Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

I feel like more people being social again irl would trigger more facebook use not less

people being social means more dead boomers from covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

RKT may be the new GME

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

RKT may be the new GME

Do you mean rkte?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

RKT may be the new GME

get (w)RKT

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
it appears DeSantis already opened 'er up back in September, but he'll announce it again tomorrow anyway because he's that big of an rear end in a top hat

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

I feel like more people being social again irl would trigger more facebook use not less

i don’t think healthy social interactions are what the facebook model is based on though

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/cgtnamerica/status/1366870937530892288

the flexing goes on lmao

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gary49148971/status/1366872367197163524?s=19

*CLICK*

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

anime was right posted:

do it i dont loving care anymore

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

stimmy

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
jesus christ I just noticed that zoom is worth 100 billion. Thats just half of Salesforce's cap. Theyre embedded into a shitload of companies and the product is sticky. Changing videoconferencing apps is trivially easy. Oh yeah and Zoom trades at liked 70x forward sales lmao

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

jesus christ I just noticed that zoom is worth 100 billion. Thats just half of Salesforce's cap. Theyre embedded into a shitload of companies and the product is sticky. Changing videoconferencing apps is trivially easy. Oh yeah and Zoom trades at liked 70x forward sales lmao

"sticky" means it cannot be trivially switched away from

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah I was saying Salesforce's product is sticky, my wording was poor

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Zoom is a buy with a lot of stock pickers because.... ?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
their sales went up bigly during the pandemic and it's brand value is def higher, but the already high valuation just went up an insane amount

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

their sales went up bigly during the pandemic and it's brand value is def higher, but the already high valuation just went up an insane amount

that's most tech stocks tho

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I mean most are overvalued but there are some truly insanely priced ones. Zoom's price is psychotic

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1366920514367754241

look, you can't just BUILD a LIBRARY

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This is the future, everything will be rented from your housing to your entertainment to your education and the capital class is working their asses off to make sure we're ready for it.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

i have a feeling that rkt will probably not rocket to the moon and tomorrow when everyone realizes it's a bullshit meme stock people are trying to pump there's gonna be a lot of people who lose a boat load of cash much faster than GME

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

sick of china's edging

just liberate me already comrade xi

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

human garbage bag posted:

Who gets to decide what things bring practical social gain?

:thunk:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is the future, everything will be rented from your housing to your entertainment to your education and the capital class is working their asses off to make sure we're ready for it.

quote:

Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

Remember when it was communists who wanted to abolish private property?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bedpan posted:

Remember when it was communists who wanted to abolish private property?

that property will still be privately owned, just not by their users.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah that form of non ownership has been an American classic for 50 years. Rent to own means never actually owning anything

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Edit: nvm

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

lol that hurt so badly to read that i had to stop after something about renting pasta bowls. how can someone so dumb write so many words in a row.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

oxsnard posted:

Changing videoconferencing apps is trivially easy

i don't know. i'm not quite sure you understand the level of competence the average adult shows wrt computers or the tendency of large organizations to not change a single loving thing unless absolutely obligated to

i mean, i'm kind of half-joking about that, but the more i think about it the less i'm sure it's a joke

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ microsoft dropping the ball so hard with skype despite it being almost everywhere

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

enourmously stupid article lol. like a kilgore trout story

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

lol @ microsoft dropping the ball so hard with skype despite it being almost everywhere

also lmao that massive corporations become totally unable to perform their basic functions through management bloat and MBA-itis

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ms teams had a pretty good year though afaik

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah between Skype sucking forever and Zoom having terrible hardware support I'm actually going to say Teams has been the conferencing app that's worked real well

I also liked WebEx, but haven't used it since early 2020

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nice and hot piss posted:

i have a feeling that rkt will probably not rocket to the moon and tomorrow when everyone realizes it's a bullshit meme stock people are trying to pump there's gonna be a lot of people who lose a boat load of cash much faster than GME

rkt's pe ratio is actually around 12 right now, after the pump, so from a financial perspective it has a good business model and its stock price is actually under valued right now compared to a ton of other companies.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zoom's strength is that you click a button and you're good to go. Anything involving a lot of, or even ANY, hardware integration is like a dumpster on wheels parked at the top of a steep hill. Teams is mess, it's a waste

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

everybody just uses their phone thus zoom is the only way forward, sorry dont make the rules

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nonsense posted:

everybody just uses their phone thus zoom is the only way forward, sorry dont make the rules

if Zoom is the best phone app for it that points to a deeply hosed up mobile ecosystem because the phone app is quite terrible. May be better on an iPad but probably only just

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ms teams will use every single byte of ram available and then never release it until you reboot the computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oxsnard posted:

ms teams will use every single byte of ram available and then never release it until you reboot the computer

it's also a huge fan of randomly annihilating my microphone inputs so thoroughly that I have to remove the device from the computer and reconnect it