Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I imagine the Sable/Mark Mero story line doesn't hold up well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Remember when Sgt.Slaughter's storyline was he joined the Iraqi Republican Guard and wrestled for Saddam Hussein?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bonzo posted:

How about the time Val Venis boned the wife of Kaientai's manager so they tried to chop off his dick?

Or how about Terri Runnels faking a miscarriage?

Or how about Chyna setting Mark Henry up to have sex with a trans woman?

Or how about Beaver Cleavage who wanted to bone his mum except actually his name was Chaz and he was beating his girlfriend except actually she was faking it the whole time?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Rarity posted:

How about the time Val Venis boned the wife of Kaientai's manager so they tried to chop off his dick?

Or how about Beaver Cleavage who wanted to bone his mum except actually his name was Chaz and he was beating his girlfriend except actually she was faking it the whole time?

Yeah, there are some great moments in the Attitude Era, but you have to dig through a ton of rancid poo poo to find them.

At least it gave us this, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnjuKpqc_ho

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Remember when Sgt.Slaughter's storyline was he joined the Iraqi Republican Guard and wrestled for Saddam Hussein?

part of his entourage included the infamously Iranian Iron Sheik as "Col. Mustafa"

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

part of his entourage included the infamously Iranian Iron Sheik as "Col. Mustafa"

So Iranian he was literally the former bodyguard of the Shah.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Bonzo posted:

No one has ever been buried as deep as Marc Mero getting powerbombed by Sable.

Rarity posted:

Isn't this mostly/all Russo's poo poo?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Insane Clown Posse were a draw, brother

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

low key sex master posted:

God I loved the Rock so much when I watched during the Attitude Era

He was a heel you could love, and frankly had to because he had that perfect balance of outlandishness, dickishness and just overall greatness. It's a hard combo to get right but by God he did

he was so good. dude had a black belt in talking poo poo.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Watching Lawler and J.R. try to hype up Ken Shamrock because "He's had a hard life, he never knew his father!" when the other guys in the ring are supposedly an undead wizard and his demonic brother is some real funny poo poo.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 4, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Watching Lawler and J.R. try to hype of Ken Shamrock because "He's had a hard life, he never knew his father!" when the other guys in the ring are supposedly an undead wizard and his demonic brother is some real funny poo poo.

I would have absolutely backed 1998 Ken Shamrock in that fight tbh, dude was nuts

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Rarity posted:

I would have absolutely backed 1998 Ken Shamrock in that fight tbh, dude was nuts

The answer to the age old question "Can a man replace his blood entirely with anabolic steroids" :thunk:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I still laugh at the fact that Trump called Triple H up and asked if Vince really got blown up in that limo

just an incredible self own all around

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Big Ken is still real swole.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I still laugh at the fact that Trump called Triple H up and asked if Vince really got blown up in that limo

This man was the President of the United States for 4 years!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Rarity posted:

...and of course they couldn't just try to cut off his dick, they had to yell "I choppy choppy your pee-pee" as they swung the sword.

...and of course the sword missed due to 'sudden shrinkage'.

...and then there was the formation of Right to Censor where Val (and other formerly offensive comedy acts) 'turned heel by being prudish and aping the Parent's Television Council.

Vince really does just book to amuse himself.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Nah Shaq disappeared out of the ambulance they loaded him into.

Where to? Find out on Shaq Lifetm!

no shaq died and ascended into heaven

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no shaq died and ascended into heaven

No, Shaq is Kazaam irl

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Shaq needed to die so that Steel can be real

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I just saw Paul "No More B.S." Wight's AEW debut and was going to make a Captain Insane-o joke, but then I noticed his hand resting on that dude's shoulder and couldn't stop looking at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlzbQl5LtI

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

That's when I started watching. It wasn't until years later that I watched the months before it to see how WWF so hilariously wrote themselves into a corner.

When Slaughter came back in 1990, he was supposed to be an ultra fascist war hawk, completely pissed that Nikolai Volkoff was able to be embraced for turning face and loving America. But mainly, he got heel heat by calling out the US for being too cowardly to go to war with Iraq.

Then the US went to war with Iraq. Vince was like, "Uh... crap. Slaughter loves Iraq now, I guess?"

A year later, Slaughter had to walk it all back in-character so he could be a face again. It was awkward.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just saw Paul "No More B.S." Wight's AEW debut and was going to make a Captain Insane-o joke, but then I noticed his hand resting on that dude's shoulder and couldn't stop looking at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlzbQl5LtI

That dude is beloved WCW announcer Tony Schiavone :eng101:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Pros: Honestly just watching Steve Austin constantly pop up out of nowhere like he's loving Majima to whale on Vince McMahon

Cons: Any time someone utters the words "Commissioner Slaughter". Also Gangrel.

We already had two undead/demon dudes who the hell thought a 90s edgy vampire idiot was a good idea.

Gangrel/the Brood had one of the the best entrance theme/pyro ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BWXnD96s8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFMYWFRjQs

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

The best DX member was Mr. rear end because 1) the name (lol), and 2) he needed to exist for the greatest promo of all time to be cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCKVoTTQRxQ

'Billy Gunn if the Rock punches you you will die. If the Rock misses, the wind from his punch will give you pneumonia and you'll still die.' Because gently caress billy gunn ~

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I the hell enjoy wrestling. The aew ppv on sunday is gonna loving own so hard

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I fukkin miss the Rock and Sock Connection so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvXIPKrRjo

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I the hell enjoy wrestling. The aew ppv on sunday is gonna loving own so hard

Deathmatch Baybay!

I felt like a backyarder again when i saw Onita show up in that promo!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Thankfully, someone on YouTube did the needful and put the best Rock and Sock moments together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ou4piLFhYI

Stay for the end and the kickass reunion

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

oh poo poo, i've just realised that i didn't share my favourite wrestling fact of all time:

in the run up to that trump wrestlemania appearance where he takes the lovely stunner, they did a big storyline on raw where it was announced that donald trump had bought ownership of monday night raw from vince mcmahon and a bunch of golden trumpbux fell from the ceiling, yadda yadda (very obviously a storyline, and entirely on the tv show). the original plan was to for that to be a big ongoing storyline between the two of them to build the match, but suddenly the next week it's announced that vince mcmahon has had a big freakout and bought it back for double what trump paid for it

the unofficial reason they changed that was because the loving stock price immediately tanked after the trump announcement

that implies two things

1) vince mcmahon, two-time failed owner of the xfl, is considered a significantly smaller business risk than donald trump
2) institutional wall street investors do not realise that the things that happen on a pro wrestling show are pretend and that kane did not kill the undertaker's parents in a fire

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FullLeatherJacket posted:

oh poo poo, i've just realised that i didn't share my favourite wrestling fact of all time:

in the run up to that trump wrestlemania appearance where he takes the lovely stunner, they did a big storyline on raw where it was announced that donald trump had bought ownership of monday night raw from vince mcmahon and a bunch of golden trumpbux fell from the ceiling, yadda yadda (very obviously a storyline, and entirely on the tv show). the original plan was to for that to be a big ongoing storyline between the two of them to build the match, but suddenly the next week it's announced that vince mcmahon has had a big freakout and bought it back for double what trump paid for it

the unofficial reason they changed that was because the loving stock price immediately tanked after the trump announcement

that implies two things

1) vince mcmahon, two-time failed owner of the xfl, is considered a significantly smaller business risk than donald trump
2) institutional wall street investors do not realise that the things that happen on a pro wrestling show are pretend and that kane did not kill the undertaker's parents in a fire

Lmao, wait...

Are you telling me that Jason Jordan is NOT Kurt Angle's son???

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Well, to be fair, it's between that stunning demonstration of how the western economy works and the following legitimate quote from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter in 1999, which I've long been tempted to have framed and point at as evidence of the inherent absurdity of being any time people get pissy at me for not taking something seriously enough:

quote:

"On the Time Magazine internet balloting for Man of the Century, Ric Flair is now in third place trailing Jesus Christ and Adolf Hitler. Raven is in ninth place."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Well, to be fair, it's between that stunning demonstration of how the western economy works and the following legitimate quote from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter in 1999, which I've long been tempted to have framed and point at as evidence of the inherent absurdity of being any time people get pissy at me for not taking something seriously enough:

loving RAVEN???

Lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just got the ultrasound back.... im giving birth to a hand.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

loving RAVEN???

Lmao

well, this was peak mid-90s daria-but-a-wrestler raven, who used to have a stable with a dude whose gimmick was that he was a heroin addict

not mid-00s fatraven who wore a kilt as well as one of those collars for dogs who've recently had surgery, and who had a stable with maverick matt bentley

gandhi had no chance

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

he wasn't the heroin addict but I just remembered that van hammer was part of the flock lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

:eng101: all the members of The Flock were stylised after gay archetypes

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

raven's a problematic dipshit but relative to most wrestlers he had about two more layers of self-awareness

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i thought ravens gimmick was always buff pearl jam fan that wrestles

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i thought ravens gimmick was always buff pearl jam fan that wrestles

on the road to enlightenment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dandywalken posted:

Just got the ultrasound back.... im giving birth to a hand.

In my headcanon, Mark Henry's hand son grew up to become the Smackdown fist.