Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Oh no, I'm not falling for that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

This reminds me of playing AvP 1999 when it first came out and playing with randoms on the Alien 3 foundry map, just fighting off waves and waves of aliens for hours until it was time for bed.

I used the Smartgun because auto-aim is fun.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I guess Coldiron is a studio that has existed since 2015 but has never released a game?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's me demonstrating my interest in this offer

https://i.imgur.com/LC1isdZ.mp4

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

A third person Aliens game just sounds... wrong.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Deakul posted:

A third person Aliens game just sounds... wrong.

The films are third person :smug:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Welp, that humble is out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm interested in Wildfire.

e"

NOTE: When redeeming Control via Steam key, users may see Control Ultimate Edition in their Steam library and during installation. Please disregard the Ultimate Edition title as the Steam key will only grant Control Standard Edition. For more information, please visit: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005474899

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Looks hella generic, and something about a third-person Aliens game seems counterintuitive. Like, even if the older, non-Isolation Aliens games were mostly action games, keeping it first-person still helped elevate that sense of dread.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aliens vs. Predator is one of the best beatemups ever made and that was in third person!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Coldiron is owned by Daybreak now. So you can pretty much brand it with a poo poo stamp.

Hard pass at launch and I'd have to think twice at 5 dollars or less.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Orv posted:

Oh no, I'm not falling for that again.

It's actually pretty amazing that no one has been successful in making a good video game out of what seems like the most video-game-ready premise imaginable. To be clear I'm talking about Aliens, not Alien, because there was eventually a good Alien game. But there is an entire genre of video games that are almost entirely based around the movie Aliens but not a good version with the license. It's just amazing, like, how hard would it be to just say "this is L4D but with the Aliens license."

Having said all that, I would love to play an Among Us style co-op action game version of Nemesis, which is technically half Alien and half Aliens (or maybe 70-30). Like the recent Friday the 13th game except on an infested spaceship.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1366780628977348608

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Alright serious question. I would like to purchase keys of Kingdom Two Crowns, Wildfire, Ageless, and maybe Peaky Blinders. Getting the rest of the bundle is not worth it for me as I own the big games and don't want homestuck/multiplayer-only PVP/wrestling. I have paypal. Help?

e: Also if there's a thread I should be asking instead, please send me there.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Alright serious question. I would like to purchase keys of Kingdom Two Crowns, Wildfire, Ageless, and maybe Peaky Blinders. Getting the rest of the bundle is not worth it for me as I own the big games and don't want homestuck/multiplayer-only PVP/wrestling. I have paypal. Help?

e: Also if there's a thread I should be asking instead, please send me there.

check SA-Mart, I used to have a thread for reselling Humble keys though I've been lazy and haven't updated it for a while. I'm sure there are others, though

Orv
May 4, 2011

Boy that's uh, hm. If you know anything about how K-pop handles and controls its stars that's not a great look.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm interested in Wildfire.

e"

NOTE: When redeeming Control via Steam key, users may see Control Ultimate Edition in their Steam library and during installation. Please disregard the Ultimate Edition title as the Steam key will only grant Control Standard Edition. For more information, please visit: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005474899

isn’t it not even possible to buy the standard edition on steam anymore?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

It never was, it launched as ultimate. I dunno if there’s an option to buy the DLC though, since why would there be?

E:looks like they added standard edition and the DLC to the store today.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It never was, it launched as ultimate. I dunno if there’s an option to buy the DLC though, since why would there be?

I checked, and there is now an option to buy the DLC ($10 each, the ultimate edition is $30 for comparison).

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The DLC is available: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/550438/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

they added it just for this lol

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

started playing BioShock Infinite for the first time the other night, and it's actually a pretty good linear FPS, at least when evaluated independently from the ridiculous hype and misleading marketing that made it out to be a full-fledged immersive sim with open-ended gameplay and the greatest narrative in the history of gaming. I'd say the actual gameplay is definitely better than the original BioShock even if the atmosphere, story, and world-building aren't up to par

Orv
May 4, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

started playing BioShock Infinite for the first time the other night, and it's actually a pretty good linear FPS, at least when evaluated independently from the ridiculous hype and misleading marketing that made it out to be a full-fledged immersive sim with open-ended gameplay and the greatest narrative in the history of gaming. I'd say the actual gameplay is definitely better than the original BioShock even if the atmosphere, story, and world-building aren't up to par

Be interested to hear if you still think this when you're done and you've seen the brilliance of the writing at a couple parts.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The DLC isn't that great anyway, so it's really a minor loss even if you don't buy it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Orv posted:

Be interested to hear if you still think this when you're done and you've seen the brilliance of the writing at a couple parts.

oh, I’m not praising the story and I’m already prepared for the horseshoe theory poo poo

Orv
May 4, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

oh, I’m not praising the story and I’m already prepared for the horseshoe theory poo poo

That but also I'm definitely in the camp that feels like the shooting does not hold up that long.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Quick opinion:

Hunt Showdown or Tarkov?
- Note Hunt is on sale on PS4 atm for 17 too.

*id likely play solo

Orv
May 4, 2011

strategery posted:

Quick opinion:

Hunt Showdown or Tarkov?

Quick opinion; Hunt. Tarkov is a shooter with unparalleled gunfeel and has delivered some of the best shootouts I've ever had in a game but the ever increasing cruft necessary to get those shootouts is not very fun. Hunt similarly has extremely good - not quite as but still tremendous - shootouts but the entire game is traveling from one of them to the next with very little of the hyperrealism and loot nonsense of Tarkov.

I will note that both of them are much more hardcore than your average FPS, lots of walking for twenty minutes to die from a bush and they are both very love it or hate it games.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Orv posted:

Quick opinion; Hunt. Tarkov is a shooter with unparalleled gunfeel and has delivered some of the best shootouts I've ever had in a game but the ever increasing cruft necessary to get those shootouts is not very fun. Hunt similarly has extremely good - not quite as but still tremendous - shootouts but the entire game is traveling from one of them to the next with very little of the hyperrealism and loot nonsense of Tarkov.

Thank you. Anyone know how it runs on (Base) ps4? If i do wind up playing with a friend, it would likely happen on ps4.

Cardiovorax posted:

Aren't both of these primarily multiplayer games? If you want to play solo, which I take to mean "not multiplayer", I'm not sure I'd recommend either one.

I meant by myself (not in a group)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Aren't both of these primarily multiplayer games? If you want to play solo, which I take to mean "not multiplayer", I'm not sure I'd recommend either one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

strategery posted:

Thank you. Anyone know how it runs on (Base) ps4? If i do wind up playing with a friend, it would likely happen on ps4.

It's a Crytek game and while I don't have any personal experience with the PS4 performance my guess would be probably not great, to be honest with you.

Cardiovorax posted:

They are both MP only games but both games are structured in such a way that solo play, while way harder than playing with a group, can be an extremely good asymmetrical PvP experience.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

strategery posted:

Quick opinion:

Hunt Showdown or Tarkov?

*id likely play solo

Hunt is a far better game and really deserves to be the more popular game out of the two, except the reason it’s less popular is probably the same reason I’m going to say tarkov anyway: you really need a teammate to enjoy hunt, and you don’t for tarkov. Hunt does allow you to queue as a solo but it is a very bad idea until you’re a superpro. it’s designed from the ground up to be a team game and is one of the most memorable experiences I’ve ever played with a friend, but it sadly can’t be recommended unless you can provide said friend.

that said even though I’d rank tarkov over hunt to a solo player, I sort of wouldn’t recommend tarkov in general. maybe it’s improved since I bounced off of it but it sucked in many ways when I played it.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 2, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol

https://twitter.com/CSoftproducts/status/1366824556841861125?s=20

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Awesome! posted:

they added it just for this lol

Wow, this is like that whole shitshow with the free upgrade to a next-gen version that they pulled on the consoles not long ago, all over again.

e: CYBER HOOK looks like a keeper though, interested to try that out.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 2, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nice to see David Jaffe is still a weird dumbass I suppose.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

if you could harness the power of gamer entitlement for good we'd have fully automated space communism by now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he is right that consoles should also offer painless digital refunds though

he just went about saying it in the most cringe way possible

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this week's game bunch

https://store.steampowered.com/app/762840/Maquette/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1 - Recursive puzzle game
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1540470/Retro_Classix_Heavy_Barrel/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1 - Looks like a bunch of arcade games are going to be released on Steam soon, starting with Data East games (Joe & Mac, Heavy Barrel, Bad Dudes, Gate of Doom, SRD, Two Crude Dudes, Express Raider, Super Burgertime)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1055170/Sir_Lovelot/ - Cute looking precision platformer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1175460/Revita/ - YET ANOTHER platformer roguelite with twin stick shooting
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1514360/LaidBack_Camp__Virtual__Lake_Motosu/ - what looks like an extremely lazy VR adaption of Laid Back Camp where they just put the characters on a lakeside beach and they probably talk to you and that's it. will probably make a billion dollars
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1273540/Mail_Mole/ - Mario 3D World style platformer, but with a control scheme i personally wasn't a huge fan of. maybe they will make adjustments for the full release. but RELEASING the button to jump was not very intuitive to me
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1282730/Loop_Hero/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2 - Loop Hero releases on Thursday

Orv
May 4, 2011

Awesome! posted:

Oh yeah absolutely. Just the more things change etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Awesome! posted:

He's totally right, Steam's refund policy is great, it's just funny to see him post that publicly and for the game's dev to acknowledge it.