Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

I guess I disagree? Undercutting your own argument just feels like a natural thing to do sometimes.

I still think IAs post about Bif scream townie.

Fair enough. I just wanted to explain it wasn't the uncertainty itself I didn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

there is but i cant post it

I was legit hoping you had uploaded a picture of your own pet as your flavor

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sorry for not being around much today. I took a mental health day from work and I've been doing low stress things which Mafia doesn't fit into. I'll try to catch up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

JOHN CENA posted:

there is but i cant post it

Are you my dog?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to vote, for poster bminus.

##vote: bminus

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Scientastic posted:

I’ve reread the posts around Grandicap trying to see signs of knowing his alignment that would indicate scum mind, I might need to do a more thorough read tomorrow morning

Here are my NOTES

Scum mind in votes:

B- (seemed to be VERY sure Grandicap, Bif and Sand were all town)
IA (massively over explained vote on Grandi)
SIV (I don’t like the way she performatively talked herself into the vote)
Toal somewhat (seems a bit overly reluctant)

Townie in posting about Grandi:

Keane
Sub Rosa

Cant tell:

Hal
Cena
Jose
Voodoo

Why does IA over explaining a vote make him scum to you?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

I think grandi is a good vote from the day if meta is allowed in our toolkits lol

Based upon our last two games together where he was scum, as he himself has explained, and his similar behavior in this game.

However, if grandi is town. I have no reads and am garbage.

The latter applies anyhow.

##vote grandi

This is the over explained vote?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to vote, for poster bminus.

##vote: bminus

Yep this is scum keane phoning it in. Sorry you rolled scum twice in a row.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

binus whole energy feels off right now, seems wholly uninterested in sussing out scum or giving his reads

Sandwolf posted:

Not a bad effort from Toalpaz here. Better than binus’ effort imo

Sandwolf posted:

Why over binus?

Sandwolf posted:

I’m happy with my vote on binus. I don’t really want to switch to Grandi. I’d do Hal to avoid NL but it would be simply because I can’t read him.

Sandwolf comments on bminus a LOT. I think bminus is a candidate in light of Sandwolf's death. bminus's case on me as a "lurker" is also absurd. I was active yesterday, including aggressively casing and pushing grand for a while. I have a job where I don't have easy computer access. I'm not going to vomit words up all the time. I get home and don't always glue myself to the thread. This is something I've been saying for literally years, it's a lovely thing to do. Nothing will convince you that you're wrong, and fewer things will convince you that you aren't being kind or understanding, but seriously bminus after this game I am going to quote this at you and I am going to bookmark this post so later, when I play another game with you I can post this at you and just loving stop talking to you.

THAT SAID

Sandwolf was also pushing JoseV hard, JoseV is known for killing players pushing him, I'm voting JoseV.

##vote: JoseV

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is a recurring issue with this community, it's lovely and embarrassing and people need to knock this lurker poo poo off. I wasn't lurking, I wasn't on the forums.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Sandwolf comments on bminus a LOT. I think bminus is a candidate in light of Sandwolf's death. bminus's case on me as a "lurker" is also absurd. I was active yesterday, including aggressively casing and pushing grand for a while. I have a job where I don't have easy computer access. I'm not going to vomit words up all the time. I get home and don't always glue myself to the thread. This is something I've been saying for literally years, it's a lovely thing to do. Nothing will convince you that you're wrong, and fewer things will convince you that you aren't being kind or understanding, but seriously bminus after this game I am going to quote this at you and I am going to bookmark this post so later, when I play another game with you I can post this at you and just loving stop talking to you.

THAT SAID

Sandwolf was also pushing JoseV hard, JoseV is known for killing players pushing him, I'm voting JoseV.

Why Jose over bminus?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Why Jose over bminus?

JoseV has explicitly said "I kill people that are suspicious of me and nobody calls me on it."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Why Jose over bminus?

Also I'm real mad at bminus right now and I still think JoseV is scummy so JoseV is probably a lot scummier since I'm not mad at him.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

JoseV has explicitly said "I kill people that are suspicious of me and nobody calls me on it."

Other than Sandwolf dying do you think Jose is scum? Because I thought his posts were very townie, especially the frustration with sand about the who would you vig game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

I mean, the safe answer would be to just tell you what you want to hear and name somebody, but I am very conservative and calculated with role actions. If I had a role action that posted someone's flip in the thread I wouldn't use it yet because I wouldn't want to inadvertently flip a cop or something.

If I had a role action that would tell me and me alone someone's flip and it was use it or lose it I would probably use it on Bif because that's the person that A) I think has been scummiest in the game thus far, and B) I think that flip gives the most information to work with given that she has been the focus of attention. Although on second thought I might not do that because Bif is one of the likelier candidates for execution today so it might end up being a waste. The other way to think about this hypothetical role action is that it can tell me who I can trust in the game, so perhaps I would use it on someone that I have a hard time reading like Keane or Voodoo.

I don't know, it's a tough choice. If I had an action like that I would agonize over it for hours before deciding how to use it. I've already spent 20 minutes thinking about it and it isn't even real. I doubt you'll like that answer, but it's how I think about the game and I'm not gonna lie about it

This also pinged my gut. I have no reason for this.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Also I'm real mad at bminus right now and I still think JoseV is scummy so JoseV is probably a lot scummier since I'm not mad at him.

If you had a vig who would you shoot?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

If you had a vig who would you shoot?

I'd probably do the same thing JoseV said, and hold onto it. I don't think my reads are strong enough for a unilateral kill.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

if this is true, it could mean im next!

##vote josev

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I'd probably do the same thing JoseV said, and hold onto it. I don't think my reads are strong enough for a unilateral kill.

I was just referencing the question sand was asking Jose. Joke failed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

I was just referencing the question sand was asking Jose. Joke failed.

You didn't fail the joke.

I failed the joke, friend Voodoofly.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote josev

Do you think he is scum or are you just trying to live?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It also feels weird to me that Jose didn't talk about Grand much except for some mild defenses, but that could easily be hindsight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I have a few comments about voodoo and Jose. Will share them later when I have more time

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You didn't fail the joke.

I failed the joke, friend Voodoofly.

I was actually reading you over thinking I might vote you but that bminus vote was bad and I’d be pissed about it too.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

I was actually reading you over thinking I might vote you but that bminus vote was bad and I’d be pissed about it too.

First of all, I want you, and you alone (nobody else read this for reals) to know this:

If I was scum I would have my scum buddy kill me this game and claim to be a vig. Ya gotta double down.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

First of all, I want you, and you alone (nobody else read this for reals) to know this:

If I was scum I would have my scum buddy kill me this game and claim to be a vig. Ya gotta double down.

Your reaction to bminus and then honestly responding to my vig joke says more than any gambit could.

I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Your reaction to bminus and then honestly responding to my vig joke says more than any gambit could.

I think.

All of my Gambits say the same thing: "Mon Cheri"

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

#1 it was out of the blue, sort of? We were nearing deadline and I didn't really like any of the cases, and then binus got all "since none of you are voting Cena." I hadn't been paying any attention to Cena until he said that, so I went and reread him and thought, gently caress, why aren't we voting Cena? I like that option better than any of the current candidates. So I hopped on.

And your thoughts on Cena now?

Because reading this again it sounds like you preferred him to grand despite calling grand suspicious multiple times.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

CCKeane posted:

I do say this, but I didn't do it and I honestly can't remember the last time I did do it, so I don't know that I'm "known" for it.

If I was gonna kill someone over it it would have been steak since he started it all, but the day ended with no votes on me, so even if I was scum (which I'm not) I probably wouldn't have killed someone over it. There's not much defense I can make over something that I hypothetically could have done but didn't do.

Speaking of steak

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote josev
This is a really sketchy vote imo. It feels ~*~pErFoRmAtIvE~*~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

I do say this, but I didn't do it and I honestly can't remember the last time I did do it, so I don't know that I'm "known" for it.

If I was gonna kill someone over it it would have been steak since he started it all, but the day ended with no votes on me, so even if I was scum (which I'm not) I probably wouldn't have killed someone over it. There's not much defense I can make over something that I hypothetically could have done but didn't do.

Speaking of steak

This is a really sketchy vote imo. It feels ~*~pErFoRmAtIvE~*~

Who ya got? Steak?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Rereding steak after that Jose vote and I had completely forgotten that he was calling Jose scum most of day 1.

I guess I feel better about that vote now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Anyway might be done for a bit.

##vote SiV

I still don’t like her posts about grand and the ability to jump on Cena over grand at what seemed like the drop of a hat. I feel she was trying to build some sort of cred with grand and lean on the mason thing as a way to maybe have him vote wrong later in the game.

I’d do it if I was in the same position trying to lay a path to a LYLO you can win.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Who ya got? Steak?

Don't know yet, I need to go back and read what happened last night and today. Gonna try to do that now

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Scientastic posted:

How do you square this with the completely in-self-conscious Steak alignment post:

I find this to be completely compellingly town, like a child who doesn’t know how to lie yet just saying a thing because he hasn’t the artifice not to

I can’t see scum Steak making that post

Science I still don’t see how you are clearing Sub off one post, calling IA scum off one post, and then also clearing steak off one post in a way that makes it sound like steak is too naive to do something performative as scum.

Eh yeah actually ##vote science as I write this it feels like a better vote than SiV.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (2): JOHN CENA, Scientastic, CCKeane, CCKeane
Jose Valasquez (2): CCKeane, Mr. Steak
CCKeane (1): b-minus1
Toalpaz (1): Idle Amalgam
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly
spacing in vienna (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly

Not Voting (5): Hal Insandenza, Jose Valasquez, spacing in vienna, Sub Rosa, Toalpaz

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 05th, 2021 at 2:33 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sorry for not being around much today. I took a mental health day from work and I've been doing low stress things which Mafia doesn't fit into. I'll try to catch up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Are you my dog?

i plead the fifth

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CCKeane posted:

This is a recurring issue with this community, it's lovely and embarrassing and people need to knock this lurker poo poo off. I wasn't lurking, I wasn't on the forums.

this drives me crazy when people try to use absence as a reason to push votes.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Look, we're all getting well paid to be here so everyone should make an effort to be around at a deadline.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Who was it that was trying to claim tracker is a town role (or maybe a scum role I just remember someone trying to say Cenas tracker claim was a plea to his alignment).

For the life of me I can’t remember and it’s bugging me now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Who was it that was trying to claim tracker is a town role (or maybe a scum role I just remember someone trying to say Cenas tracker claim was a plea to his alignment).

For the life of me I can’t remember and it’s bugging me now.
siv but that case felt like splitting hairs to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

And your thoughts on Cena now?

Because reading this again it sounds like you preferred him to grand despite calling grand suspicious multiple times.

I thought I said -- at the time, I thought grandi was awkward, but that he often has awkward posts d1 and is often voted for it, so I was a little unsure of those posts but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Cena seemed like a swerve but I thought it was a decent one, and I liked voting him better.

I didn't shift over to grandi until he cased me, and it wasn't about him casing me, it was that I didn't actually buy what he was saying. Grandi as scum I feel like tends to have arguments that look convincing but you don't buy that he actually believes them?

So I thought it might be grandi after all.

Cena today is seeming very town -- I liked him putting pressure on binus, and I also liked him admitting he was just needling him on that one minor point.