Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

good xfin race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Pretty cool for Ty Gibbs, I saw him win at Gateway in the ARCA series. Too bad for Dinger though, I feel like maybe both he and Cindric weren't giving any ground to each other and he just happened to come out worse.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was going to suggest that McDowell could conceivably win his way into the second round of the chase if the Roval were in the first round, but it's not.

Had that been the case, he also conceivably could have been a threat at Talladega, which could have propelled him into the third round.

Now I'm bummed that chaos won't reign.

I'm sure he can wreck his way through the playoffs and get some wins!

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMdNo1LX34A

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Now that Derrike Cope has officially retired I have about 69 autographed Cope things for sale, no lowballers!

My dad was in auto parts sales in the late 80s/early 90s and Purolator was one of his big accounts

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Shrapnig posted:

Now that Derrike Cope has officially retired I have about 69 autographed Cope things for sale, no lowballers!

My dad was in auto parts sales in the late 80s/early 90s and Purolator was one of his big accounts

eBay is a good place to sell absolutely worthless garbage

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CactusWeasle posted:

eBay is a good place to sell absolutely worthless garbage

Woah, really?

*starts printing out all of my posts*

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Reynold posted:

Pretty cool for Ty Gibbs, I saw him win at Gateway in the ARCA series. Too bad for Dinger though, I feel like maybe both he and Cindric weren't giving any ground to each other and he just happened to come out worse.

Yeah Almendinger was driving pretty aggressively but I thought Cindric could have given him the spot there. Why take the chance of taking both cars out 15 laps into the race? He got pretty lucky that the damage he got didn't really affect his car, or that he didn't tear that wheel off while he was body slamming his way through the field on the last couple restarts. He was definitely using the 8 tires turn better than 4 at the end there. Good for Gibbs being able to keep cool enough to get the win especially the way he roasted the tires on one of those restarts his inexperience was showing a lot right there but he was able to recompose and get it done. I guess it also helps he had the only car in the field that driving through the grass didn't rip the front end off the car.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

did clint bowyer really spin jeff gordon out in a rental car??

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Already hilarious/a clusterfuck.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that caution was interminable

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Elitist Bitch posted:

The runner up for the subtitle was "Hard Rs earn Hendrick cars" but we figured that might cross some lines.

lmao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving awesome drive by bell

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Seeing Kyle Larson slamming the wall reminded me of a time I saw Cale Gale (former truck series driver for Harvick) confront another late model driver at Mobile International in the pits and ask him "why did you n***r up my buddy in turn 3". Like, I haven't thought about that in years but I was 100% sure wherever he was watching this race he was saying it again

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems the Daytona RC being the 2nd race of the season let some new drivers step up and shine...

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I would love a season full of weird, unexpected race winners instead of just the one or two we usually get.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Make the road course the Chase cutoff race.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah I'm pretty happy with every outcome this weekend, it's not too often all three series have a good weekend at once. Daytona road course is dope.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Someone new to NASCAR is very happy. I like this guys' enthusiasm.

British Guy REACTS to NASCAR - Radioactive: Daytona Road Course *Fantastic Race!*

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

chamois posted:

did clint bowyer really spin jeff gordon out in a rental car??

The first rule of racing is to believe every story involving racing drivers and rental cars. Or racing teams and rental cars. This goes double for Bobby Unser.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Looks like Santino banged into the wall a couple times too many. RIP.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

homestead is the most vaporwave track on the circuit

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
Michael McDowell sitting 4th in points with a win and three top 10's is the start we all expected

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That kind of sucked.

Nuke the intermediates.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i thought that race was quite good

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
The race was actually pretty decent. The commentary with forced nonsense and gambling poo poo needs to go. Xfinity booths have been fine, maybe even good? But the DW replacement character of Bowyer alongside Gordon's "I will say and talk about whatever the voice in my ear tells me to" is just so old, tired, and apparent it's a complete distraction from the race. Drivers in the booth should be great to listen to as drivers, it worked for years (BP, Ned, Buddy Baker, even Darrell wasn't that bad before he turned into DW). But for whatever reason, even though that's been working pretty well for Xfinity, they've decided they need to make it a reality show style production for Sundays and everyone who has to listen to it is just dumber for it. Ned or BP alone could keep a broadcast interesting even with nothing happening on track, but they tried to make the race the actual show, with them adding on top of it, now the production is the priority and the race is just something occurring in the background while they do a Larry, Moe, and Curly in the booth to bounce from crafted storyline to crafted storyline.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Was a pretty decent race I thought. Homestead is a decent track due to the tire wear and multiple grooves and poo poo.

Bowyer and Gordon are good when they are talking about the cars and racing and their past experience. Unfortunately that's only for a few minutes a race. Bowyer was in this junk car last year, so hearing him go into semi-serious mode explaining things about the car and how it reacts to hitting the apron etc is really good, except its like 90 seconds over 4 hours.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah Fox is clearly telling Bower to ham it up so he can replace DW's hillbilly marionette shtick and it's tired 3 races in. Just let him be him.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
It was a pretty good race I think. It still surprises me that forever now we all know the day to night races are all about keeping up with the adjustments and teams like the #2 and #22 just didn't do it. They, along with Buscher, dominated while the sun was out and then just faded into also rans. I think maybe the #5 and the #19 were the only guys who were consistently in the top 5 contending? The #24, #88 and #4 were all kinda hanging around the top 10 but not really contending at the front until the #24 got up there late.

I also like having Bowyer in the booth but could do without the, hayuck I dag gone tell you what boys, poo poo. It is always interesting having a current driver, or somebody only a few years removed in the booth because they can actually relate to what is going on, especially from last year to this year being able to talk about what it is like turning your first lap of the weekend while taking the green for lap 1 of the race. Oh and on that note, would it really be the end of the world to give these teams like a 1hr practice even at like 9am on raceday? If they aren't racing until 3pm why not give them a 1hr morning happy hour and then they would have at least some idea of what their car was going to do and still have like 5hrs to make adjustments, or change a transmission or something if they realize after 10 laps something is horribly wrong.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

It legit makes no sense that they can have an entire race but not so much as a hot lap beforehand.

it seems like for a lot of organizations, sports and otherwise, covid protocols basically just amount to doing something in a weird and inconvenient way, like wiping down an entire plane with lysol wipes even though people get covid from breathing the air

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Race takes like 4 hours, Practice (even Happy Hour) takes hours and hours of work, as does Qualifying. Limiting the time teams are piled up on top of each other in a pandemic is good, actually. Kinda wish they didn't race at all or do it over the internet but MAMMON DESIRES

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mike Joy woke up on the dropping bombs side of the bed today

https://twitter.com/mikejoy500/status/1367171463606923266

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Austin Dillon parked in his spot

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Who give a gently caress what Mike Joy thinks? Self important commentators blow.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Apparently Twitter thinks it was aimed at Noah Gragson, and I cannot for the life of me think of one single fact about Gragson beyond "comes from Vegas"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

big nipples big life posted:

but then where will chase drive

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

iwentdoodie posted:

but then where will chase drive

To the jerk store. He heard they were running out of you!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

big nipples big life posted:

ok but what happens when the cup field is 11 guys?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

GD_American posted:

Apparently Twitter thinks it was aimed at Noah Gragson, and I cannot for the life of me think of one single fact about Gragson beyond "comes from Vegas"

Gragson wrecked while leading the Xfinity race because David Starr had a tire going down in front of him and he's been bitching about it on TV, radio, and Twitter ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

mearn posted:

Gragson wrecked while leading the Xfinity race because David Starr had a tire going down in front of him and he's been bitching about it on TV, radio, and Twitter ever since.

He called Starr a “dipshit” in his post care center interview too. It was the most iracing thing I’ve seen on tv.