Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate Paul anderson after the stunt woman thing. That’s straight up some John landis poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Millard Jovovich should be in all video game adaptations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Millard jovovitch

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Someone post that LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS cartoon but with "zombies" in the word balloons.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I hate Paul anderson after the stunt woman thing. That’s straight up some John landis poo poo.

Did he have anything to do with it? I thought the crane operator hosed up on a camera move on like the third take? Was he even on set for second unit stunt stuff?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Well, whatever you do, don't be this guy. :nws: for Hollywood stunt gone wrong

(for those who don't want to click, it's from Michael Bay's latest and you see someone get run over by an ambulance)

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Vince MechMahon posted:

Did he have anything to do with it? I thought the crane operator hosed up on a camera move on like the third take? Was he even on set for second unit stunt stuff?

Yeah, he was. The injury happened because he had told the crane op to move later than they had rehearsed – and this was less publicized, but a crew member died a few months later on the production due to a different on-set accident, which seems to indicate nobody learned anything.

You can find this info if you search for it, because I don't want to link directly to it due to somewhat gory details.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Almost Blue posted:

Yeah, he was. The injury happened because he had told the crane op to move later than they had rehearsed – and this was less publicized, but a crew member died a few months later on the production due to a different on-set accident, which seems to indicate nobody learned anything.

You can find this info if you search for it, because I don't want to link directly to it due to somewhat gory details.

Well poo poo. That sucks.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

What's this about?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

VoodooXT posted:

Well, whatever you do, don't be this guy. :nws: for Hollywood stunt gone wrong

(for those who don't want to click, it's from Michael Bay's latest and you see someone get run over by an ambulance)

Nobody was run over. He even states in that post that no one was injured and it looks a lot worse than it actually was.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

CPL593H posted:

What's this about?

Assuming he's referring to Olivia Jackson, Milla's stunt double on RE The Final Chapter. Had a motorcycle accident that resulted in her arm amputated and was in a coma with brain swelling and such. She had to sue because she received so little money for her medical bills.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nobody was run over. He even states in that post that no one was injured and it looks a lot worse than it actually was.

Not gonna trust Michael Bay, who's carelessness has cost the life of at least one stuntperson and injured countless others, saying "everything's fine" honestly.

https://twitter.com/CalvinStarnesOG/status/1364742901998084098?s=20

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

RevKrule posted:

Not gonna trust Michael Bay, who's carelessness has cost the life of at least one stuntperson and injured countless others, saying "everything's fine" honestly.

https://twitter.com/CalvinStarnesOG/status/1364742901998084098?s=20

The people running out of the way look like they were running out of the way in the scene as well.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

Lol, did you even watch the video? A guy clearly gets run over by the ambulance.

In any case, I work in the film industry here in LA and no way was that even done safely. Crew shouldn’t have even been that close to the action in the first place and there were no barriers in place. At least from the film groups I’m in, all film workers are in an uproar over this.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

VoodooXT posted:

Lol, did you even watch the video? A guy clearly gets run over by the ambulance.

I've watched it ten times now in fullscreen and I don't see anyone hit by the ambulance. I see two guys dressed as cops running away from it, but they make it to safety.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

Spatulater bro! posted:

I've watched it ten times now in fullscreen and I don't see anyone hit by the ambulance. I see two guys dressed as cops running away from it, but they make it to safety.

Same. Maybe somebody gets knocked into the dolly right at the end? But I would hardly call that “NSFW guy gets ran over by ambulance”. But I also won’t defend Michael Bay here - it definitely looks like it got out of control and could have gone bad very quickly.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Michael Bay has a strong financial incentive to say that poo poo was normal

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Heck yes

https://twitter.com/klstudioclassic/status/1365010818786594821?s=21

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
The dude (an extra playing a cop) gets run over by the ambulance right before it runs into the dolly and right after the extra narrowly avoids the spinning squad car.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Okay now I see it. I was watching it on my phone before. The video on twitter makes it a lot more apparent.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:emptyquote:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Put it in me. Put it all the way in me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Put it in me. Put it all the way in me.

I don't think you can play Blurays, you'd be better off putting it in a machine designed for that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I Before E posted:

I don't think you can play Blurays, you'd be better off putting it in a machine designed for that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

Anything is possible if you believe.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

Anything is possible if you believe.

Pioneers don't become pioneers by posting, coward

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have 12 monkeys and I feel like I bought it recently... :confused:

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm assuming that's just a Steelbook re-release of the existing edition.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That cover art on the regular edition (shown to the left of the steelbook) looks different from the version I’ve got. I’ll check my Blu-ray.com collection.

Edit— this is what I have: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/12-Monkeys-Blu-ray/211467/
Hopefully this is just a re-release of that version with new art, and not some kind of “improved” edition?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My copy of 12 Monkeys is old enough to drive, I really need an upgrade.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Iron Crowned posted:

My copy of 12 Monkeys is old enough to drive, I really need an upgrade.

Mine's old enough to drink.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

That cover art on the regular edition (shown to the left of the steelbook)

Pretty sure that's a slipcase for the steelbook.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The US 4K for The Prestige is back!? When did his happen? Just saw it was on sale via Blu-Ray.com and ordered it from Best Buy. I remember it went OOP in the US right away for rights stuff. Ugh. Awesome!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Also, Django UHD w/ Texas, Adios pre-order is up on BestBuy.com. This is a blind buy, but my buddy says it's one of the best spaghetti westerns he had ever seen when it came around our neck of the woods a couple years back. I'm doubly pumped because I missed the original Blu-Ray, and I expect Arrow is gonna do some good work here.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also, Django UHD w/ Texas, Adios pre-order is up on BestBuy.com. This is a blind buy, but my buddy says it's one of the best spaghetti westerns he had ever seen when it came around our neck of the woods a couple years back. I'm doubly pumped because I missed the original Blu-Ray, and I expect Arrow is gonna do some good work here.

It's definitely good. I wish I hadn't FOMO'ed hard on getting the initial Blu Ray when Blue Underground had their lawsuit, I would have loved a 4K.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I finally got a UHD player (well, PS5), what are some really good looking releases that will show off the higher quality?

I already have a couple of UHD discs - Fury Road came with a blu-ray box set, and I have a couple of Vinegar Syndrome titles... actually might just start with Tammy and the T-Rex.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

The Shining x100

While you lack DV (not a huge loss IMO), the HDR in Annihilation is gorgeous.

Native 4K is where it shines, especially movies shot on film. Pretty much every Kubrick so far has been amazing, but The Shining is the tops so far.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boywhiz88 posted:

The Shining x100

While you lack DV (not a huge loss IMO), the HDR in Annihilation is gorgeous.

Native 4K is where it shines, especially movies shot on film. Pretty much every Kubrick so far has been amazing, but The Shining is the tops so far.

Definitely do the Shining after Tammy and the T-Rex.

My UHD of Sex World got delivered today, I'll report back on that at some point, when I have a moment alone to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

gey muckle mowser posted:

I finally got a UHD player (well, PS5), what are some really good looking releases that will show off the higher quality?
I just finally got around to the John Wick trilogy and goddamn, they know how to use neon and reflective surfaces in those movies.