Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
March 9: The final day to declare a franchise player, before 4:00 PM ET.

March 15 – 17: Teams can begin entering contract negotiations with players who will be unrestricted free agents. Qualifying offers to restricted free agents and offers to unrestricted free agents who the team wants to retain should also be made during this stretch. This is otherwise known as the “legal tampering period.”

March 17: At 4:00 PM ET, free agency officially begins, and teams may begin signing players or trading players who are still under contract. Additionally, all teams must be under the salary cap at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to start off the nfl thread for the month of march by discussing vishy anand and his title of chess grandmaster which he obtained at age 19. and that's all i got to say about that

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Per Jane Slater of NFL Network, Dak's camp is apparently asking for his new contract to pay him "just below Mahomes", probably north of $40 mil per.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dak-prescott-contract--patrick-mahomes-01ezsvwvmsgn

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Per Jane Slater of NFL Network, Dak's camp is apparently asking for his new contract to pay him "just below Mahomes", probably north of $40 mil per.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dak-prescott-contract--patrick-mahomes-01ezsvwvmsgn

LOL that the Cowboys could have had him for $35m per if they'd just cut a cheque reasonably early.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'd like to start off the nfl thread for the month of march by discussing vishy anand and his title of chess grandmaster which he obtained at age 19. and that's all i got to say about that

Why not the NHL?

Dolfans how many losses was it before Dan Campbell's gimmick wore thin?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. Make them pay out the rear end.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. Make them pay out the rear end.

I'm guessing they tag him again and kick the can down the road and then a worse QB gets $40m per and lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Good. He literally has all the leverage and it’d be a shame if he just gave that back the Cowboys after them dragging their feet for 2 years.

Worst case for him he plays for 1 year and cashing on the FA market.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In which Dak goes to Philly or Washington and wins a championship.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

sean10mm posted:

I'm guessing they tag him again and kick the can down the road and then a worse QB gets $40m per and lol

didn’t the Cowboys reject 35m apy last offseason

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Good. He literally has all the leverage and it’d be a shame if he just gave that back the Cowboys after them dragging their feet for 2 years.

Worst case for him he plays for 1 year and cashing on the FA market.

Yeah seriously, the Cowboys lost so much in not hammering out this deal last year. The ball is completely in Dak's court and he should soak them for all he can.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Lamar is due soon, at the risk of starting QB Rankings chat again

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why not the NHL?

Honestly, it never wore thin because it always had an expiration date. We knew he was never going to be the long term guy, so the Oklahoma drills were fun, and the long term consequences of him being old school were less than the consequences of persisting with Philbin

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

He can make it a huge headache by just saying that he'll snap sign a Franchise tag immediately,
They'd have to redo / cut players to free up about ~$18m in contracts to even franchise tag him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dan Campbell rules and is going to be the best head coaching hire of this offseason. All the nerdlingers ranking him as the worst hire for their offseason ranked listicles have zero clue what they're talking about and zero experience playing sports.

I am unafraid to be quoted if I'm wrong, because I won't be.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cavauro posted:

He is real good but my god he got bodied by Magnus Carlson.

Two wins as black is pretty good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sharknado slashfic posted:

his what now?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

He can make it a huge headache by just saying that he'll snap sign a Franchise tag immediately,
They'd have to redo / cut players to free up about ~$18m in contracts to even franchise tag him.

Yeah they have like $19m in space before Dak is paid anything lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It would be funny if Campbells gimmick turns out to be he goes to horrible teams to be a stopgap until the team can rebuild and get a good coach.

The Fitzpatrick of coaches

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would be funny if Campbells gimmick turns out to be he goes to horrible teams to be a stopgap until the team can rebuild and get a good coach.

The Fitzpatrick of coaches

Yeah, the Dolphins certainly improved by replacing him with... Adam Gase. :stare:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, the Dolphins certainly improved by replacing him with... Adam Gase. :stare:

A lot of teams didn’t replace Fitz with good QBs but they still tried

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Have they said what they’re doing with the set up for the draft yet?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The NFL doesn't do planning.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1366850074454749184?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Paint Crop Pro posted:

He is real good but my god he got bodied by Magnus Carlson.

Two wins as black is pretty good.

he's A fucker

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bill's doggo will bark the picks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chandler Jones owns so good for him.

https://twitter.com/CardsChattter/status/1366851916701921281

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Just LOL at paying Dak that kind of money.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Tal is the only good chess player

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Queen’s Gambit is a good miniseries and I know practically nothing about chess.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just watch this dude's videos every now and then and you'll not be any better at chess, but it's fun to hear about famous matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90SVhxKeig

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That’s....not a good logo, Brian.

https://twitter.com/onesleevenation/status/1366569342444265472?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gonz posted:

The Queen’s Gambit is a good miniseries and I know practically nothing about chess.

Magnus really liked it and so did most big chess players.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Give me the Spiderman logo but put my initials in it."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gonz posted:

It was entertaining as hell and I screamed out loud like a girl when she took a giant bite of those benzos

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Magnus really liked it and so did most big chess players.

I will say its one of the few shows I have ever seen where the games actually make sense.

Most times if you pause a game in media the people just threw pieces vaguely where they would go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit* this isn't the chat thread....

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 3, 2021

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I will say its one of the few shows I have ever seen where the games actually make sense.

Most times if you pause a game in media the people just threw pieces vaguely where they would go.

from the screenshots I've seen that's exactly what they did

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmao at NFL contracts where Kyle Van Noy can sign a 4 year deal and get cut with basically zero downside after 1 year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Hughmoris posted:

Just LOL at paying Dak that kind of money.

He's staring down a tag for the second year in a row. He might as well ask for the moon now. Him playing out this year tagged almost certainly will lead him to a mega contract in free agency next year wherever he wants to go.