Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

What about Valhalla at $35 for base game if you've only played AC 1, Black Flag, and Odyssey? I've never kept up with the AC games so I'm not exactly sure how samey they are lately.

Bust Rodd posted:

I was browsing the store last night and kept scrolling past the $120 ultimate Valhalla and just could not place who the gently caress that is for

It's $71 at the moment. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AC Valhalla is a very good game with entirely too much poo poo to do. Play it until you get sick of it then move on.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Necrothatcher posted:

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/cosmetic-xp-rework/

lmao.
"

*rubs chin* "okay... the game is already bad. But I just KNOW it could be worse..."

Wonder if there are/will be any games with an XP curve that goes up but then down. Give players quick levels and skills, then slow things down for the middle game, but then speed things back up so they can get any remaining skills without as much grinding.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ThermoPhysical posted:

What about Valhalla at $35 for base game if you've only played AC 1, Black Flag, and Odyssey? I've never kept up with the AC games so I'm not exactly sure how samey they are lately.

For the base game that's probably fine, although it still is entirely way too long. I enjoyed the open world activities in Valhalla, some of the minigames like Orlog were pretty fun, but the RPG progression and dialogue choices were a huge step back from Odyssey if that was your thing. Also the main story is a real snoozefest. But as a timewaster, it could be worse.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

AC Valhalla is a very good game with entirely too much poo poo to do. Play it until you get sick of it then move on.

It bums me out because there’s an incredibly compelling and fun AC game in there but they really need to pull back and FOCUS. Just chop half the poo poo away and really go to town on the core things that make the games so enjoyable. I’m a big AC defender but the bloat is honestly real real rough nowadays. Origins was the last one I finished and genuinely enjoyed start to finish. It had a clear vision and intent from the start and stuck to it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Bugsnax will pretty much win or lose you entirely based on the characters and characterisation of the residents in town. The setting is silly and the design conceit only slightly thicker than paper-thin, although it leverages all of this perfectly into the eventual plot resolution. But, how much you like and are able to care about the people you're wondering around learning stuff about is pretty much the deciding factor. They've all got their baggage and you're here to help them work through it by collecting stuff, and either the characters and their plotlines resonate with you and you're in, or they don't and you're stuck dealing with fairly unremarkable (if entertainingly realized) gameplay for reasons you don't agree with.

Ironically enough, Bugsnax is a story about keeping perspective on what you're trying to accomplish.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Why do I keep getting the urge to buy Demon’s Souls when I’m feeling a bit depressed and aimless and unengaged, it’s the weirdest thing. It keeps popping into my head like a really strong impulse. Which one of you is doing this to me.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

Why do I keep getting the urge to buy Demons Souls when Im feeling a bit depressed and aimless and unengaged, its the weirdest thing. It keeps popping into my head like a really strong impulse. Which one of you is doing this to me.

Those are called intrusive thoughts and you should ignore them because they're same thoughts that make you suddenly wonder "what if I just jumped off this bridge?" or "I should play Bad Rats"

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Why do I keep getting the urge to buy Demon’s Souls when I’m feeling a bit depressed and aimless and unengaged, it’s the weirdest thing. It keeps popping into my head like a really strong impulse. Which one of you is doing this to me.

The Maiden in Black is summoning your lost soul into the Nexus and assigning it the purpose of luring the Old One back to its slumber. Might as well play along IMO

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HonorableTB posted:

Those are called intrusive thoughts and you should ignore them because they're same thoughts that make you suddenly wonder "what if I just jumped off this bridge?" or "I should play Bad Rats"

Hmm, can't decide whether to buy the Vergil DLC or suddenly and vividly remember every dumb thing I ever said to a girl in middle school.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Hmm, can't decide whether to buy the Vergil DLC or suddenly and vividly remember every dumb thing I ever said to a girl in middle school.

Same

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

acksplode posted:

The Maiden in Black is summoning your lost soul into the Nexus and assigning it the purpose of luring the Old One back to its slumber. Might as well play along IMO

So the world might be mended. :unsmith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Tbh the type of game that demands a little more from the player than the average game probably wouldn't a half bad idea for that mind state. I find them to be some of the easiest games to get absorbed into.

Either that or go on a nice hike or something.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh the type of game that demands a little more from the player than the average game probably wouldn't a half bad idea for that mind state. I find them to be some of the easiest games to get absorbed into.

Either that or go on a nice hike or something.

Getting up the energy to go on a hike is the Dark Souls of being depressed

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Demon Souls was good but after years of being just complete trash at pvp in souls games, it was super cool to play when that one sword was bugged and would one shot everything and gently caress you xXxDickxXxSlicerxXx88 not this time!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Colonel Whitey posted:

Getting up the energy to go on a hike is the Dark Souls of being depressed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bugsnax looks like something designed by British weirdos but it's by the Octodad devs who are based out of Chicago. It's confusing

I thought Octodad was more entertaining, but I got nothin against Bugsnax. It's just a little ...docile for me

fridge corn posted:

This was pretty much me for the entire ps3 generation and now I'm a member of da bloodborne boyz and the bugsnax pak!

AND the monhonkers! AND the creepy anime highschool crew!

what a world we live in, where people can change for the better! :3:

Kilometers Davis posted:

I mean, it's an amazing experience. :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wanted to like Bugsnax but rarely enjoy 1st person perspectives. It really didn't work for me in Bugsnax.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmA1uC0r9A

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is funny, I made the Bloodborne Boyz tag about two years before I properly played Bloodborne. I guess it was always destined for me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My sister's fiance got a hold of a PS5 for me so looks like I'm joining the crew sooner than anticipated :popeye:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

They are adding stock every 10 minutes or so check again soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My sister's fiance got a hold of a PS5 for me so looks like I'm joining the crew sooner than anticipated :popeye:

Hell yeah

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If he's trying to buy your approval through a bribe gift of a PS5 that's a smart man, make him your spymaster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HonorableTB posted:

If he's trying to buy your approval through a bribe gift of a PS5 that's a smart man, make him your spymaster

I mean I'm paying for it lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

They are adding stock every 10 minutes or so check again soon.

Two more whiffs, and I am being told by folks the last time they tried Wal-Mart they had their orders autocanceled out of nowhere even when they got through.

In any case why do I even have any hope I will have any luck in an unprotected storefront being attacked by thousands of bots every millisecond, I am a mote of dust in the whirlwhind.

I hate the Sony Corporation. The decision to launch a new console in this Time of Troubles was despicably short-sighted and incredibly stupid, and they should all be punished for it

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Woo! Managed to grab a disc PS5. I'm pretty happy about that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

AND the monhonkers! AND the creepy anime highschool crew!

I've been practicing my perfect rush combo and I love SnS even more now. Made a new weapon and working on another armour set to go with it :3:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Approaching one and a half hours of being in a perpetual fight-or-flight stance, "the world is a vampire" is selling this short, might be more accurate to say the world is a stimpire

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

lmao

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was able to get like 5 PS5s you guys aren't trying hard enough

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Everyone shut up. I got a PS5 ordered from walmart. Assuming they don't cancel it I should have it delivered in 5.5 weeks. Hurray.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
If it helps, I got it through the Walmart app. The website was nonsense. Everyone try the app.

Kamaitachi
Feb 20, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Snagged a disc, using the product page seemed to work better than the “Add to Cart” direct link which kept getting Forbidden error.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Finally got a disk at the 3:30 Walmart drop. Shows arriving next Tuesday.

I guess it's time for me to buy a 4k TV then, huh?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Approaching one and a half hours of being in a perpetual fight-or-flight stance, "the world is a vampire" is selling this short, might be more accurate to say the world is a stimpire

youre the joker now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Congratulations, 12 waves and I got nothing, see you in the next one

Gamefly is sending out emails saying they are holding stock for subscribers and i fuckin missed the last one because it went to my promotions filter at like 4am so now I have that set to priority, that might be my only hope

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I got to see "there was an error adding this item to your cart, try again" x5 -> "we could not add this item to your cart because it has sold out" a whole bunch of times today! And now that I'm home so I can use my PC instead of my phone, they're done with additional waves.

Some sort of waiting list would sure be nice.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Kamaitachi posted:

Snagged a disc, using the product page seemed to work better than the “Add to Cart” direct link which kept getting Forbidden error.

Just for other folks: I read somewhere WM disabled purchases straight through that direct link, in an effort to stymie bots. Around the same time where they were disabling second and above purchases to the same address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I've been practicing my perfect rush combo and I love SnS even more now. Made a new weapon and working on another armour set to go with it :3:

I'm really happy you ended up liking it!