Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Ian St John has died :(

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/427370-liverpool-fc-deeply-saddened-by-ian-st-john-passing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's fine pundits have a new excuse for Steve Bruce being poo poo

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1366682485602582528?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Relegation looms and I’m all for it

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Vinestalk posted:

I was taking it as him saying the discontent is so apparent from the players and the toxicity is between them and Bruce. It'd be weird for him to blame supporters and later acknowledge that they aren't in the stadium. But maybe I'm being too charitable.

is it? bruce is apparently quite popular amongst the players

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol at Ashley being a cheap lazy oval office biting him in the arse yet again

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1366697852282503171?s=19

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I mean, it does kind of feel like at this point the entire existence of Newcastle United as a football club is one long, unpunctuated letter to the editor

I think the last time I had a conversation with a Newcastle fan that didn't immediately devolve into "NO I AM NOT JUST HAVING A MOAN THESE ARE LEGITIMATE GRIEVANCES" was around the time Faustino Asprilla left

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

proposal: bring back faustino asprilla

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
yeah because everyone listens to talksport for 3 minutes where they hear some shite about steve bruce being an excellent man manager he's a great coach, look they're comfortably mid table, what are they moaning about, who do newcastle fans think they are etc. and think they have a good grasp on what's going on

meanwhile you've got literally every fan telling you exactly why everything is poo poo but for some reason they all lean on what they heard on talksport and think we're all just talking crap because we like moaning

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
my source and justification for the above is every non-newcastle fan on this forum every time mike ashley is mentioned

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

my source and justification for the above is every non-newcastle fan on this forum every time mike ashley is mentioned

Reading this post and also wondering why Newcastle fans get accused of unnecessary hyperbole

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leave Bruce alone he's a good lad who means well. Loving the idea of the billionaire sheikhs or whoever watching the results on the final day waiting for mathematical safety before signing the big comedy cheque

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Leave Bruce alone he's a good lad who means well

he is and does he's just a bit poo poo as a manager

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bruce should stick to novels

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bruce scored like 20 goals in a season from CB.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bundy posted:

Reading this post and also wondering why Newcastle fans get accused of unnecessary hyperbole

and yet

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Leave Bruce alone he's a good lad who means well. Loving the idea of the billionaire sheikhs or whoever watching the results on the final day waiting for mathematical safety before signing the big comedy cheque

reminder that abramovich only bought chelsea because they qualified for the CL on the last day of the season and that they would otherwise have gone into administration in that, the good timeline

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

and yet

mate I could have Alan Shearer tattooed across my face and the barcode literally inked on my torso and I'd still think you're a moron

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer on their Newcastle posting marks

get set, go

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

kcer on their Newcastle posting marks

get set, go

Smh

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lol he doesn't even realise he's just perfectly demonstrating my post

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Kcer's not totally off, but I thought the main person really giving Newcastle fans crap was that Swansea fan (whose name I can't remember now) who was using Blackpool's and Swansea's self-destructive ownership situations as points of reference.

And a couple of people who wanted to dunk on Rafa "Raffles" Benitez.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea's ownership situation is pretty good even if we don't have moneybags owners who will spend £150m to get us promoted like Big Mike did for ungrateful Tooners.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I mean relegation sucks and all but watching newcastle somehow kicking the poo poo out of championship clubs was pretty fun

sassassin posted:

Swansea's ownership situation is pretty good even if we don't have moneybags owners who will spend £150m to get us promoted like Big Mike did for ungrateful Tooners.

pretty sure big mike was a big part of the reason they went down in the first place

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm sorry but mods can we get a ban for anyone disparaging saviour of Newcastle and the British High Street Michael Ashley thanks

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
imo newcastle have been more positive and looking better recently so it's no surprise their attackers have gotten injured from the stress of having to do anything

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ilmucche posted:

I mean relegation sucks and all but watching newcastle somehow kicking the poo poo out of championship clubs was pretty fun

Fingers crossed all of the Newcastle supporters get to watch them in the Championship next season then.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
it's mad how bent out of shape you all get when we talk about newcastle once every like 3 months

you're all weird as gently caress

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

it's mad how bent out of shape you all get when we talk about newcastle once every like 3 months

you're all weird as gently caress

Like, there were perfectly normal posts being made about Newcastle until you stomped in and blamed everyone else in the forum for talksport existing and enabling the Steve Bruce Is Good conspiracy. You now seem mad, possibly inexplicably surprised you got some push back on that

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
maybe i shouldn't have had a go at the good lads on this forum but you're the one who kicked off pal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Shrapnig posted:

Fingers crossed all of the Newcastle supporters get to watch them in the Championship next season then.

gently caress it, if they can not lose at home for an entire season again why not?

kcer posted:

maybe i shouldn't have had a go at the good lads on this forum but you're the one who kicked off pal

What were you trying to say with the talksport post. I couldn't make sense of it because I have the intelligence of am a newcastle fan.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't care about Newcastle except I think it's funny when they lose because of Mike Ashley. hth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
And with that amazing input from Oliwan we close this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960988