Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I know Division 2 did this plenty but I’m so loving over these heavily scripted super immersive gameplay trailers. Like just walking around the house scavenging then being super conscious and careful when you hear gunfire in the distance. I don’t play these games as a sim I play loot piñata to break pinatas.

Lmao I’m slamming the pick up button on every item I see then sprint rolling to the next fight let’s loving go give me that loving loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I would really love more urban scavengy stuff truth be told. But everything that proports that is heavily PvP/competitive.

Tromping around apartments was some of the most fun I had in Div1 because it was immersive and nostalgic for me. If that was, say, an alternative to grinding bosses/supplement crafting mats in the long haul I'd do it as a relaxing walking (with sometimes shooting) simulator.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Morter posted:

I would really love more urban scavengy stuff truth be told. But everything that proports that is heavily PvP/competitive.

Tromping around apartments was some of the most fun I had in Div1 because it was immersive and nostalgic for me. If that was, say, an alternative to grinding bosses/supplement crafting mats in the long haul I'd do it as a relaxing walking (with sometimes shooting) simulator.

:same:

Does targeted loot in summit include exotics?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yep! Not sure if there's a small chance to get exotics off of regular mooks but they definitely drop off of bosses, caches and rogues in summit.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hamsystem posted:

:same:

Does targeted loot in summit include exotics?

It does but it’s the same extremely low chance as anywhere else.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

You can farm summit bosses if you want to. Get to a boss floor (they're every 10 floors) kill the boss, let his minions kill you (fast traveling to the lobby might work too), repeat.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Well, Hollywood wasn't as horrid as I thought it would be - I figured the forcefields would be more invulnerable, but they just prolonged the murder I was doing. Finished all the challenges short of "kill 50 with grenades", and that was mainly because I didn't feel like grinding that out.

Might spend this evening grinding out out the last 30 Summit floors for completion. Might play a little bit with Just The Tip of the Spear, see how disgusting my spec weapons can get with (more) free ammo.

Maybe I should just run my two boosted/non-story alts up to 40 for project/SHD greed...

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Ygolonac posted:

Well, Hollywood wasn't as horrid as I thought it would be - I figured the forcefields would be more invulnerable, but they just prolonged the murder I was doing. Finished all the challenges short of "kill 50 with grenades", and that was mainly because I didn't feel like grinding that out.

Might spend this evening grinding out out the last 30 Summit floors for completion. Might play a little bit with Just The Tip of the Spear, see how disgusting my spec weapons can get with (more) free ammo.

Maybe I should just run my two boosted/non-story alts up to 40 for project/SHD greed...

50 nades is simple just turn it down to hard or lower, equip concs, and throw on a mad bomber chest (to prime nades) and an Acosta bag (to get refunded nades). Then find 50 enemies!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It’s dumb but the secret to anything grenade is the first 4 guys on True Sons Viewpoint on normal or hard or whatever the lowest difficulty is. Even if there’s two purples you can usually use your pistol to soften them up for the grenade to kill them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I've never been really good with grenades in Div2 - somehow, I was better in 1. :iiam:

Anyway, committed Summit again. Got some moderate/due named items, and the Exotic cache puked out a Waveform.Which I might save and throw on one of my alts when they hit 40.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

50 nades is simple just turn it down to hard or lower, equip concs, and throw on a mad bomber chest (to prime nades) and an Acosta bag (to get refunded nades). Then find 50 enemies!

I wish priming grenades wasn't a backpack skill, that should just be a thing you can do. Same for using any grenade from any of the specialization trees :argh:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Morter posted:

This was a really fun part of Division 1 and it was actually worth it since you could get a ton of cosmetics that way. In Div 2 there's only a handful of cosmetics you can get by scavenging.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 2, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Finally got muh Big Horn and it’s fun AF imho, with braced on console it seems like a monster

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I mean that's cool and all but you could be running Eclipse like a big boy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
NERF THE GAU ALREADY

https://i.imgur.com/sjH4jme.gifv

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

moist turtleneck posted:

NERF THE GAU ALREADY

Three of you dying to that is pretty Heroic lmao

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol i never knew that would cause damage

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol glad I'm not the only one that did that trying to speed fast through the mission

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
So I can finally play again, and I'm still an ultra noob, just wandering my way through DC shooting fuckers. One of my many questions is what to do with all this equipment I've gathered. Should I sell it or deconstruct? And what the gently caress do I do with all the deconstructed parts? And is there a way to mass-deconstruct? I have 80 items and i don't want to hold down tab for five seconds x 80 items

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mark the items you don't want as junk. There's a separate button to deconstruct all junk.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Awesome, thanks! So is it better to deconstruct than sell? I haven't bought a single gun yet, there doesn't seem to be much reason for money

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Narzack posted:

Awesome, thanks! So is it better to deconstruct than sell? I haven't bought a single gun yet, there doesn't seem to be much reason for money
you get money from missions, only sell if you really need money or are at materials cap

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Is there anyway to throw together a fun tip of the spear build? Maybe tardigrade and grenade launcher?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

There is a small part where you are broke then you break through and have more money than you know what to do with. Don't hoard money thinking you have to be a miser.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is it sad that I wish they'd release another season track just so that I'd have something to make the numbers go up on while I play

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Thanks, fellas. I don't even know how much money I have. Another question. When I see a resource in the mini map, and it's red, white, or green, am i supposed to do anything with it?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Narzack posted:

Thanks, fellas. I don't even know how much money I have. Another question. When I see a resource in the mini map, and it's red, white, or green, am i supposed to do anything with it?

That just shows whether or not bad dudes are there (and not rescue the president kinda bad dudes....or are they......)

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Is there anyway to throw together a fun tip of the spear build? Maybe tardigrade and grenade launcher?

I used Chainkiller + TAC-50 for my TotS build.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

That just shows whether or not bad dudes are there (and not rescue the president kinda bad dudes....or are they......)

Depends on the president

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

that is what I mostly used until I got hunters and scorpio

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

skaianDestiny posted:

I used Chainkiller + TAC-50 for my TotS build.

Yeah I went chainkiller, mantis, and a bakers dozen plus a bunch of poo poo that makes it hit harder. Just pop that decoy and then plink heads nonstop

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Narzack posted:

Depends on the president

It may also means bad guys are on their way there and may not be there yet. Regardless food/water/components lose their importance to the game pretty quick.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If you like MMRs, coyote's mask, chainkiller chest, Tip of the Spear holster/backpack/gloves/kneepads all with headshot damage minors and your MMR/rifle of choice. Open up with the Tac50 and then headshot stuff for crazy numbers.

Tip of the Spear backpack will generate more Tac50 ammo over time but you can go with ToTS mask/holster/gloves/kneepads and chainkiller chestpiece and your backpack of choice (vigilance, composure or opportunistic) for even more damage. I use this last setup with Mantis and a shotgun with decoy and revive hive. I open with the Tac50 and throw the decoy, keep killing with mantis to refresh the decoy and if someone gets close he gets a shotgun (with chainkiller the first shot will kill almost anything). Mantis/White Death/revolver is a good combo too.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

It may also means bad guys are on their way there and may not be there yet. Regardless food/water/components lose their importance to the game pretty quick.

Yeah, most all of the game's systems are greek to me, so I just chill around DC shooting dudes with red labels and trying to look cool.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
That's a great way to start and will help ease you into the games higher end systems. It's worth to loot everything right now since you can actually find clothing drops every now and then.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/3TEZgBvercmUmsJvTv3KBG/the-division-2-the-road-ahead

- New game mode "entirely new to the franchise" made in collaboration with Ubisoft Bucharest, coming late 2021 at the earliest
- "...Investigating new ways to progress your agent with an emphasis on increasing build variety and viability."
- They will re-run all previous Seasons starting with Season 1, including Leagues and Global Events
- New Apparel Events and some minor Title Updates focused on game health
- No more Hamish (he got a new job within Ubisoft)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

When they had that announcement a couple weeks ago they literally had nothing planned at that time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jabro posted:

When they had that announcement a couple weeks ago they literally had nothing planned at that time.

Of course they didn’t they were loving packing up and ready to turn off the lights lmao

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The lights were already turned off.

quote:

The development of this content will be led by a group of project veterans at Ubisoft Massive.

This says they had to put another team together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is it sad that I wish they'd release another season track just so that I'd have something to make the numbers go up on while I play

Some real monkey's paw poo poo right here lmao