Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please then source your information about Cornette being offered a deal with AEW that is not from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I thought he made an overture to The Bucks and they told him to gently caress off.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jim Cornette shoot worked himself into a shoot.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TV Zombie posted:

Please then source your information about Cornette being offered a deal with AEW that is not from him.

He's credible, so his word on this matter holds more water than you weirdos that are so are so appalled and angry at his continual truth bombs about your favorite bad "wrestling" promotion.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

despite all my rage i still enjoy big brian cage

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
James E. "Jim Credible" Cornetto, the most legit voice in pro wrestling, backed up by his years of success in [scene missing] here to drop truth bombs from the scaffold of common sense.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

80s James Hetfield posted:

He's credible, so his word on this matter holds more water than you weirdos that are so are so appalled and angry at his continual truth bombs about your favorite bad "wrestling" promotion.

This is the worst

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

somebody here used to accuse me of pretending to like powerrr and like... you're playing 3D chess against somebody who can lose at tic-tac-toe

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Please put more effort into your low effort trolls.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

I really like this phraseology. And the message.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Lamuella posted:

I keep seeing deflections and drive by shitposts but nobody willing to come forward and offer anything credible to refute the topic

Makes you think.....

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am very simple person. i work a lovely job and like hard liquor & professional-wrestling. you cannot wage psychological war on me, I exist too literally

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I keep seeing deflections and drive by shitposts but nobody willing to come forward and offer anything credible to refute the topic

Makes you think.....

turn on your monitor

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I like AEW because it's fun to watch. Jim Cornette is repulsively angry to me. He brings me no enjoyment

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
You got 21? Well I got 22 (sources as to how Cornette totally turned down a big money offer from Big Biceps Tony)!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ol' racist motherfucker

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Makes you think.....

Is this one of those old school throwback gimmicks that I've been hearing about?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Royal Updog posted:

i am very simple person. i work a lovely job and like hard liquor & professional-wrestling. you cannot wage psychological war on me, I exist too literally

I like this answer.

I just find it amusing stumbling into this sub-forum a month ago to find all these AEW marks who spend their time bitching about every drat segment on RAW but they live for gender reveal promos, weddings for jobbers, video game players, matches and segments with a child, teleporting, geriatric Sting, weekly kidnappings, signing a 50 year old 7 footer who hasn't mattered since 1997 and Kenny "Jazz Hands" Olivea sitting with children in a classroom.

Got it, pal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

80s james hetfield used to put more effort into his gimmick when he would post in the dynamite gdts for months and subtly making GBS threads on it and then for some reason the kenta episode just made him give up on being subtle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Last warning about doxxing.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 3, 2021

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wait, why would goons hate on video game players?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, 80s James Hatfield has started playing the back-catalogue, hopefully a day will let them workshop better material.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

I like this answer.

I just find it amusing stumbling into this sub-forum a month ago to find all these AEW marks who spend their time bitching about every drat segment on RAW but they live for gender reveal promos, weddings for jobbers, video game players, matches and segments with a child, teleporting, geriatric Sting, weekly kidnappings, signing a 50 year old 7 footer who hasn't mattered since 1997 and Kenny "Jazz Hands" Olivea sitting with children in a classroom.

Got it, pal.

Lol either you don’t even get what Cornhole is referencing when he calls him “Kenny Olivier” because you just typed it phonetically or you’re extremely in character

Either way it sucks

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

I like this answer.

Got it, pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGx5hiveIKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22qfagAc_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPF7u0fKkNQ

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I like this answer.

Got it, pal.

My favorite part of this post is the heavy implication that Kenny Omega is a gay pedophile.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

thank you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
I do have to admit that--assuming it's not a very bad and blatant effort at trolling--claiming "actually AEW is bad and everyone secretly hates it there but publicly says they love it because they know Vince won't hire them and they have to say it in order to keep getting those easy checks from BBT, and only Cornette has the GUTS to speak the TRUTH" is some impressive "Trump is still the president"-level brainworms

If it wasn't a very bad and blatant effort at trolling, of course. Which it absolutely is.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I kind of enjoy a good and artful troll and think they can be funny sometimes. This was neither good nor artful.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lamuella posted:

good and artful troll

his name is PAC

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Cornette's own claim isn't that he turned down a job offer. It's that when Tony Khan was getting industry feedback, including paying some consulting fees/getting people to sign NDAs, one of his calls was to Jim. Jim claims that he told Tony he wouldn't take any money for advice so Tony would know he was being genuine, and that when Tony told him who the likely nexus of the promotion was, he was negative. IIRC, that was it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

davidbix posted:

Cornette's own claim isn't that he turned down a job offer. It's that when Tony Khan was getting industry feedback, including paying some consulting fees/getting people to sign NDAs, one of his calls was to Jim. Jim claims that he told Tony he wouldn't take any money for advice so Tony would know he was being genuine, and that when Tony told him who the likely nexus of the promotion was, he was negative. IIRC, that was it.

B...but 80s James Hetfield says that AEW begged Mr. J. Cornette to make their wrestling show be good.

Mayhaps they are telling a lie?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have a scoop:

Jim Cornette has old balls.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I like this answer.

Got it, pal.

nice meltdown

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Comparing Kenny to an incredible actor who made the best filmed Shakespeare of all time is not a diss like they think it is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Comparing Kenny to an incredible actor who made the best filmed Shakespeare of all time is not a diss like they think it is.

I mean it's just homophobia (or biphobia in this case), bigots aren't usually known for their well thought out insults

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, was this meant to be "Olivier?"

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Vagabundo posted:

Wait, was this meant to be "Olivier?"

Yes lol - it makes it even more pathetic

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
Even actual James Hetfield from the actual 1980s probably knew who Laurence Olivier was and how to spell his name :laugh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I love it so much because its a slur via "he's trying to be remembered as one of the best in his field of all time, how dare he".

The best part is Cornette yearns for the days when all wrestlers were method actors when yes on the best level you get the best actor in the world of Daniel Day Lewis but then you also get poo poo like Jared Leto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

I like this answer.

Got it, pal.

What's it like, swinging and missing with every perpetual mewling from the cult of Corncobette?