Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

however, the idea of "a theory of socio-economic unfairness" does imply that there could be a fair class system

no it doesn't, it implies that there could be socio economic fairness
stop inferring all this poo poo that isn't supported by the words that are written on the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rw2cxFVLg

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
looks boring

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Finally something serious thats not about superheros!

...oh

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Wish it was called White Remorse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is quite the adaptation

the novel is the backstory of jack ryan's mentor. it takes place in the 70s where the main character befriends a sex worker who is soon killed and the main plot is him doing street justice on the pimps and gangs in the city. he kills one guy in a diving chamber by giving him the bends. it's pretty fascist

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
of course

quote:

The film tells the origin story of John Kelly (aka John Clark), a U.S. Navy SEAL, who uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife by Russian soldiers. When Kelly joins forces with fellow SEAL Karen Greer and shadowy CIA officer Robert Ritter, the mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hell we almost had to make the Russians antagonists again cause shadowy Middle Eastern terrorists just didn't have the same oomph, and everyone laughed the 3 times they tried to make it North Korea

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

KomradeX posted:

Hell we almost had to make the Russians antagonists again cause shadowy Middle Eastern terrorists just didn't have the same oomph, and everyone laughed the 3 times they tried to make it North Korea

wasn't the red dawn remake originally gonna be a chinese invasion until they realized oh poo poo they're half our box office and then they just photoshopped the flags to be north korea and called it a day? lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

love 2 criticize countries we invade for using child soldiers and then uncritically valorize our own hypothetical use of child soldiers in the exact same scenario

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

God Hole posted:

wasn't the red dawn remake originally gonna be a chinese invasion until they realized oh poo poo they're half our box office and then they just photoshopped the flags to be north korea and called it a day? lol

Yes, but there are also two videogames Homefront that are pretty much the same idea which is why I said 3 times, but no one probably remembers thise two forgettable shooters from the PS3/360 era

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao i did not finish the book, yikes

quote:

Meanwhile, the CIA try to recruit him following his actions in Vietnam, but due to Kelly's difficult position, they agree to help him escape his legal woes in return for the assassination of the mole who had burned the Vietnam operation. Kelly forces the supposed mole to kill himself, who is an aide to the Special Assistant to the National Security Advisor, inadvertently leaving the real mole, a Senate aide and anti-war activist, in place. He then rushes to complete his vendetta, finally killing Tucker, his mafia associate and other cohorts. Corrupt police Lieutenant Mark Charon is incidentally murdered by the criminals.

Emmet Ryan, the lead police investigator in the series of killings on drug dealers in Baltimore, has finally identified Kelly as the murderer. He confronts him on his boat, where Kelly confesses his crime. He bargains with the detective for one more hour of liberty before being arrested; Ryan agrees, but Kelly later fakes his death by capsizing his boat. He is then rescued by his CIA superiors, who recruit him under his new identity as John Clark.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the new red dawn is hilarious btw but the third act sucks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i say swears online posted:

this is quite the adaptation

the novel is the backstory of jack ryan's mentor. it takes place in the 70s where the main character befriends a sex worker who is soon killed and the main plot is him doing street justice on the pimps and gangs in the city. he kills one guy in a diving chamber by giving him the bends. it's pretty fascist

no this is just some white guy special foces dude who works for jack ryan the james earl jones character is different

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

no this is just some white guy special foces dude who works for jack ryan the james earl jones character is different

sorry he's the mentor character by rainbow six but that's "dink"? i think, not jack ryan

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

lmao i did not finish the book, yikes

Gotta love the ol' anti-war activists are the REAL enemy trope

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
this is the future liberals want
https://twitter.com/drakecereal/status/1367558270961946626?s=19

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Saw that on Facebook awhile ago and all sorts of progr are of course melting down about it, but I heard it's not even from the movie just some artwork

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

It's crazy that someone can be this thickheaded about a simple and correct statement. Being poor is crazy expensive, not least because of only being able to buy shoddy goods. Like, just pretend that instead of specifically cheap and expensive boots he's talking about renting vs owning housing.

ive been very politely trying to drop the subject and then idiots like you come in with posts like this

owning is not better than renting and the widespread belief that it is literally caused the 2008 economic crash

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

ive been very politely trying to drop the subject and then idiots like you come in with posts like this

owning is not better than renting and the widespread belief that it is literally caused the 2008 economic crash

haha is it

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Some Guy TT posted:

oh word?

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

lol

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i never noticed she had completely human legs

my god

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

still showing feet though, disgusting

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sorry he's the mentor character by rainbow six but that's "dink"? i think, not jack ryan

come on bam quit sunking your fathers dink hes got work in the morning

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

I think it is really funny that the go to for making anything less sexy is to give it smaller breasts and baggier clothes.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i wonder what grotesquely illiterate economic analogy someones going to try and own me with next

lets try colleges everyone knows that people with college degrees make more money so surely theres no drawbacks to going into debt to finance your education right

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Let's be honest - the people complaning would gently caress either of those rabbits given the chance.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Judakel posted:

I think it is really funny that the go to for making anything less sexy is to give it smaller breasts and baggier clothes.

But keeping the makeup apparently.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I consider Space Jam the same way I did the live-action segments of the Super Mario Brothers cartoon. It was something that blew my mind when I was 7 years old and now I consider it dumb old attempts at entertainment to wow children (like me).

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

But keeping the makeup apparently.

all nat

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Ah yes, that fundamental Marxist belief that the landlords will always be with us, and that they serve an important function in the economy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i agree being a landlord at all should be illegal in which case no one should be owning homes and the hypothetical situation of owning versus renting doesnt exist

but in the confines of that hypothetical situation whether you should own or rent is largely situational and owning isnt automatically the better option just because rich assholes also own houses

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

but in the confines of that hypothetical situation whether you should own or rent is largely situational and owning isnt automatically the better option just because rich assholes also own houses

you said people buying houses caused the 2008 crash

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

not really seeing how those two statements are in contradiction

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the assertion is extremely wrong

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

like do i really need to walk you through this people who couldnt afford houses were talked into buying them because hot shot real estate assholes and banks convinced them the houses were good long term investments that would pay for themselves the markets got rich and the homeowners got hosed

which part of that series of events suggests to you that owning a home is always good and poor people are kept in poverty via their inability to buy homes

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Anyone here like anime?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

Anyone here like anime?

i'm partial to the OVA お金をくれ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU