and is good despite it not because of it.

If they want Nioh: the faction and Indian god units running around I’d be all up for that in a separate game. Sure those things are really cool (I’ve wanted a Japanese mythology total war for ages) but I’m glad they moved away from this stuff in age of sigmar.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jokes posted:

Those ain't bad.

AOS started off super dumb and as everybody just said basically just blew everything up for no reason, but there have been some cool fantasy lore concepts to come out of AOS since.

I especially like the focus on multiple planes of reality and travelling through portals to chaos dimensions and stuff, there's a city built inside a giant portal such that half the city exists in a realm of fire and half of it exists in a realm of life and lava from the fire realm is piped through the portal to form a lava moat on the other side which prevents the life realm from overgrowing the city. That's metal as gently caress.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Eimi posted:

They made the SigMarines look a lot better. Also allowed them to take their helmets off. I actually like their look in the newer way.

I just really dislike the overall design of SigMarines, and most of the other AoS launch factions, even if the individual models have technically improved. :shrug:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

maev posted:

seriously the less CA’s roadmap includes factions like “ind” and “nippon” the better. This poo poo is from a time where they called primarchs konrad kurz and is good despite it not because of it.

If they want Nioh: the faction and Indian god units running around I’d be all up for that in a separate game. Sure those things are really cool (I’ve wanted a Japanese mythology total war for ages) but I’m glad they moved away from this stuff in age of sigmar.

Except Ind and Nippon getting in game would be extremely cool and good because those are places that have existed in setting without any actual armies to play and plenty of people would like to play them, plus a lot of the weird stuff has been excised and part of that is making the mysterious "east" less mysterious by giving them proper lore, characters and playable units.

Basically I have never seen a more wrong opinion, one of the biggest failings of Age of Sigmar was how much of the fun little stuff it lost in the transition between Old World and random planes of violent violence.

It's not like the Empire is even disguising the fact it's meant to be the Holy Roman Empire (but with fantasy enemies), or Brettonia being anything but Britons Arthurian Mythos + France. These are both perfectly fine factions in the game, and Nippon and Ind could also be perfectly fine factions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Devorum posted:

I always assumed that's where GW got the name.

Actually both Malekith's came out at basically the same time.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think tempering expectations on Ind and Nippon and any other exotic race like Naga is a good idea since it'll be years before we get them if ever, and despite Cathay seeming to open the door to any number of possibilities, we may still just get the same two race packs we got in 1 and 2 followed by a shitload of lord packs. If more exotic stuff comes out later I'll play it, but there's a lot to look forward to before we get that far.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Except Ind and Nippon getting in game would be extremely cool and good because those are places that have existed in setting without any actual armies to play and plenty of people would like to play them, plus a lot of the weird stuff has been excised and part of that is making the mysterious "east" less mysterious by giving them proper lore, characters and playable units.

Basically I have never seen a more wrong opinion, one of the biggest failings of Age of Sigmar was how much of the fun little stuff it lost in the transition between Old World and random planes of violent violence.

It's not like the Empire is even disguising the fact it's meant to be the Holy Roman Empire (but with fantasy enemies), or Brettonia being anything but Britons Arthurian Mythos + France. These are both perfectly fine factions in the game, and Nippon and Ind could also be perfectly fine factions.

You're really going to respond to "they should probably avoid the racist stuff" with "I have never seen a more wrong opinion" ???? Yikes. Major yikes.

You're either intentionally misreading the post you're responding to or you're defending racism.

British people clowning on other white people isn't the same, jesus christ.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

You're really going to respond to "they should probably avoid the racist stuff" with "I have never seen a more wrong opinion" ???? Yikes. Major yikes.

You're either intentionally misreading the post you're responding to or you're defending racism.

Maybe wait and see how they handle Cathay before deciding there's no non-racist way to deal with Ind and Nippon. :shrug:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sinteres posted:

Tyrion went blind wandering around the realm of light until he found Teclis, so Teclis had to teach him how to be Daredevil and use his other senses/god powers to get around.

Note quite Tyrion pretty much walked into the sun to the point his eyes melted looking at the radiance while looking for Teclis, then he communed with the spirit of Light. Who seemed to revive Teclis while also wiping the encounter from Tyrion's mind. The revived Teclis while still weak of body, but the godly essence Tyrion had was now shared between them, and was reflected, and amplified rather then diminished. Tyrion also found out he had the ability to see through Teclis' eyes now, instead of just being blind.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Forget it Jake, it's Zaphod.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sinteres posted:

Maybe wait and see how they handle Cathay before deciding there's no non-racist way to deal with Ind and Nippon. :shrug:

The point made was that they need to be dealt with. I literally just suggested inventing new factions in those areas.

Again, if you want to argue the finer points this is complicated, but "I have never seen a more wrong opinion" as a response to concerns over racism is a really, really bad take.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

They could put fantasy Asia in the game and not have it be racist

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

They could put fantasy Asia in the game and not have it be racist

Yes agreed that's what we just said they should do. :v: But if you're calling on the old GW faction of "Nippon" you're gonna be walking through a minefield.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Gonkish posted:

So 3K DLC drops on March 11th, and WH3 news supposedly sometime in May, per Grace on Reddit. Pretty sure that means the final WH2 DLC is at some point in April, given CA's usual strategy of giving each of their DLCs a dedicated time frame for marketing and sales.

The real question is when will they start teasing the last DLC? And what the hell will it be?

Beastmen seem likely. Maybe the dawi? What about Archaon and friends?

They can give a preview for Warhammer 3 before the dlc for 2 is out though to be fair. There was a massive gap between the Grom lord pack and the Wood Elves/Thrott one so it might be premature to assume that May being when they "can" talk about Warhammer 3 meaning that the dlc has to be out in April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Is the point of contention that "Nippon" is racist because Nippon is quite literally one of the names used to refer to Japan by the Japanese in some point of their history