Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Oh, hello there. Thanks for opening this thread. Hey do you know that it's March and much later this month the Spring season begins? Would you like to celebrate that in some way with every post you make, or exercise your artistic (or lack of artistic) talent? Well good news friend you've made it to the right place.

Heck you don't even need to spend money to make a sig for your friend:

• Make beautiful images using GIMP or JSPaint
  • Manifisto will lovingly hold your hand and teach you how to use Blender in this thread
  • You could even draw something IRL and take a picture I'll bet

Ground Rules
  • Be nice

How do you host your image for your friend?
  • Imgur or another hosting site can host still images and GIFs
  • Before you host you can lower file-size using this site https://ezgif.com/optimize but don't hot link the optimized image from here, re-host it somewhere
  • Even better, GfyCat will automatically optimize your gif and give you a neat file extension of .webm which is much smaller file size! Remember the MP4 links don't work on the awful app yet. To link the image into the forums you use the URL tags. Add a Code bbtag with the link to your image if you want to be nice to your friend. It will look like this:
    code:
    [url]<link here>[/url]

Thanks and I look forward to making sigs as well!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

vanisher posted:

Thanks and I look forward to making sigs as well!

you can smell the scent of fresh sigs on the air - it truly must be spring

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

vanisher

I'll take a sig but no rush!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I would love a sig and if I have time I'd also love to make one or several sigs!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

vanisher

How Wonderful! posted:

I would love a sig and if I have time I'd also love to make one or several sigs!

I'd love to work on your sig if possible!

I'll post some kind of idea soon and you can let me know what you think!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
*humbly scrounges around for any remaining sig crumbs*

:kiddo:

Nexein

"Donuts of
Champions"
As a 'yob newbie and all 'round bad poster I would love a sig to make my posts look gooder by comparison thank you

https://giant.gfycat.com/FragrantGorgeousLeech.mp4
Spring masterpiece courtesy of Prof. Crocodile, thanks!

nut

i would love aspring sig and also to make spring sigs

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Spring is coming soon to the island of chill and magic, so I would be grateful for a seasonal sig.

biosterous

one spring sig for me, please and thank you!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

I would like a spring sig please!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My quality of life would be vastly increased with the addition of a BYOB original masterpiece signature file, if I may please!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

City of Glompton

i love new sigs

e need to update my av too huh

vanisher

How Wonderful! posted:

I've been having good luck taking an image and dissecting it in blender and then superimposing the original image back onto the 3d canvas. Some kind of sea side or mountain oil painting was my idea, maybe something like this one for the base of the image?

Stoner Sloth

i would love a spring sig and add it to my collection of treasured sigs from BYOB seasons past!

if possible i would like one celebrating ButtTheShitmanFart posting!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

nut posted:

i would love aspring sig and also to make spring sigs

I have an idea for this one!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Sig request list (will update periodically):

• vanisher -
  • how wonderful! - completed by vanisher
  • prepuce repurposed - in process by vanisher
  • nexein - in process by prof. crocodile
  • nut - in progress by manifisto
  • barking gecko -
  • biosterous -
  • manifisto -
  • pot smoke phoenix -
  • city of glompton (sig and av) -
  • stoner sloth -
  • hbag - in progress by heather papps
  • rickrogers -
  • glutes are great -
  • heather papps - in progress by hbag
  • magic cactus -
  • kaiser schnitzel (possibly editing old sig) -
  • prof. crocodile -
  • gramps - in progress by nut

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 5, 2021

ty nesamdoom!

hbag

i might be interested in a sig and also am able to create pretty realistic VHS-themed sigs (see my current sig) so uhhh lmk if youre interested in one of those

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I would appreciate a whatever and if I can get my pc working again I promise to learn a technique try and make one as I have an idea...

Goons Are Gifts

Hell yes one sig please with extra spring if possible

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

vanisher posted:

I've been having good luck taking an image and dissecting it in blender and then superimposing the original image back onto the 3d canvas. Some kind of sea side or mountain oil painting was my idea, maybe something like this one for the base of the image?

This is perfect, this is exactly where I want to be.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

vanisher

After a bit of research it looks like that artwork is being sold by a small artist, and i'd hate to just rob them of their creative work without compensating them.

The Art Institute of Chicago has a huge resource of public domain artwork so I figured I'd pull from there instead for your sig How Wonderful!

Spring in France looked nice
https://www.artic.edu/artworks/97292/spring-in-france

This is very early and just the bones, I'm going to fix this a lot

vanisher fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 3, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

vanisher posted:

I've been having good luck taking an image and dissecting it in blender and then superimposing the original image back onto the 3d canvas.

this is a really neat and effective technique!

hbag posted:

i might be interested in a sig and also am able to create pretty realistic VHS-themed sigs (see my current sig) so uhhh lmk if youre interested in one of those

wanna trade sigs?
e: and by trade i mean i'll make you a sig and you make me a cool tracking issue VHS sig?

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
I wish I understood how signatures worked. it's been a long time since I've actually understood bbcode forums and I've kinda lost it. I also dont know if you have to pay for signature usage here?

nut

fps_nug posted:

I wish I understood how signatures worked. it's been a long time since I've actually understood bbcode forums and I've kinda lost it. I also dont know if you have to pay for signature usage here?

sigs are, at their simplest, just pics we make for each other. There's a "signature" field in your profile options in the user control panel. They don't cost anything to have and we usually host them on the sites vanisher posted earlier! There's nothing stopping u from getting in the fun!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Back from my forums hiatus and wouldn't mind a sig!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

hbag

keep in mind i will have to be specifically told if someone wants one of my sigs because drat i kinda suck at realizing when i should offer people things

----------------

vanisher

Making some progress!

Heather Papps

hello friend

hbag posted:

keep in mind i will have to be specifically told if someone wants one of my sigs because drat i kinda suck at realizing when i should offer people things

the sig, i want it, give it to me (please and thank you)

Manifisto

I too am workin heah (in progress)

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

if hbag is down with the sig trade i'll start getting to work on one. i had what i thought was an okay idea about using the wirehead icons and doin' a cool lazer grid sorta thing

nut

Manifisto posted:

I too am workin heah (in progress)

👀👀👀

hbag

Heather Papps posted:

if hbag is down with the sig trade i'll start getting to work on one. i had what i thought was an okay idea about using the wirehead icons and doin' a cool lazer grid sorta thing

sounds good

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I thought the lovely autumn sig nut and vanisher made me also looked very spring and could be a spring sig but despite vanisher's infinite patience in trying to teach me, I am hopeless at editing gifs. Or if anyone has a different idea I would love a new sig!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

vanisher

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I thought the lovely autumn sig nut and vanisher made me also looked very spring and could be a spring sig but despite vanisher's infinite patience in trying to teach me, I am hopeless at editing gifs. Or if anyone has a different idea I would love a new sig!

I still have the base file and could just change the words and/or all features and graphics

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

vanisher posted:

I still have the base file and could just change the words and/or all features and graphics

Whenever I post in the sig thread I prostrate myself before the sigsmiths and subject myself to their ever whim. whatever you or anyone else feels like doing will no doubt be delightyful!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

hbag posted:

sounds good

workin' away, but i think i like it so far

i love sig season, it's good to have a reason to open photoshop!

vanisher

Chipping away

Prof. Crocodile

I would love a spring sig. Also I will try to make a sig or two.

Things have been pretty busy for me, and I've been mostly phone posting while I do other stuff. Sitting down and sigging it up while I listen to music may be just the thing I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I have done an RNG and I will be making a sig for Nexein. I will try to get to it this weekend, but you all know I am a bit slow, so if anyone else has an idea go to it, and I can re-roll.

Nexein if you have anything specific in mind, let me know.