Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This is the worst spy movie dialog ever :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
This episode is turning out to be a lot cuter than I expected.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
TV IV › Critical Role (on Twitch/Youtube, yes) - I'm worthless without alcohol, thank you for pointing that out

Really want a coco-no-no right now.

Also, wondering how much that opening natural 20 counterspell ruined whatever Matt had planned out for this episode.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
"I miss hugs....and getting accidentally backhanded by Marisha two or three times every episode" :glomp:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
And this is how Sam plays Scanlan for the endgame.

[/jokes]

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
So, how hard is Sam going to try to get Veth killed on this One Last Job?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears: Yezza

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Paracaidas posted:

And this is how Sam plays Scanlan for the endgame.

[/jokes]

An episode of tearful goodbyes as Veth walks off into the sunset with her family. The remaining Nein head to the nearest tavern to drown their sorrows when....they hear a voice call out, "you there! you lot!"

edit: followed by, "you, little horn girl, what's your name?"

AJA fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 5, 2021

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

AJA posted:

An episode of tearful goodbyes as Veth walks off into the sunset with her family. The remaining Nein head to the nearest tavern to drown their sorrows when....they hear a voice call out, "you there! you lot!"

Sam stares right at Marisha and says "You?!? You aren't even wearing any armor! What purpose could you possibly serve?!?"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It was a bad call.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

AJA posted:

"A cleric? Oh good, a team always needs healing. My wife's a healer! The most valuable thing a cleric can do."

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

oh my god jester talking to the charmed guard actually hosed them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
GO INTO THE HAPPY FUNBAAAAAAALLL

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

takin' my child to the hell plane.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lol players should definitely gamble on Matt not torturing or killing a literal kid. and leave Yezza here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Matt's face owns.

Matt is enjoying this so much

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 5, 2021

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
"Why don't we just talk to them? No?....Ookay"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

How does time work!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

family members will be safer in the Ball.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Wentworth (Wensforth, apparently, no matter how apt Prison Break may end up being to his fate) and Yussa both gonna die

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 5, 2021

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yussa is so hosed due to this haha

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Paracaidas posted:

Wentworth and Yussa both gonna die

We'll see how it pans out :smug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hey they'll finally get the treasure from that Dragon lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh man. If they get sent to the Plane of Fire.

Senokir they are definitely gonna meet from Season 1

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

eke out posted:

astrid knew that she had disappeared and implied she knew the m9 probably were responsible, right? not surprising trent has the same info

It was more than that right? They actually had agents tailing them? They just lost them when they flew over the mountains? I thought I remember something like that happening.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I don't think so. Didn't it sound like Trent didn't know about who killed her.

Trent just said, you don't have to worry about DeRogna anymore.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sooo

do any of them actually know how to plane shift back if they recover spell slots? :v:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Dexo posted:

oh man. If they get sent to the Plane of Fire.

Senokir they are definitely gonna meet from Season 1

I mean its probs a bad call to go to a city were they're likely to get enslaved within minutes of entering but the Mighty Nein does tend to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire a lot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

sooo

do any of them actually know how to plane shift back if they recover spell slots? :v:

Yeah, Caleb/Jester/Cad can planeshift after a long rest.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Abroham Lincoln posted:

oh my god jester talking to the charmed guard actually hosed them.

I love when these goofballs set up a Patented Colville Screw :allears:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

I mean its probs a bad call to go to a city were they're likely to get enslaved within minutes of entering but the Mighty Nein does tend to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire a lot.
Actually it's more like jumping out of a frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into a hot-oiled wok, and then into a deep fryer, and then into a pressure cooker, and then into a forge furnace.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually it's more like jumping out of a frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into another frying pan, and then into a hot-oiled wok, and then into a deep fryer, and then into a pressure cooker, and then into a forge furnace.

There should be a volcano in there somewhere as well

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Overlord K posted:

Yussa is so hosed due to this haha

I'm positive he'll be fine. He's got plausible deniability because he was doing weird Astral projection stuff and didn't know they were there. Plus Trent and his hit squad like to keep a low profile, and killing, capturing, or otherwise harming a guy with some major connections to various mages and political groups is both a high-profile thing to do and not worth the hassle that would result.

It would have been an interesting dynamic if they woke him up, told him the Assembly was after them, and then when they rolled up on his doorstep he was just like "Lol no, gently caress off" and slammed the door on them. I imagine that's more or less how that would've played out, but that also seems like that path would have resulted in them burning literally all the credit and friendship they had with him, whereas this probably just burned ~most of it.

Anyway, upside for the party is that being on a different plane means no one scrying on them for awhile and Trent should have no clue where they're at, or where they will be going, unless he's gone full "I know how magic works and have no morals" and has like 10 decently leveled clerics locked up somewhere so that he can ask loads of yes/no commune questions on demand.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 5, 2021

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Gods dammit. This entire thing is a fiasco.

Just kill the loving eldritch abomination and then kill your shithead mentor, toppling the empire. Don't try and do both at once and certainly don't do it midway though doing one you have to stop and do the other. Why are you murdering all of the people in here "well we can hide from getting scryed on... sometimes, maybe". Just accept that you aren't going to have every advantage, show up and kick the poo poo out of Lucien/ the Somnovum.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I'm positive he'll be fine. He's got plausible deniability because he was doing weird Astral projection stuff and didn't know they were there. Plus Trent and his hit squad like to keep a low profile, and killing, capturing, or otherwise harming a guy with some major connections to various mages and political groups is both a high-profile thing to do and not worth the hassle that would result.

He might be fine, but there's no way they aren't going to strip down his tower for everything valuable before they leave. I don't believe for a second Trent wouldn't be interested in all the stuff he has in there.

At the very least they can never use his tower as a teleport spot for safety again after this, even with the built up good will I'd totally blacklist them after this stunt :v:

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
It's entirely possible that Matt is going to use this as a reason for Trent to go off on his own.

Trent seems very concerned about having to go explain to the Assembly what he's doing. A rogue former agent came in to his off the books torture lab, killed a bunch of his guards, and he couldn't stop them. Then he invaded a friendly nation and the very private wizard tower of a powerful Archmage with his Volstrucker, and still couldn't stop them.

Ludanis doesn't seem to be a fan. There is the wild card of Derogna. But as a very public trial of the Assembly, it could all come crashing down in very interesting ways. Matt could use this to destabilize the entire power structure off screen, without either of the Empire kids having to get involved in trials or anything else while dealing with Aeor.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I just caught up with the new episode and what the actual gently caress is wrong with them? It’s like a Russian nesting doll of terrible plans.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Funzo posted:

I just caught up with the new episode and what the actual gently caress is wrong with them? It’s like a Russian nesting doll of terrible plans.

If the ball-team can beeline the dragon room then they could, in theory, be inside the ball for like 10 minutes - so about an hour and a half realtime. So depending on how generous matt is with that they're out of the picture for a while. Meanwhile the best bet for everyone else looks to be that they arrive on the plane of fire with three civilians. Its kinda outside the remit of the spell, but based on how it was given to them Matt may jiggle how the spell works a little and have them arrive at, or near, someone who may be not instantly hostile and possibly a dragon. With three civilians in tow.

If they don't arrive in the fire plane the other most likelys are various layers of hell and the abyss - though that seems unlikely based on who gave Yussa the scroll.

Having said that, in some ways I suspect they're actually not in too bad a position, if i'm right that they end up where the scrollmaker sent them, rather than where the caster wants them to go, and if the ball plan doesn't go too awry, they'll probably end up in a decent enough position - assuming that wherever they end up can provide them some kind of respite from the heat, if they don't think things could break bad quick the halfling civilians. Jesters mom is in a better spot for dealing with the heat and least.

Once they were in Nicodranus they never had a moment away from the pressure and they let themselves be forced a bit I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Funzo posted:

I mean, you're not wrong in your assessment, but this is also absolutely not anything new. If the DnD'ing of Critical Role were a movie, "a Russian nesting doll of terrible plans" would 100% be the elevator pitch and "what the gently caress is wrong with them?" the tagline.

S2 may append that to "What the gently caress 2: loving what-er?", but it's been a while since I've been back to S1, so I may be off on that.