Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

The alumni of one of Texas' esteemed institutes of higher learning and football are Very Mad now because the school decided to stop singing the racist post-game song.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/01/ut-eyes-of-texas-donors-emails/
"The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the livelong day.
The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them
At night or early in the morn --
The Eyes of Texas are upon you
Til Gabriel blows his horn."

To the tune of I've been working on the railroad. UT is loving filth and I hope someone burns down the school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

lol your friend is a blank slate and takes on the thoughts of people around him

He's a good guy and a good friend and I believe if all cops were like him we'd be better off but :shrug: sucks

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

The alumni of one of Texas' esteemed institutes of higher learning and football are Very Mad now because the school decided to stop singing the racist post-game song.

jfc

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Animal-Mother posted:

quote:

graduated in 1986

quote:

graduated in 1986

quote:

graduated in 1986

I'm sorry I can't get over this date

Graduated in 1986

Uses terms "the blacks" and tells them to move out of Texas

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Biden, nuke Texas immediately

There has never been a better time

DO IT

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

The song — played to the tune of "I’ve been working on the railroad" — was historically performed at campus minstrel shows, and the title is linked to a saying from Confederate Army Commander Robert E. Lee.

:psyduck: holy poo poo I had no idea. They literally told us that the song is based off some dumb poo poo an old school president used to say lmao

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

It's borderline pathologic, like an actual disease that happens from brain rot or something

No, it happens from the brain not properly evolving pass the monkey stage and into the brain of a proper human being. They are sub-human monkeys.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Is this like that time reddit bought gamestop and the numbers kept going up? How do I invest in texas covid numbers? I want to be on the ground floor this time since I missed out on gamestop and bitcoin!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Digital Prophet posted:

Is this like that time reddit bought gamestop and the numbers kept going up? How do I invest in texas covid numbers? I want to be on the ground floor this time since I missed out on gamestop and bitcoin!

All you have to do is post

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i went to san antonio for a week in jan 2020 and it was deeply ok

that’s my texas story

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ruddiger posted:

adios muchachos

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Leave the CHUDS, take the kolaches.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/Olive00Val/status/1367312255285669889

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1367346848139214848

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1367219499485773826

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1367167920024002560

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Don't worry, when numbers inevitably go up, it turns out it will NOT be the governor's fault.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1367243450140086274?s=20

(Jesus loving Christ)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Don't worry, when numbers inevitably go up, it turns out it will NOT be the governor's fault.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1367243450140086274?s=20

(Jesus loving Christ)

what a loving piece of poo poo

cool way to victimise the most vulnerable and use them as scapegoats to deflect from your craven selfishness

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this really fucks my poo poo up too. these nurses and other health workers are heroes who have been under enormous pressure for 12 months without a break and they are just shat on continuously by a political class that doesn't give a single gently caress about them

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
"I have been saying callous and amazingly wrong things for years, let's just keep rolling down the hill with it. Surely it won't lead to to that tire fire everyone can see down there. No I'm not sending vulnerable citizens into certain death. This is all their fault anyway!"

That oak tree should have fallen on him harder. What a pathetic sadistic fuckhead.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I can't do the folded-arms "they deserve it, they voted for these people" gloating poo poo on this. Even the biggest misanthrope knows there's a lot of people in Texas who don't deserve to die - some have already and some will because of this dumbass decision.

The fact that the political system is built to insulate its own from the consequences of their lovely decisions doesn't make it just when the consequences rain down on non powerful people.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It's a level beyond genocide, it's omnicide, death to everyone but you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Texas is reporting 8k new cases daily and account for almost 10% of all cases in the US.

OPENER UP :911:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Big state, big loss of life

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Gentle Autist posted:

this really fucks my poo poo up too. these nurses and other health workers are heroes who have been under enormous pressure for 12 months without a break and they are just shat on continuously by a political class that doesn't give a single gently caress about them

I'm a nurse on admin leave right now for exactly this. It just feels like it never ends. At the beginning, it was terrifying but we were all so focused - it was exhilarating at times. We wanted to work as much as we could - I told someone early on "my income right now is only limited by hospital policy and my ability to stay conscious."

By April and May, it was people telling us that we "drank the kool-aid" about the "china virus," refusing to wear masks, patients dying with no family there, having related health issues after, but loving cocksucking Republicans and their fake virus/illegal immigrant/whatever bullshit just kept on rolling. I'd love to take them to see a kid on ECMO so they can see what the shitbag state does to people.

(I'm getting better, therapy is good and my therapist is incredible, etc etc)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm a nurse on admin leave right now for exactly this. It just feels like it never ends. At the beginning, it was terrifying but we were all so focused - it was exhilarating at times. We wanted to work as much as we could - I told someone early on "my income right now is only limited by hospital policy and my ability to stay conscious."

By April and May, it was people telling us that we "drank the kool-aid" about the "china virus," refusing to wear masks, patients dying with no family there, having related health issues after, but loving cocksucking Republicans and their fake virus/illegal immigrant/whatever bullshit just kept on rolling. I'd love to take them to see a kid on ECMO so they can see what the shitbag state does to people.

(I'm getting better, therapy is good and my therapist is incredible, etc etc)

Hey hey hey, let’s not get the good name of cocksucking sullied by mixing it up with Republicans.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hell yea Texas thread.

Stealing a vax from an old tomorrow and doing my part.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Any ideas where the first superspreader events will take place? My money is on a big sporting event.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Its Happening! posted:

Any ideas where the first superspreader events will take place? My money is on a big sporting event.

Bars are gonna loving EXPLODE with covid

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Its Happening! posted:

Absolutely something at Jerryworld

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Brisket place is probably a solid bet too.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Its Happening! posted:

Brisket place is probably a solid bet too.

The line at Franklin's might just get shorter

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Please tell me Central Market is being good about this and making people wear masks.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

Please tell me Central Market is being good about this and making people wear masks.

their statement about it said their employees still have to wear masks, then politely asked customers to pretty please still wear them

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Hello from FL. you guys too huh? hosed

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah FL got around this kind of bad publicity by never doing poo poo about covid in the first place.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Smugworth posted:

The line at Franklin's might just get shorter
Franklin's has boring food. Maybe I only hated it because it was just okay bbq that I had to stand around for four goddamn hours listening to Jim Bubba and Joesephus from up near Paris but "not the one in Eurupe ahuk!" talk about the caravan of Lotharios a comin' ta take our womens or what the poo poo ever so I was angry hungry and also tired and sunburnt but goddamnit it was bland smoke. It was juicy but the smoke wasn't great and the sausage was greasy. I didn't like the sides. Not one. I pouted about it in the car for a while.

Anyway maybe the wait at Valentina's won't be so bad now. Aw. I'm sad again.

The X-man cometh posted:

I work at HEB. Social pressure has all the customers wearing their masks. Employees are still made to wear a mask and we're still required to offer a mask to anyone not wearing one in the store. We can still have anyone being belligerent about the masks leave. The cop that's always here anyway for shrink is a loving beast about masks and most of the other stores have that guy somewhere. Like you won't get arrested but you can't shop here and you'll be trespassing soon. It'll probably last a month?

I had a guy see my mask and tell me enthusiastically that I don't have to wear one now, daddy said so. I told him I had a cold and didn't want to drip. He thought that sounded like a good idea. I live in the stupidest part of the stupidest state.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 4, 2021

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Our governor is also an idiot rear end in a top hat who seemed to want to obstruct the vaccinations process too

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Xun posted:

:psyduck: holy poo poo I had no idea. They literally told us that the song is based off some dumb poo poo an old school president used to say lmao

I'm just glad he's not on record using the phrase "wet rear end pussy" or we'd have to axe that one too.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Literally purposely murdering people and extending a pandemic to then turn around and say “LOOK WHAT THE DEMOCRATS DID!!!” and half of the (remaining) population will believe them. Excellent country, fantastic job, bravo :golfclap:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah FL got around this kind of bad publicity by never doing poo poo about covid in the first place.

And literally arresting people who were publishing the real numbers! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Scott Walker destroyed Wisconsin and blamed Obama, and he got reelected twice.