Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
If they want another team member there are plenty of idle characters from the arrowverse to choose from. They could get Ragman for instance. Or Mister Terrific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

If they want another team member there are plenty of idle characters from the arrowverse to choose from. They could get Ragman for instance. Or Mister Terrific.

Mr. Terrific would of a been an amazing replacement for Ray Palmer. It seems like Echo Kellum wants to move on though.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Tiggum posted:

In the Supernatural universe there are a series of books (written by God) describing the first few seasons of the show. So it's plausible that those books got made into a TV show.

Except that Supernatural is finishing this season. The bit where the Legends found the car was obviously the closest we're ever going to get.

It's the Legends. Make up some technobabble about how they're really monster hunters, and the best way they could find to both fund it and keep out of trouble was to make a TV show out of it. Crazier poo poo has happened and I see no reason this wouldn't work on Legends.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

seaborgium posted:

It's the Legends. Make up some technobabble about how they're really monster hunters, and the best way they could find to both fund it and keep out of trouble was to make a TV show out of it. Crazier poo poo has happened and I see no reason this wouldn't work on Legends.

Didn't the first episode of the season have the Legends do exactly that? Pretend it's all a fake so they could do it for real?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Lord Bude posted:

Too late. They’ve already established that supernatural is a TV show in the Arrowverse.

And that Sara is a huge Jensen Ackles fan, so Ralph puts on a Jensen Ackles face to ingratiate himself to his new captain. Have constant “Hey, aren’t you that guy from Supernatural?” gags.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I don't care how we do it, we're adding Jane the Virgin to the Arrowverse.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rebecca Bunch new Batwoman

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Crisis on Infinite Lucy Hales.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Crowley on the Legends gently caress everyone else

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

WhyteRyce posted:

Long as it switches to musicals I'm all in for that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Long as it switches to musicals I'm all in for that.

Luke: lets go put on the suit
Rebecca: it's the sexy getting ready song

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

IIII WAAASS training hard in the frozen north
Tried to join my dad's police crew
Turns out Dad wouldn't hire me
But I found a secret entrance to

Batman's Batcave in Wayne Tower
(By the way I'm really queer)
There happens to be a spare Batsuit
Guess that's now why I'm heeere!

e: oh yeah, not Kate

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 11, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

SardonicTyrant posted:

I don't care how we do it, we're adding Jane the Virgin to the Arrowverse.

Rogelio and Michael are the perfect new bro team to put on the Legends, although Rogelio might be a bit too redundant with Zari 2 around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oh jay posted:

Crisis on Infinite Lucy Hales.

Ew. No thank you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Argue posted:

Good news, there was an episode where Sam and Dean find themselves in the bodies of their actors in a world where Supernatural is a TV show... so a crossover is totally not out of the question and is 100% going to happen.
In fact it bears the reasoning that the world Sam and Dean were sent to was in fact the Arrowverse Earth and Supernatural is in the Multiverse.

So basically we need to get the Supernatural cast back together to film a quick scene of their universe being eaten by Crisis we can retroactively add in. Call them. They'll probably do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They didn't actually finish filming the final season so they could always add something in when they come back.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Xelkelvos posted:

I mean, Supernatural is off the air so...

Barry and Cisco turn on the artificial speedforce and Castiel falls out.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

8one6 posted:

Barry and Cisco turn on the artificial speedforce and Castiel falls out.

I'd accept Castiel too but only like s1 cas where he's pretentious about being an angel but also super ignorant of how Earth works.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So Katee Sackhoff talked to io9 recently for a retrospective of her career thus far and she dropped some really funny insights into Amunet Black.

quote:

io9: Switching gears, let’s talk about your role as Amunet Black on The Flash. How much fun did you have playing such an oversized villain, and what inspired your portrayal of her, including her accent?

Sackhoff: Hands-down, it’s the most fun job I’ve ever had in my career. When the role first came around, I had a serious talk with the showrunner at the time. I was like, “Listen, I don’t want to just come in there and play Katee. That’s not fun for me.” We were really trying to squeeze it into some time that I had available, but I was also very busy in my private life. So it was sort of, “What can we do to make this character so desirable that it works for what I want to do?” I had literally just put myself on tape for the producers of a movie and I had to do a British accent. But like, a real British accent. [Laughs.] I had so much fun doing it that I thought to myself, “You know, it would be really fun to be able to do that. I don’t know where I’m ever gonna be able to do that again.”

We see a lot of British people play Americans, but we never really see Americans go the other direction. They do, occasionally, but not a lot. And there’s also—so many American actors know that when a British person is doing an American accent, you can still tell they’re British, because they pick an accent that’s so generic. And so [laughs], this is sort of me making fun of that, that like I had no idea what the accent was. She’s not from anyplace specific. The accent’s not supposed to be real. It’s supposed to be so over the top and campy that you know she’s coming even if you don’t see her face, and that’s who I wanted her to be.

That was how I sort of pitched it to them: I want her voice to be so recognizable that even if you hate her, you know it’s her. There was no one like that on The Flash, and so they really just let me run with it. It was so much fun. Someone was like, “So why did you want to play an accent that has no actual region?” Like, you can’t really place it. And I said, “Because she’s from Clearwater, Florida. She’s not British! She’s crazy!”

That’s the whole point; it’s not supposed to be a real accent. It’s her pretending to be British because she was made a supervillain, and she went, “Hmm, who do I want to be today? You know what, I’ll be British! That sounds fun! That’s pretty arch! Let’s do that.” They really let me lean into that, and I love it when people say they hate the accent. I think it’s hysterical because they’re supposed to. They’re supposed to love it or hate it. It doesn’t matter, because she is a good time and I think that’s all she was ever supposed to be.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It was completely over the top and wonderful and they should've had camp madness like that happening more and less blooblooing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Katee continues to be the superior Starbuck.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Katee continues to be the superior Starbuck.

Well when your only two choices are her and Dirk Benedict :thunk:... :v:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I hope she continues to show up once or twice a season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I hope she continues to show up once or twice a season.

I really hope they follow through on that whole Actually Florida Woman backstory for her and we get one scene where in a moment of panic or frustration she just drops the accent. It'll be the funniest thing ever.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Trailer for season 7 made by cool people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e43b-f_Vg9I

Also, Katee Sackhoff is the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We get everybody back... not so fast Ralph.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I assume that was cut together from the leftovers of season 6.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Mirror Iris broke apart into pieces last season, LITERALLY! How could she still be around!?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vietnamwees posted:

I thought Mirror Iris broke apart into pieces last season, LITERALLY! How could she still be around!?

Well that's also real Iris and they say she's going crazy DID YOU EVEN PAY ATTENTION

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, Grant was just recently posting on social media about how they're just about to get back to filming.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

We get everybody back... not so fast Ralph.

god I hope they just recast him and don't just send him away offscreen.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Rhyno posted:

About 85% of the next episode was shot before production shut down. So it’s largely pulled from that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So Ralph is getting recast for Season 7, and the IMMEDIATELY fired into the sun because the character is now kinda tainted irreparably from the sound of it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

So Ralph is getting recast for Season 7, and the IMMEDIATELY fired into the sun because the character is now kinda tainted irreparably from the sound of it.

That's dumb.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Man I don't remember the last time I've experienced such mood whiplash reading one sentence

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ApeHawk posted:

That's dumb.

I think it'll be a little awkward, but mostly fine. Have, oh let's say, Cavanaugh wrap up Ralph's story from last season then put him on the shelf for a while. If they want to bring the character back down the road they can permanently recast him. And they probably will because it sounds like Sue will be sticking around for a little while too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
No new flash thread for the season, so I'll post it in here.

Glad to see their giving Top a bit of a spin up in her powers

Also Orson Wells

Edit: Grant Gustin as Sherloque Wells

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 3, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay Barry Wells is hilarious

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Okay Barry Wells is hilarious

Idgaf about the other plots at this point, just make this the whole episode

Edit: boo. Another barry might die if this isn't fixed thing

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cecile that is not what a defense attorney does.