Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Guys I can't tell you how much I appreciate these very original jokes about Belgium, they're about as fresh as "lol Americans fat and dumb hurrr". May you be crushed under the nine steel balls of our Atomium.

My Grandfather fought in WWI in Belgium. He was of the opinion that the Germans were welcome to it on the condition that they then had to live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Harsh but fair.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1367545146062102531?s=20

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Look if you've got a better way to answer the question "what is the sound of one hand clapping? " then I, and the Belgian government, would like to hear it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Weird sailboat but okay.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Guys I can't tell you how much I appreciate these very original jokes about Belgium, they're about as fresh as "lol Americans fat and dumb hurrr". May you be crushed under the nine steel balls of our Atomium.

dumb and fat american jokes also never get old tbh

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

:gamefreak:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cocaine Bear posted:

Weird sailboat but okay.

Dickboat

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I've never been able to see magic eye poo poo, can someone tell me what it is?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

For those of us with stupid eyes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

thank you

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I didn't know there's a way for a computer to 'break' the magic eye pictures! How does technology undoes the magic?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

I didn't know there's a way for a computer to 'break' the magic eye pictures! How does technology undoes the magic?

The opposite way it makes it to begin with

The image pattern is there and even if you haven't learned to see it, the computer can!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've always found magic eye very easy but I can't explain how to do it to anybody else. Best I can do is say "look past the image" and somehow it gains depth

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heath posted:

I've always found magic eye very easy but I can't explain how to do it to anybody else. Best I can do is say "look past the image" and somehow it gains depth

I learned how to do it by looking at lovely ones where you could see the image in the pattern. Just kinda focused on it while trying to look past it, and I got it.

Now I just relax my eyes, and I can see it and then bring it into focus.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Cocaine Bear posted:

Weird sailboat but okay.

It's a schooner.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The look past it thing never worked for me, but I realised if I cross my eyes, I focus on a point that is in front of the image, and then I can concentrate and make my eyes focus in on the image even though they're not looking at it. I think that means I get the image going into the page as opposed to coming out of it, but either way, I can see what the images are. Then I get a headache.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i just assume they're all dickbutt and move on

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Magic eyes don't work, anyone who claims to have seen an image in one is a liar

Don't tell me your dumb loving secret method. They don't work, everyone is pretending magic eye pictures are a real thing

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I can only see the magic eye pictures in reverse.

That one was buttdick.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Zetsubou-san posted:

i just assume they're all dickbutt and move on

Occasionally it's goatse, but this is more or less correct.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Memento posted:

The look past it thing never worked for me, but I realised if I cross my eyes, I focus on a point that is in front of the image, and then I can concentrate and make my eyes focus in on the image even though they're not looking at it. I think that means I get the image going into the page as opposed to coming out of it, but either way, I can see what the images are. Then I get a headache.

Crossing eyes is the better and easier way. You can search up cross view magic eye images to find ones that work that way. You can also do the other ones though if you try what people are saying.

Cross view:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

freeedr posted:

Crossing eyes is the better and easier way. You can search up cross view magic eye images to find ones that work that way. You can also do the other ones though if you try what people are saying.

Cross view:

As somebody who can only sort of do the cross-eye method I think this is the first time I’ve actually been able to clearly see and interpret one correctly. :eyepop:

Also, gah! :gonk:

Dewgy has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Mar 5, 2021

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I love how they're the only way Mallrats stays relevant.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

freeedr posted:

Cross view:

Tarantula? I have no issue with normal magic eye poo poo, but I can't make my eyes cross. It took me awhile to make anything happen for that one and it dropped inward instead of popping out, so I can't really tell what it is. And now I have a headache.

Also mallrats was and is awesome

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

freeedr posted:

Cross view:

gently caress

I can see "normal" magic eye poo poo instantly, like I practiced so much when they were first A Thing that I can't not see them anymore

This reverse one gave me instant eyestrain or something

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

iwentdoodie posted:

Tarantula? I have no issue with normal magic eye poo poo, but I can't make my eyes cross. It took me awhile to make anything happen for that one and it dropped inward instead of popping out, so I can't really tell what it is. And now I have a headache.

Also mallrats was and is awesome

It's a scorpion with its tail up

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Heath posted:

It's a scorpion with its tail up

Ah gently caress, thanks. I can see it now, the upper pattern is incredibly hard to see. Before all I could see was the body and legs so I was guessing, it took a lot of focus and moving around to see the tail.

gently caress that style of magic eye.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
This one is pretty good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ante posted:

This one is pretty good

Wow! A painting within a painting!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
poo poo. 35 years old I grew up with Magic Eyes in the sunday comics, my dad always used to see em I never could. "Relax your eyes" yeah yeah "look just past it" yeah yeah never worked. Been on SA since 2003 saw plenty of joke ones never once got any of them.

Tonight I saw dickbutt and it was glorious. I don't know why but it finally clicked, and even the scorpion now I can see. I always figured with magic eyes you saw an outline or something but poo poo I didn't know it could also be in 3D. Mind blown.

If others need help: a fine tune of alcohol and marijuana. NOT A RAW, Salt, pepepr. In it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I don't understand why they don't just say cross your eyes / go walleyed (depending on how it's setup)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tunicate posted:

I don't understand why they don't just say cross your eyes / go walleyed (depending on how it's setup)

Some of the pictures are designed to work this way, and others will be inverted.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Some of the pictures are designed to work this way, and others will be inverted.

walleyed is the opposite of crosseyed

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yOU_C7i16g

:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Heath posted:

Alternatively, you can tell when a magic eye is Loss because you look past it and heal.