Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

Nintendo rewards is a joke. I received an email on 3/1 that I have 1,110 plat points and 120 of them are expiring this month.

There's a Zelda picross 3DS game for 1,000 plat points, but I only have 990. I guess those 120 points already expired.

:11tea:

Quoting myself from earlier because now Nintendo's website is showing that I have 1,020 platinum points. I've done nothing to earn 30 points since earlier this morning.

The math involved to get to my current balance is a mystery to me.

So yes, the system is a joke. But hey, now I can get this game I'll probably never play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Waffle! posted:

There's another Tetris 99 event starting on the 4th. Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury themed.

Thanks for mentioning this, I always get the impression my news feed is slow to update and I love these events because Tetris is great.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

External Organs posted:

I literally never thought to pull up the menu during a fight. Holy poo poo.

ye for real unlock the Faron tower ASAP because you can glide over to a cliff, kill a couple lizalfos, and collect a bunch of hearty durian (and some mighty bananas/thistle). Five cooked hearty durian is a full heal & 20 bonus hearts, possibly more. Can pause at any time in combat to overheal. It's broken

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

abelwingnut posted:

my kingdom for a xenogears port to switch.

and giving dude free reign to revive the series and go completely nuts with it.

I am still waiting for Wild Arms to make a comeback.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragequit posted:

Wild Arms rules. I just beat the first one like a week ago

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ragequit posted:

I started playing this last night on a drunken whim and hoo boy it is something else. Lots of acrobatic cowboy jumping and lassoing. Also I'm really bad at it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I started playing this last night on a drunken whim and hoo boy it is something else. Lots of acrobatic cowboy jumping and lassoing. Also I'm really bad at it.

Are you thinking of Wild Guns

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Are you thinking of Wild Guns

I prefer to think that he isn't, and has wildly misinterpreted what is going on in Wild Arms.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

I prefer to think that he isn't, and has wildly misinterpreted what is going on in Wild Arms.

There's definitely some cowboy stuff in Wild Arms but not like that

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah wait that's the one. Someone bring THAT back.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah wait that's the one. Someone bring THAT back.

They did!!!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wild-guns-reloaded-switch/

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

$20? I wanted to pay peanuts.

I'll probably still check it out.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Omnikin posted:

ye for real unlock the Faron tower ASAP because you can glide over to a cliff, kill a couple lizalfos, and collect a bunch of hearty durian (and some mighty bananas/thistle). Five cooked hearty durian is a full heal & 20 bonus hearts, possibly more. Can pause at any time in combat to overheal. It's broken

The temporary hearts also stack with a defense boost. It's how I brute forced every test of strength and Linel.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wild Arms rules. I just beat the first one like a week ago

I am glad there are others that enjoy the series out there. I have the intro song as my alarm every morning. It was a tough call between that and the overworld theme that's basically Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

How did you decide to fire up and beat a 25-year-old Playstation game? Or was this a replay?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Ragequit posted:

:swoon:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragequit posted:

I am glad there are others that enjoy the series out there. I have the intro song as my alarm every morning. It was a tough call between that and the overworld theme that's basically Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

How did you decide to fire up and beat a 25-year-old Playstation game? Or was this a replay?

I've been collecting PS1 and PS2 RPGs that I never beat when I was younger, I decided to play through Wild Arms first and it holds up really really well. Very charming and fantastic music. I think I'm gonna do Parasite Eve next.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've been collecting PS1 and PS2 RPGs that I never beat when I was younger, I decided to play through Wild Arms first and it holds up really really well. Very charming and fantastic music. I think I'm gonna do Parasite Eve next.

I played Parasite Eve for the first time when it was released as a Classic on PS3. I...was not very impressed. It had some neat systems and ideas, but they all felt half-implemented, like an indie game that had run out of funding. Also the story and writing were hot garbage.

People absolutely swear by it, and I would've liked to see a proper sequel to it, but the second one is mostly just an Resident Evil clone from what I understand. And they never made a third.

They didn't make a third game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That sounds like a :krad: time. Godspeed.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh man, Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huxley posted:

Oh man, Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Oh you better believe that's on the list. Here's my PS1/PS2 collection so far

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh hell yeah Threads of Fate

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Goddamn my dude, good luck on this endeavour, a number of excellent titles on that shelf. There are a number of older games I look at, thinking that if I had all the time in the world I'd love to try them out.

Chrono Cross is definitely one of those. Often tempted to pick it up and play it on my Vita one of these days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Oh hell yeah Threads of Fate

Just got that yesterday from SA-Mart... thinking that's up after Parasite Eve

Morpheus posted:

Goddamn my dude, good luck on this endeavour, a number of excellent titles on that shelf. There are a number of older games I look at, thinking that if I had all the time in the world I'd love to try them out.

Chrono Cross is definitely one of those. Often tempted to pick it up and play it on my Vita one of these days.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should just play Burnout 3 road rage mode for 80 straight hours instead.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Shadow Madness sequel when?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I play a shitload more old and sometimes terrible RPGs these days just because ODEs are a thing and redump sets are plenty. Wizardry on the Saturn? Sure let's do this.

Still speaking on controllers, is there any reason not to get the HORI wireless controller? I really like their fight sticks typically but I don't know anything about their pads.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I play a shitload more old and sometimes terrible RPGs these days just because ODEs are a thing and redump sets are plenty. Wizardry on the Saturn? Sure let's do this.

Still speaking on controllers, is there any reason not to get the HORI wireless controller? I really like their fight sticks typically but I don't know anything about their pads.

Not sure about the HORI controller but if you're looking for a pro controller alternative the 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus is fantastic and includes motion functionality.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The wireless horipad came out really early in the switch's life and it has a ton of problems. Huge dead zone on the sticks, mushy buttons, and, its worst sin, it charges with micro usb instead of usb-c

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Ragequit posted:

Same. This and Legend of Legaia. I remember there was a Legaia 2 but it wasn't quite as good as the original and I never beat it.

So I played my Switch docked last night for the first time ever and it was interesting. I played Link's Awakening handheld before and I decided to play it docked and the framerate drops were incredibly noticeable, whereas they hardly bothered me handheld. It's definitely not unplayable or anything but it is disappointing that it does that.

One question though. I played one level of Mario 3D World, and about 15 minutes of Link's Awakening, and when I took my Switch out to go to sleep it felt like I'd pulled it out of an oven. Is this normal? It doesn't get anywhere near that hot when I play it handheld, even if I play it for hours at a time.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I traded Goldeneye 64 to my friend for Parasite Eve 2. Look I needed something new to play.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Morpheus posted:

I'm just feeling slight horror at remembering the platforming puzzles in Wild Arms 3, there was some kind of appalling desert dungeon with really clunky JRPG platforming.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh you better believe that's on the list. Here's my PS1/PS2 collection so far

God I miss Burnout 3: Takedown

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

God I miss Burnout 3: Takedown

Is that the one with the crash destruction scenarios? Those owned.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Social Animal posted:

I traded Goldeneye 64 to my friend for Parasite Eve 2. Look I needed something new to play.

It really doesn't matter who owns the copy of goldeneye in the friend group

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So my wife who’s never really been into video games besides playing for 10 minutes once every couple months before losing interest, is absolutely in love with Animal Crossing, New Horizons.

So much so that I bought a ACNH special edition Switch for her birthday this year. My question is:
Is there a way for me to transfer over her island from my Switch to her new one? Or will she have to start from scratch?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
She can transfer her island to the new Switch but only if she's using your account for the Switch, which might be problematic if she wants to expand into more stuff eventually.

If you fully expect her just to use it as an Animal Crossing device then the transfer should work fine.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So my mom’s 60th birthday is coming up. And she loves video games, so I got her a Switch and Breath of the Wild. I just FaceTimed her while she opened it and her reaction was basically like those home videos of kids losing their mind opening a Christmas present.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is that the one with the crash destruction scenarios? Those owned.

Yep! Man, I need arcade racing to make a comeback. If I could get a new Burnout not in the style of Paradise or a new Split/Second, I'd be so happy.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mordiceius posted:

So my mom’s 60th birthday is coming up. And she loves video games, so I got her a Switch and Breath of the Wild. I just FaceTimed her while she opened it and her reaction was basically like those home videos of kids losing their mind opening a Christmas present.

loving fabulous. Have fun goon mom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

External Organs posted:

loving fabulous. Have fun goon mom!

She had a 360 and currently has a PS4. She recently played Immortals: Fenyx Rising, so I figured she had to play the game it was copying.

I wrapped the game and console separately and had her open the game first. Her jaw dropped as she realized what was happening.

“This can play that game with the animals too, right? I keep seeing trailers for that.”

It was the purest loving thing. Her reaction meant a lot to me too. She got me Nintendo consoles when I was a kid, and now I’m finally at a financial place where I can do the same for her.