Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Yup!

he did kick rear end, now hes a mega CHUD

well gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How has Rob Van Dam never come up yet?

Dudley Boys vs RVD and Sabu in Tokyo Japan 1998

https://youtu.be/MgZKWm6SspI

skip to 3:00 to see RVD just jump like 20ft out the ring of the top rope

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I saw Foley do stand-up and he discussed the Hell in a Cell match. After the match, he was sitting backstage next to the Undertaker and he asked, "Did we remember to do the thumbtacks spot?"

"Jesus, Mick! Look at your arm!"

Of course, his arm was covered in tacks.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
If I'm recalling correctly from his first book, Foley lamented the big fall from the Hell Cell because it kind of erased his entire body of work prior to that. Now he was just the big fall guy after he had spent a couple decades building up multiple characters.

Of course, all of this would eventually be overshadowed and eclipsed by his later work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzr-k3r15Vk

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

May 3, 1993

Daaaaammmnn, look at Macho tonight! That suit! THAT SUIT!

We're jumping right into a match tonight between Intercontinental Boy Toy and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Buncha foam 2x4s in the audience. That's a pretty cool souvenir.

Duggan brings a board to a gun fight.

Lol, Michaels "dodges" Duggan's pretend gunshot. Dork.

Fans are loving Hacksaw. He's dressed like an American Gladiator and chanting USA and kids are reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the Statue of Liberty is walking around in the bay waving her torch.

"Nobody says a word about this man carrying a 2x4 into the ring." That is a VERY valid point that should be made repeatedly.

Hacksaw is pounding Michaels every time he steps into the ring. This is like Rocky 4 levels of patriotism.

Duggan brings in the trash

The days when this was an exciting "high risk manuever"  :allears:
*Cut to 1998 and Jeff Hardy jumps off the top of a basketball hoop and lands on a Dudley Boy's nutsack, only momentarily stunning him*

No 2x4 necessary for this rear end-whippin'

Just like in Wrestlemania IX, Shawn Michaels loses a match but retains his title because of BULLSHIT.

Duggan calls out the WWF for the stupid rule saying that losing due to countout/DQ means you don't give up your belt. Hell yeah.

Duggan, rightfully pissed, grabs a chair and pops a squat, refusing to leave the ring until the WWF gets its poo poo together.

"This King of the Ring Report is brought to you by Ico Pro. Do it like Crush does it," Gene says,, thus implicating Crush in a crime.

Live breaking news update in the middle of the KotR Report! [no it isn't] Hacksaw is reportedly calling the WWF president [no he isn't]

So I guess Hacksaw got bored of his protest after five minutes and left. Booo!

Next match is Doink versus someone named Kamikaze Kid. Wait.. Kamikaze Kid... and this guy looks like...

Okay, I prefer not to look up too much stuff when I do these. I think not knowing is part of the fun (plus, if you look these guys up, there are waaay too many with a "date of death" listed)

But anyhow, I decide to look this one up because he looked familair and yeah, Kamikaze Kid is an early version of 1-2-3 Kid aka Sean Waltman aka X-Pac. I loved 1-2-3 Kid when I was, well, a kid. And who didn't love X-Pac! Neat, we're seeing his WWF debut!

BUT! That's not the crazy part. When I was confirming it was the same guy, I came across a weird ancedote. At one point, Sean Waltman was fighting someone ELSE named Kamikaze Kid. And when Waltman took a flying hit from Kamikaze Kid, Waltman's head hit concrete and he got a blood clot in his brain. So a guy named Kamikaze Kid did brain damage to a guy who would later call himself Kamikaze Kid.

Wait, why are they calling him Kamikaze Kid but he's wearing his Lightning Kid outfit?!

Anyhow, back to the match. Doink won.

America's Nephew Bob Backlund squares off against America's Uncle Dwayne Gill.

Bobby has got a major wedgie.

Backlund wins via Old Man Strength

Duggan chats with Vince. He'll get his rematch next week. Lumberjack match! Hooo!

Cowpokes are getting ever closer to the WWF

Captain Lou Albano is here! He's a guest announcer for some pointless tag team match!

Okay, I'm gonna ignore the match to tell you this story instead. When I was in elementary, a kid named Adam got on our schoolbus and he was crying. You see, he was watching his Super Mario Bros Super Show VHS cassette tape before school. Adam was "doing the Mario" that morning as the tape ended and he wanted his mom to do the dance with him but she wouldn't! And now he got on the bus and he was crying! Because his mom wouldn't Do the Mario. And that was 30 years ago but I'll never forget it. It will be my dying thought as I leave this earth one day.
https://youtu.be/65uNCLBTje0

Kamala wins a fight against a guy.

Kind of excited for next week's episode! Stay tuned, "sports" fans!

heffsay
Mar 5, 2013
I’m not sure how you’re managing it, but your descriptions of Bob Backlund are getting funnier every time.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

verbal enema posted:

How has Rob Van Dam never come up yet?

Dudley Boys vs RVD and Sabu in Tokyo Japan 1998

https://youtu.be/MgZKWm6SspI

skip to 3:00 to see RVD just jump like 20ft out the ring of the top rope

The Dudley's were great

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Eclipse12 posted:

And who didn't love X-Pac!

Pretty much everyone

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Gilbert sighting! That was unexpected.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MakaVillian posted:

Pretty much everyone

I loved him, drat it :colbert:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
The best DX member was Mr. rear end because 1) the name (lol), and 2) he needed to exist for the greatest promo of all time to be cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCKVoTTQRxQ

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MakaVillian posted:

Pretty much everyone

He gave me everything I ever wanted
and i'll never give that back

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Royal Updog posted:

He gave me everything I ever wanted
and i'll never give that back

I hate that fact

:catstare:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

The best DX member was Mr. rear end because 1) the name (lol), and 2) he needed to exist for the greatest promo of all time to be cut.

Goddamn pre-movie Rock was amazing.

Speaking of Billy Gunn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGEE5kufD4

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bogus Adventure posted:

In terms of burying Billy Gunn, my favorite is when he interrupted an Edge promo after Edge won King of the Ring 2001. Gunn won the King of the Ring two years earlier, but during the 2001 event, he was seen promoting WWF New York. Edge proceeded to make fun of Gunn for being an absolute failure in the aftermath and gave us this gem:

"Billy, since you're not really doing anything lately, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. If, in two years' time at the King of the Ring, I'm not defending a title or even in a match, and my very special assignment is to go to WWF New York and eat a meatball sandwich, then please just shoot me in the head!"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
x-pac was my favorite dx member because whenever they were in the ring together he'd be standing on the ropes bouncing like a weirdo monkey boy

the outlaws entrance might be ruined for me forever because of their match at Wrestlemania 30 where it was interrupted by The Shield looking like the three baddest motherfuckers on the planet
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4glf59
whenever a friend who's a lapsed fan asked me what's up with the shield I just showed them this match

and then I'd start crying and shout "they were brothers!!! :negative:"

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Can't believe that this thread which is ostensibly about wrestling is not discussing the hottest news in wrestling tonight.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1367284216824692739

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wwf charlie-browning themselves out of a shaq match time after time is a disgrace to them

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Was Billy Gunn a bad wrestler? I feel like he got shitted on more than he deserved.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Animal-Mother posted:

Was Billy Gunn a bad wrestler?

I would say no, but I myself am strange & unusual

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

MakaVillian posted:

Goddamn pre-movie Rock was amazing.

Speaking of Billy Gunn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGEE5kufD4

Road Dogg always cracked me up because he looked and sounded goofy as hell.

Gavok posted:

In terms of burying Billy Gunn, my favorite is when he interrupted an Edge promo after Edge won King of the Ring 2001. Gunn won the King of the Ring two years earlier, but during the 2001 event, he was seen promoting WWF New York. Edge proceeded to make fun of Gunn for being an absolute failure in the aftermath and gave us this gem:

"Billy, since you're not really doing anything lately, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. If, in two years' time at the King of the Ring, I'm not defending a title or even in a match, and my very special assignment is to go to WWF New York and eat a meatball sandwich, then please just shoot me in the head!"

The Rated R Superstar holds nothing back

Although I'll never forgive him for loving over Matt Hardy, who is definitely the best Hardy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

"the one" kip ""bad 'mr.' rear end" billy 'bob' gunn"" sopp is a fine talent, he just had a lower ceiling than wwe realized

I always think of the 2001 royal rumble
the best royal rumble
but there's just this weird niggling detail when you get to the final four
and it's Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane, and... Billy Gunn :raise:
standing there, slightly too tall in his booty shorts, with his weird square dad rock aura, looking positively divorced
and he doesn't belong there. he just doesn't. he's not that guy.
that's all it is

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It didn't help that Billy Gunn was just Triple H's toadie. That version of DX was pretty much Triple H and his posse. It wasn't some grand alliance like The Megapowers. It would be like Scottie 2 Hottie trying to go for the WWE championship when he's just Rikishi's backup dancer.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Can't believe that this thread which is ostensibly about wrestling is not discussing the hottest news in wrestling tonight.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1367284216824692739

Also a pretty nice powerbomb

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1367282862408433664?s=20

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

shaq's wrestling friend jade. her abs and other muscles. they cannot be described with words

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Royal Updog posted:

shaq's wrestling friend jade. her abs and other muscles. they cannot be described with words

:emptyquote:

Meowmixer
Jul 10, 2001

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Woah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Give us Shaq/Big Show coward Tony

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
cody rhodes murdered shaq on live television and now he's dead

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

cody rhodes murdered shaq on live television and now he's dead

Nah Shaq disappeared out of the ambulance they loaded him into.

Where to? Find out on Shaq Lifetm!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bogus Adventure posted:

God I loved the Rock so much when I watched during the Attitude Era

He was a heel you could love, and frankly had to because he had that perfect balance of outlandishness, dickishness and just overall greatness. It's a hard combo to get right but by God he did

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

low key sex master posted:

God I loved the Rock so much when I watched during the Attitude Era

He was a heel you could love, and frankly had to because he had that perfect balance of outlandishness, dickishness and just overall greatness. It's a hard combo to get right but by God he did

100% agreed. It was such a great character.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Bogus Adventure posted:

I remember WWF selling Rocky Sucks t-shirts for about a month or so. The promos he had while in the Nation of Domination were so amazing and totally turned the crowd's opinions of him around.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bonzo posted:

I remember WWF selling Rocky Sucks t-shirts for about a month or so. The promos he had while in the Nation of Domination were so amazing and totally turned the crowd's opinions of him around.

Well, his original character sucked donkey balls

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

You'd have a hard time making a case for anyone being better on a mic than him. Austin was effective and fun but wasn't as clever or creative. Macho Man and Hulk and a lot of other classics could nail some promos but were held back by the norms of the 80s/90s. A lot of people are good, but Rock was next level.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Out of curiosity, is there an easy to use compendium of wrestling moves? Like, suplex, hip toss, back body drop, sure, no problem. But what if, during a suplex, you turn 180 degrees and land with your elbow on their throat? What do you call THAT? And how can you find out?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eclipse12 posted:

what if, during a suplex, you turn 180 degrees and land with your elbow on their throat? What do you call THAT? And how can you find out?

That's a Jackhammer

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

My roommate snagged a WWE Network account so we've been rewatching the Attitude Era:

Pros: Watching Steve Austin beat the poo poo out of Vince McMahon with a bedpan. Watching The Rock transition from small timer "Rocky Maivia" to The People's Champion.

Cons: That part of the feud between DX and The Nation where DX comes out in full blackface to mock The Nation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For every great segment you remember from the Attitude Era there's five that either feature complete losers like Mideon/Shawn Stasiak/the Oddities or are incredibly racist/sexist/homophobic and half the time it features both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Pros: Honestly just watching Steve Austin constantly pop up out of nowhere like he's loving Majima to whale on Vince McMahon

Cons: Any time someone utters the words "Commissioner Slaughter". Also Gangrel.

We already had two undead/demon dudes who the hell thought a 90s edgy vampire idiot was a good idea.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 4, 2021