Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alright, Paul Wight strongly suggesting a new signing is coming for AEW this Sunday on the PPV.

Who is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kevin Nash

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
based only on the information given by the number one scoops giant.

It's going to be either Minoru Suzuki (Hall of Fame class of '17) or Jun Akiyama (Hall of Fame class of '20)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope it's not brodus clay. i hope it's not aron rex. i hope it's not the great khali. i hope it's not alex riley. i hope it's not enzo or cass. i hope it's not erik redbeard. i hope it's not rob van dam. i hope it's not curtis axel. i hope it's not ryback. i hope it's not alberto del rio. i hope it's not hornswaggle. i hope it's not jbl. i hope it's not jerry lawler. it's going to be jerry lawler. it's for sure jerry lawler.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Astro7x posted:

I mean it’s a huge flaw by calling anything the “Raw” title.

Same goes for the women’s titles. Why we don’t just have one main women’s championship and an Intercontinental equivalent is beyond me.

Because they need an extra one for Charlotte to perpetually carry while they let other women hold the other

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

i hope it's not brodus clay. i hope it's not aron rex. i hope it's not the great khali. i hope it's not alex riley. i hope it's not enzo or cass. i hope it's not erik redbeard. i hope it's not rob van dam. i hope it's not curtis axel. i hope it's not ryback. i hope it's not alberto del rio. i hope it's not hornswaggle. i hope it's not jbl. i hope it's not jerry lawler. it's going to be jerry lawler. it's for sure jerry lawler.

its disco inferno

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

based only on the information given by the number one scoops giant.

It's going to be either Minoru Suzuki (Hall of Fame class of '17) or Jun Akiyama (Hall of Fame class of '20)

he said hall of fame worthy not already in the hall of fame

shoutout to big show for giving me an easy prop bet for the prediction game though

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Giant is just thinking of you.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

He didn't specify what hall of fame.

It's Mongo

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Anybody see what the pre-show Dark matches were tonight? Doesn’t look like the usual Twitter users who post them were at the show tonight.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 4, 2021

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m assuming it’s Zelina Vega just because I have no idea who else it could be.

Unless Cesaro didn’t actually re-sign and he expired.

E: I saw Chris Hero’s name thrown out elsewhere and god I hope that’s who it is

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 4, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my money is on mark henry

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

my money is on mark henry

I had that idea too but the dude is insanely loyal to WWE.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i hope its batista

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Does Henry need that leg scooter he had on Raw or was that just a thing Vince made him do humiliate him?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IIRC he had leg surgery late last year/early this year, rumor was for ankle problems that were part of why he cut a bunch of weight as well. He's been talking about doing one more match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Henry is one of the biggest WWE bootlickers out there, him jumping would be a way bigger shocker than Wight

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
whoever it is is probably going to be the surprise entrant into the ladder match so that can cut down on possibilities. i'll hope for cesaro right up until the second my tiny heart breaks when they announce a third sydal or something

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"future HOFer" makes me think it's just gonna be some guy who is 47 years old. afaik no big WWE guys who are under that age have let their contracts run out.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i hope its batista

Well Tall Paul did call the PPV Evolution :thunk:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Batista in AEW would unironically own so much.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

flatluigi posted:

whoever it is is probably going to be the surprise entrant into the ladder match so that can cut down on possibilities. i'll hope for cesaro right up until the second my tiny heart breaks when they announce a third sydal or something

I wish. Cesaro re-signed. He’s a lifer and loves WWE.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ICR posted:

I wish. Cesaro re-signed. He’s a lifer and loves WWE.

- as far as i understand the 'cesaro re-signed' stuff is unconfirmed and again i'll continue to have hope
- people swore up and down paul wight was a lifer

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Hulk Hogan...welcome to AEW

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think somebody else mentioned it but Chris Hero would make sense. And his gimmick/look while outside WWE as been a lot of references to basketball stuff, so I can see it work to take the "hall of famer" idea in a similar way to Miro has taken "the best man."

might have to re-watch the segment just to hyper-analyze but my impression wasn't that it was somebody coming in ala Sting, or somebody coming in short-term like a Minoru Suzuki or another Japanese part-timer would be. I get the impression it'll be another full-time performer, but really not sure who.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He and Eddie Kingston still have heat don’t they?

Could be a recipe for disaster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think he's been pretty open about not wrestling anywhere during the pandemic too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

History Comes Inside! posted:

He and Eddie Kingston still have heat don’t they?

Could be a recipe for disaster.

Seeing they've had god only knows how many matches together over the years, if they do still have heat they are both pros.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

I think somebody else mentioned it but Chris Hero would make sense.

I really don't think they're going to have someone like Big Show come out and hype a major signing and have it be Chris Hero. I like Hero but he's not that dude. It pretty much has to be someone much more mainstream than that.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Listening to today's episode of Unrestricted, Tony Khan referred to the signing as a "he" and also said "This Sunday, a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge huge star is gonna come and sign a multiyear contract with AEW on Sunday at the PPV" so yeah I do think it's going to be a big name. They're hyping it up a lot.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Oh how I hope it's Cena

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I would also accept Kurt Angle assembling a babyface squad to feud with Team Taz.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Everyone seems to assume it will be a male wrestler.

I know it’s not likely possible, but I hope it’s Kairi Hojo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony is a huge nerd with a bad sense of perspective on these announcements so I'm still going to assume it's Mike Bailey but it probably isn't.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dacap posted:

Everyone seems to assume it will be a male wrestler.

I know it’s not likely possible, but I hope it’s Kairi Hojo

She's still trapped in a WWE contract, so that is definitely not happening.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

I think somebody else mentioned it but Chris Hero would make sense. And his gimmick/look while outside WWE as been a lot of references to basketball stuff, so I can see it work to take the "hall of famer" idea in a similar way to Miro has taken "the best man."

might have to re-watch the segment just to hyper-analyze but my impression wasn't that it was somebody coming in ala Sting, or somebody coming in short-term like a Minoru Suzuki or another Japanese part-timer would be. I get the impression it'll be another full-time performer, but really not sure who.

it's def not suzuki as he's working the current tour but he's someone that should be brought in if/when possible. he's very over among western hardcores and for the rest of the audience excalibur has perodically put him over evers since dynamite started. he's gradually slipped down the card in new japan and could def miss 2-3 months without hurting the main company he works for.

Vandar posted:

She's still trapped in a WWE contract, so that is definitely not happening.

yes there was mutal interest in working the stardom budokan show but obv wwe wouldn't allow her to

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
On WOR Dave says two people will be debuting - one for the ladder match and the other one that Tall Paul teased.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

On WOR Dave says two people will be debuting - one for the ladder match and the other one that Tall Paul teased.

Oh snap

I can’t wait for Sunday.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Berzerker posted:

Listening to today's episode of Unrestricted, Tony Khan referred to the signing as a "he" and also said "This Sunday, a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge huge star is gonna come and sign a multiyear contract...

BRAM! I KNEW IT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Listening to today's episode of Unrestricted, Tony Khan referred to the signing as a "he" and also said "This Sunday, a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge huge star is gonna come and sign a multiyear contract with AEW on Sunday at the PPV" so yeah I do think it's going to be a big name. They're hyping it up a lot.

STAR MAN from the NES Pro Wrestling game confirmed