Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I've got goosebumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"I will come for my great prize."

Violator
May 15, 2003

I hope everyone does their part and pays the $15 for a month of HBO Max to support this after all of these years. :colbert:

Edit: Show those bean counter egg heads we want more Snyder.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Aww the lil Flash/Cyborg fist pump

Also Harry Lennix with dialogue that an alien would say!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That sucks

Show us more Joker Christ

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Violator posted:

I hope everyone does their part and pays the $15 for a month of HBO Max to support this after all of these years. :colbert:

Still waiting for UK release information. I'll happily pay for it if they give us a means, but if the only place showing it is on the other side of a VPN they've only got themselves to blame

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Violator posted:

I signed up for their 6 months/$69 deal back in December, I wish there was a way to tell them I signed up for the Snyder cut.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

I would if I could but HBO Max is included as part of my cable subscription.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Same, I have like a free year of it. If ZSJL is good I may get the Bluray or see it in the cinema if they ever do that near me

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I will stream ZSJL on loop the weekend of release probably.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I remember Man of Steel trailer 3 and the extreme "trailer-ability" of Snyder's style. That was cool.

Also LMAO at the idea of Dark Knight Rises being the "schlocky" one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm taking the day off work March 26 to get my COVID-vax so I will probably wait and watch it then

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just lol if u aren't waiting til mid April to get your motherfoodbox and watching jl while mowing down big belly and jitters coffee

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Definitely buying this on UHD disc

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

MacheteZombie posted:

Just lol if u aren't waiting til mid April to get your motherfoodbox and watching jl while mowing down big belly and jitters coffee

What possible reason can there be for the mofoodbox not being available at release?!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

Definitely buying this on UHD disc

Yeah same

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

josh04 posted:

What possible reason can there be for the mofoodbox not being available at release?!

WB doesn't really want any kind of campaign surrounding ZSJL to succeed. Note that they have the same anonymous WB execs leaking "we still hate this it still sucks" messaging to the usual suspects.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

If the trailer had been released like this I would watch it 10 times

https://youtu.be/LrJ6u3UaaQM

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

WB doesn't really want any kind of campaign surrounding ZSJL to succeed. Note that they have the same anonymous WB execs leaking "we still hate this it still sucks" messaging to the usual suspects.

Wait...they have?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Wait...they have?

I wouldn't be surprised! gently caress WB.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Sounds like sour grapes. Probably the same losers who thought the theatrical cut was going to make them billions or thought selling their stake in The Joke was a smart move.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-execs-reportedly-impressed-zack-snyders-justice-league/

quote:

WB Execs Reportedly Not Impressed With Zack Snyder’s Justice League

There’ve been plenty of movies ruined by studio interference before, but it’s rare for said studio to then turn around and make a big deal of releasing the director’s original vision. But that’s what’s happening with Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which is finally debuting on HBO Max this month, almost three and a half years after the theatrical edition of the DC team-up film came out. Fans might be thrilled about it, but it sounds like embarrassed Warner Bros. execs are not sharing the hype.

According to scooper Mikey Sutton of Geekosity, execs are “not impressed” with the Snyder Cut, which restores all of what the filmmaker shot back in the day that was thrown out by reshoots director Joss Whedon, meaning it takes the form of a four-hour epic. Despite the positive buzz surrounding the Justice League re-release online, WB higher-ups are said to still be unhappy with it as they never liked what Snyder was doing in the first place.

Sutton claims it was WB’s parent company AT&T that picked up on the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut campaign, saw an opportunity to cash in on the buzz and demanded that it be put into action. With its release imminent, WB apparently has a serious “lack of faith in the project” and “simply want it to go away.” Sutton even says that they dropped the news that J.J. Abrams is working on a Superman reboot last week to pivot attention away from the Snyder Cut.

While we advise taking this with a grain of salt for now, it’s clear that Justice League isn’t a major priority for the studio by where they’ve placed it on their release schedule. It’s out this March 18th, just a couple of weeks before Godzilla vs. Kong drops on March 31st. That doesn’t really give Snyder’s movie much of an opportunity to make an impact before another highly anticipated blockbuster comes along. After all this, though, it’ll certainly be interesting to see how the pic goes down when it arrives later this month.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
It really is strange. According to Warner Bros. Youtube channel, ZSJL still doesn't exist.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lmao I have feeling that justice league may just do better than godzilla vs kong in terms of numbers and how much people talk about it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Take anything from We Got This Covered with a grain of salt. They post so much unsourced clickbait.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think I remember reading that it was HBO who put the money up for the Snydercut and not WB, who just allowed it to happen. If so, WB probably does't feel any real obligation to help it succeed.

Take this with a grain of salt though, because I can't actual find the article I think I read this from ATM.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Take anything from We Got This Covered with a grain of salt. They post so much unsourced clickbait.

Yeah, they're notorious bullshitters. It's not an unbelievable story but I wouldn't trust it until a more reputable outlet says something.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've been seeing loads of promo mini-stories on it across the usual media sites so it looks like someone in WB is trying to market it at least

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WB executives greenlighted Josstice League, so I must assume whatever is the opposite of their opinion is correct

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, WB is the studio that literally thought "BvS was too dark" meant "have more scenes take place during the day".

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Robot Style posted:

Yeah, WB is the studio that literally thought "BvS was too dark" meant "have more scenes take place during the day".

I feel like this definitely deserves another "Wait....they did?"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Robot Style posted:

Oh my god, is that why they changed the Superman vs the league fight to take place during the day?!

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

McCloud posted:

Oh my god, is that why they changed the Superman vs the league fight to take place during the day?!

I don't know about that one, but it's why we had to change the Russia sequence from night to day.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

People say there's not enough color... hmmmm... red is a color, right?! Make everything red

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It makes perfect sense they wouldn't be happy with it, since they weren't happy with the exact same thing in 2016. Since they're execs, they probably aren't happy with it because it doesn't look enough like Avengers Endgame, though

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Martman posted:

People say there's not enough color... hmmmm... red is a color, right?! Make everything red

This change at least seemed to have the basis of "make it like Final Crisis." Which isn't a bad idea on its own. Probably something Snyder thought about doing at one point. But definitely for later down the line with actual Darkseid. He'd also make it not look like rear end.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I remember Man of Steel trailer 3 and the extreme "trailer-ability" of Snyder's style. That was cool.

Also LMAO at the idea of Dark Knight Rises being the "schlocky" one.

Maybe I’m just an idiot but I remember seeing all the other trailers in the cinema at some point and almost being offended at how boring it looked. Like it was just a rerun of superman returns.

Then, this trailer came up and I thought “oh gently caress I’m definitely watching this”

https://youtu.be/NlOF03DUoWc

And I got what I wanted, which was a two hour and change fight sequence against space nazis, and an incredibly deep drum heavy looping soundtrack. I do appreciate all the other world building and slower sequences a lot more with time but that is absolutely how you hook a comic book movie.

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 4, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I always like when a trailer has something you realise in retrospect is a major league spoiler. Like ooh, I wonder what Superman looks so upset about!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

http://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/motherbox-hunt-source

DC posted a community challenge to unlock a new track: "Middle Mass". Maybe it's because I went to the site on my phone but I couldn't do anything but listen to the percussion stem. I guess I'll just wait for the internet to do its thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

http://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/motherbox-hunt-source

DC posted a community challenge to unlock a new track: "Middle Mass". Maybe it's because I went to the site on my phone but I couldn't do anything but listen to the percussion stem. I guess I'll just wait for the internet to do its thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhGla9UZqMA

You just click the bottom link in the square and the clue is a link back to the page. This youtube is what it unlocks.