Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Get his rear end!

we have caught and compromised to a permanent end spaceflower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

There was a brief time when I thought about getting into speedrunning RAD, but the record at the time was something like six hours and it would have meant skipping all the dialogue like some kind of monster.

RAD seems like a really bad speedrun game unless there's some weird glitch that teleports you to the final boss.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i like rad but it's a game that could stand to be like five hours shorter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNvZ7ON9zSQ

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

props to the trashy sex dungeon anime having a good ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btZuFGBE-0Q

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helter Skelter posted:

There was a brief time when I thought about getting into speedrunning RAD, but the record at the time was something like six hours and it would have meant skipping all the dialogue like some kind of monster.

robot alchemic driver or something else? I wanted to try that game but never did.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Acerbatus posted:

robot alchemic driver or something else? I wanted to try that game but never did.

it's fun if you can accept that they didn't have time to make a ton of unique fights so you kinda end up fighting the same three enemies for half the game. the core gameplay's unique enough that it can support itself even when it kinda starts getting too repetitive

one thing that's funny about the game is that they barely change the dialog for the three protags and since two of them are dudes, that means yui just. still gets tons of really awkward moments of romantic tension with ellen and nanao. and the ending basically writes her and nanao as hooking up as a couple.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i just started watching Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 2 and while i have no how the actual movie will shake out, the way the integrate the old and new footage is pretty drat slick.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fire Emblem.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i tried replaying rad last year and i was very sad to realize that i no longer enjoyed it at all. it used to be one of my favorites, too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i tried replaying rad last year and i was very sad to realize that i no longer enjoyed it at all. it used to be one of my favorites, too.

Robot Alchemic Drive? Always wanted to try that game after doing the demo.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Robot Alchemic Drive? Always wanted to try that game after doing the demo.

It's a lot of fun, the one major problem it has is, as the colonel noted, a severe lack of enemy variety.

Also play it undubbed, the english dub is funny for 10 minutes and then quickly becomes unbearable.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The dub is good all the way through, actually.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A shame that a game that can be abbreviated as "RAD" is not as rad as it could really be. :sigh:

Shin Megami Tensei.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wark Say posted:

A shame that a game that can be abbreviated as "RAD" is not as rad as it could really be. :sigh:

At least it's better than the more recent "RAD" game that I see on Steam constantly and sigh about

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
There's also Remote Control Dandy for the PSX and Chōsōjū Mecha MG for the DS, both made by the same company (Sandlot). There are fan translations available as well.

Finally, they also made a Tetsujin-28 PS2 game, and the Earth Defense Force games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

i mean it's as good as a game as they could make within their resources and if you play remote control dandy it's easy to see how many things about it actually are huge improvements off their previous attempt

Willo567 posted:

There's also Remote Control Dandy for the PSX and Chōsōjū Mecha MG for the DS, both made by the same company (Sandlot). There are fan translations available as well.

Finally, they also made a Tetsujin-28 PS2 game, and the Earth Defense Force games

you mention all these and skip over remote control dandy sf?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The Colonel posted:

you mention all these and skip over remote control dandy sf?

poo poo, thanks for reminding me.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 3, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

custom robo is an extremely different thing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

homeless snail posted:

custom robo is an extremely different thing

i was just listing what titles they worked on.

earth defense force is also extremely different, aside from the huge robots in the later games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they did not work on custom robo. custom robo was noise inc.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The Colonel posted:

they did not work on custom robo. custom robo was noise inc.

i am an idiot

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i worked on custom robo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Aurora posted:

i worked on custom robo

when's the next game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey all, there was a shooting in the mall I work at, I'm in the parking lot and I'm okay

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey all, there was a shooting in the mall I work at, I'm in the parking lot and I'm okay

poo poo, i'm sorry to hear that. i hope no one was hurt or killed

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't know why, but the future depicted in '80s and early '90s sci-fi anime like Dirty Pair and Space Adventure Cobra and Captain Tylor where it's always night and everything is glowing screens and neon colors (but not in the drat black-white-magenta-cyan CGA graphics palate all the modern "retro" poo poo uses) is my absolute favorite.

Yeah it's rad.

Akudama Drive is like that with an Osaka theme if you haven't seen it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Where was this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Columbus, Ohio. Polaris.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Columbus, Ohio. Polaris.

is everyone all right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they haven't found a shooter or a victim. Seems like it was two people beefing and one shot into the air.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Waffleman_ posted:

Glad to hear.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that's really scary, glad you're ok

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, they haven't found a shooter or a victim. Seems like it was two people beefing and one shot into the air.

I'm glad to here that you and everyone else is safe

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Thanks for checking in, and stay safe!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I hope you're feeling okay Waffleman. That kind of thing can be really traumatic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ha, I'm fine. I'm mostly cold and hungry sitting outside.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A big bear hug for you, buddy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Glad you're okay Waffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Willo567 posted:

earth defense force is also extremely different, aside from the huge robots in the later games

Balam in EDF5 was close enough to RAD that it made me sad that it wasn't closer.