Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Through the magic of technology I have fully realized a futuristic world where Dark Souls has facial animation.

https://i.imgur.com/BtEVHb3.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That is so weird. Though when I think about it I did spend my whole time attacking on the left hand side of the dragon. It was the easiest boss I faced in Dark Souls just took me a while to whittle his health down.

Also that looks way richer and colourful than I recall it being. I wonder if my tv settings were washed out.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Also, I finished 13 Sentinels over the last week and it was amazing as I expected from all the reports in the GOTY thread. It sure went places. And I know it's literally indelible part of the story but I wish the battles were just not there or something, didn't find them very fun.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
FFX is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLWtrT3Sas

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Kinda want to play ffx again now

The first thing i did when i moved out my mum's house is clear up my new flat while watching my lost in translation dvd on the ps2 then after a hard day's work got a fish supper from across the road and got wasted drunk on magners while playing ffx and i don't think ill ever taste that high again

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Never really liked ffx. The combat system was really good tho, shame about the rest of the game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm liking Cloud more than I was expecting to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Final Fantasy X has the best storyline in the series

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rinkles posted:

I'm liking Cloud more than I was expecting to.

I am notoriously bad at remembering to use any block ability in every game I’ve ever played.

Except FF7R with cloud.

:getin:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I am notoriously bad at remembering to use any block ability in every game I’ve ever played.

Except FF7R with cloud.

:getin:

lol, i actually probably haven't been blocking enough

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

My main complaint so far is how much back and forthing there is for sidequests. I don't mind killing rats in sewers, just don't make the non-action parts take so long.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 5, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rinkles posted:

My main complaint so far is how much back and forthing there is for sidequests. I don't mind killing rats in sewers, just don't the non-action parts take so long.

They're deliberately chill points in the game so you can take a break between the high-speed chases and AVALANCHE escapades.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're deliberately chill points in the game so you can take a break between the high-speed chases and AVALANCHE escapades.

I enjoyed most of the side quests but I think it’s a little lame to lock out certain things if you don’t finish all of them.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Rinkles posted:

lol, i actually probably haven't been blocking enough

It took me like, 3/4ths of the game to realize that pressing triangle to enter punisher mode then holding block with block with R1 will make you automatically counter any physical attack. I guess I skipped over it in the tutorial because I kind of rushed through it after playing the demo weeks before it came out, but it’s useful, I recommend it.

Also that part of the game is a little bloated, it picks up after that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

News to me. I must've skipped/not understood that part of the tutorial as well.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Never really liked ffx. The combat system was really good tho, shame about the rest of the game

I bought FFX HD immediately after playing FF7R and same. I like the combat system, the sphere grid. The game world is beautiful.

But I could not get into anything else. The world didn’t grab me, and I found the characters to be boring.

I got to the battle with Seymour defeated him, then immediately without a chance to save had to fight Anima and got obliterated. Decided “nah I’m not grinding this” and haven’t touched it since.

But I can’t hate on the game too much, I can see why some consider it the best in the series. I have a friend who plays it about once a year and even streams it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Anima is such a crazy design. Its like a fish monster in a straight jacket, I've always loved that thing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I replayed FFX a few years ago, top-tier FF game imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only bad FF is FF3

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FFX is the favourite FF of people whose first FF was FFVII

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I only played one FF and it was Crisis Core. good game imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first FF was 6 and 10 is my favourite

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

My bestie and one of my other friends are big FF fans (they tried to get me into it). They both played FFVII first, but one of them loves FFVI most and the other loves FFIX the most.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

It's one of my favorites and my first FF was the original on NES. Fly away, troll

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Caesar Saladin posted:

Anima is such a crazy design. Its like a fish monster in a straight jacket, I've always loved that thing.

It’s his poor sweet Mum!!

FFX has the best aeon/summon designs for real.

gently caress don’t get me to rebuy this on the switch I... no... the lightning bolts...blitzball... have mercy

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's one of my favorites and my first FF was the original on NES. Fly away, troll

One of your favourites, but is it your actual favourite?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
First Final Fantasy was 7 and it remains the best. 7 8 and 9 are all good though, 10 was alright. 12 is one of the most boring videogames.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

One of your favourites, but is it your actual favourite?

I don't know. My favorite changes all the time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
7,9, & 10 are all extremely good, but while I merely love 7 & 10, I revere FFIX the same way I revere Princess Mononoke, it’s just the absolutely most perfect “JRPG for Bust Rodd” and I think about what its story had to say about destiny, death, and predetermination a lot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s his poor sweet Mum!!

FFX has the best aeon/summon designs for real.

gently caress don’t get me to rebuy this on the switch I... no... the lightning bolts...blitzball... have mercy

blitzball loving owned. do it. buy it again.

(the chocobo race was worse than the lighting bolts)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I stayed up literally all night to play blizball the night i got ff10 and it was very disappointing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Blitzball is extremely fun if you know who has all the best moves and just lol if you played video games without the official Prima or Brady Games strategy guide in the 90’s or early 2000’s, just lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never had a problem with the chocobo race even back in 2001 or whatever. You'll never catch me playing Blitzball besides the one required game though

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Bust Rodd posted:

Blitzball is extremely fun if you know who has all the best moves and just lol if you played video games without the official Prima or Brady Games strategy guide in the 90’s or early 2000’s, just lmao

This is the main problem I had with X-2; you'd miss half the story if you weren't following the strategy guide step-by-step.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bust Rodd posted:

I revere FFIX the same way I revere Princess Mononoke, it’s just the absolutely most perfect “JRPG for Bust Rodd” and I think about what its story had to say about destiny, death, and predetermination a lot.

chocobo hot and cold; i played that for hours

zidane being a cheerful, upbeat sort of trauma survivor is aspirational as opposed to that loving stupid paladin or terra or cloud or fuckw-squall just being tiresomely morose o woe is loving me zidane knows theres a way through it and hes gonna fuckinn find it if its the last thing he ever does and hell drag everyone around him kicking and screaming into fulfillment if he has to

also alexander

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My first final fantasy was 4 and my favourite is 14

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

fridge corn posted:

My first final fantasy was 4 and my favourite is 14

there is no hope for you

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
FFIX is the only one I've never played at all and I think I need to fix that since I finally have the opportunity to on my PS4. I'll have to snag it in the next sale.

Finished the first chapter of FFVIIR last night and I still can't quite believe this was the free game this month. I'm loving everything about it, even though I seem to be very bad at the combat. Cloud was rendered unconscious in the first boss battle, but, with a sliver of health left, Barret managed to pull through with a win. Looking forward to playing this all weekend!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Apathetic Artist posted:

I'm loving everything about it, even though I seem to be very bad at the combat.

Yeah, this is where I am too, I'm not sure when I'm allowed to start blocking/dodging and how the game communicates when that would be a good idea. I can see the enemies calling out their attacks but they always seem to do it when Cloud is already locked into a combo.

I just got my first game over, dying to an incredibly buff dog, and it looks like the story is about to pick up again.

Discovery quests are basically optional character moments, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So glad it is Friday. More dark souls than on a school night tonight :)