Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

feedmyleg posted:

My brain can't really accept that the shot at 11:41 is from real life and not a sci-fi movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODY6JWzS8WU

e: why the heck can't I embed a video with a timecode?

This, along with the video and audio footage from Mars, mixed with me ever-so-slowly working my way through the latest season of The Expanse, has really made me feel like we're at the infant stage of some historical arc, whereas before I've always felt I was at the tip of the historical needle. I feel like I suspect they must have felt when the Wright Brothers went up for the first time. Like if Picard was going to go back in time it might be to where we're at.

For a bit of substance at the top of the page, I watched Possessor last night and, while I rolled my eyes at the sledgehammer subtlety of it all, it definitely stuck with me. I loved how the split-personality thing was made so squelchily material, as opposed to being merely in the abstract.

I could google this, but I'll ask here, I have a handful of football (soccer), video-game and chapo podcasts which just about get me through my weekly commute, but what do people recommend in terms of movie podcasts? For reference, I really loved when the Chapo nerds over-analysed Avatar and talked about the best "trump era' movies.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think their dad has primary custody, but those kids are 14 and 15. They're plenty old enough to understand what's going on and it seems like shockingly enough Kevin loving Federline is a normal and decent dad so at least they got that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Everything about that family seems nuts. I just hope whoever controls the money takes care of her two kids and gives them close to a stable life.

Half the point of the documentary that that isn't happening. Her Dad is just bleeding her for her intellectual property.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's super hosed up that Justin Timberlake accidently derailed two different female singers when they were close or at their peak, and we all think it's fine because he made that "dick in a box" video for SNL.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skwirl posted:

It's super hosed up that Justin Timberlake accidently derailed two different female singers when they were close or at their peak, and we all think it's fine because he made that "dick in a box" video for SNL.

Are we supposed to hate him? Is it a huge shock that 2 dumb teenage stars in the entertainment industry were boning? Was that even "surprising" 20 years ago or whenever it was? Like thats still outrageous by 2021 standards? With Janet Jackson she was almost 40 when the superbowl thing happened. She didnt have enough clout to say "na im not doing that" by that age or fully understand what she had to lose/gain by doing it? I dont get what penance people are looking for with this guy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

He hasn't done the damage that Fez did in the mid 2000s. At least no one gives a poo poo about Fez.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Hey does anyone know anywhere I can find Ben Wheatley's earlier viral stuff like Cunning Stunts or a list of his vfx/animation jobs?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Simiain posted:

This, along with the video and audio footage from Mars, mixed with me ever-so-slowly working my way through the latest season of The Expanse, has really made me feel like we're at the infant stage of some historical arc, whereas before I've always felt I was at the tip of the historical needle. I feel like I suspect they must have felt when the Wright Brothers went up for the first time. Like if Picard was going to go back in time it might be to where we're at.

Just for the record, that SpaceX rocket blew up a couple minutes after landing. We're not There yet, especially not with richest man in the world and reddit-brained egomaniac Elon Musk at the helm.

Skwirl posted:

Half the point of the documentary that that isn't happening. Her Dad is just bleeding her for her intellectual property.

I haven't watched the documentary, but I know her dad is unbelievably controlling and still has a say in what she eats, how she exercises, etc.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Are we supposed to hate him? Is it a huge shock that 2 dumb teenage stars in the entertainment industry were boning? Was that even "surprising" 20 years ago or whenever it was? Like thats still outrageous by 2021 standards? With Janet Jackson she was almost 40 when the superbowl thing happened. She didnt have enough clout to say "na im not doing that" by that age or fully understand what she had to lose/gain by doing it? I dont get what penance people are looking for with this guy.

I'm not saying we should hate him, I'm saying we, as a society, should examine why he's beloved and Britney and Janet aren't to the same degree and have a good long hard look at ourself.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Here's the drat Gothic Industrial Brittney remix.

https://soundcloud.com/duskimpending/hit-me-remix

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Baron von Eevl posted:

Here's the drat Gothic Industrial Brittney remix.

https://soundcloud.com/duskimpending/hit-me-remix

nice nice nice

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This volcano is being a real tease.

Still no eruption.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

I'm not saying we should hate him, I'm saying we, as a society, should examine why he's beloved and Britney and Janet aren't to the same degree and have a good long hard look at ourself.

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying because you're 100% right. However, gays loving LOVE Britney Spears. I don't remember the last time I heard someone mention Justin Timberlake but oh god, if you walked into a gay bar and yelled "Britney Spears sucks!" I hope you've prepared to meet your maker.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying because you're 100% right. However, gays loving LOVE Britney Spears. I don't remember the last time I heard someone mention Justin Timberlake but oh god, if you walked into a gay bar and yelled "Britney Spears sucks!" I hope you've prepared to meet your maker.

Yeah, I was speaking about straight white cis culture because that's the one I'm most familiar with. I should probably be better about clarifying that because it's a big and often incorrect assumption on my part that everyone on this forum is coming from the same cultural framework I do.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I was speaking about straight white cis culture because that's the one I'm most familiar with. I should probably be better about clarifying that because it's a big and often incorrect assumption on my part that everyone on this forum is coming from the same cultural framework I do.

I just thought it was funny because I pictured someone talking poo poo about Britney and immediately thought "Oh god, they will come for you.".

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

I want to see this version of Green Room.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Everyone wants to talk about how Lola Bunny got de-sexified but I want to talk about why she's wearing a compression sleeve. You're telling me sports injuries are real in Looney Tunes but you can get an anvil dropped on you, sandwich into an accordion and be just fine :05 later?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shrecknet posted:

Everyone wants to talk about how Lola Bunny got de-sexified but I want to talk about why she's wearing a compression sleeve. You're telling me sports injuries are real in Looney Tunes but you can get an anvil dropped on you, sandwich into an accordion and be just fine :05 later?

It's inconsistent but injuries that last longer than 3 seconds and medicine exist in the looney tunes universe.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A furry wrote this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPL593H posted:

just asked my brother about this and he said "if you don't like Britney you're not gay, end of story." he's a trusted authority on these matters so take heed, posters, Do Not gently caress With Britney

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man, The Legend of Billie Jean is so much fun. I love when a movie is just a dang blast. Any other similar reccs? Streets of Fire also comes to mind.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Jay Johnston from Mr. Show straight up stormed the capitol, incredible

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Man, The Legend of Billie Jean is so much fun. I love when a movie is just a dang blast. Any other similar reccs? Streets of Fire also comes to mind.

Now I have that loving song stuck in my head.

The Peccadillo posted:

Is that really him?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Is that really him?

Tim Heidecker seems to think so

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1367714098473881610

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I wonder if he broke in expecting there to be a thimble collection he could destroy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shrecknet posted:

A furry wrote this

Pls don't sign your posts

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

CPL593H posted:

I wonder if he broke in expecting there to be a thimble collection he could destroy.

I'd never seen this one, amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyrM7GxyzGg

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

That whole episode is great. These two lead into each other with the thimble one coming after them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqjBbpS3HW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6N-X8bTC8

It's probably one of the best episodes of the whole series.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

This gonna sound insane but the same director also did a movie called Bingo, which is purportedly a family dog movie but actually one of the wildest things you'll ever see. Like in the first 10 minutes the dog gets PTSD, nearly killed by two people, fights a bear, and gives a kid CPR. It's loving nuts

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Peccadillo posted:

It sucks that he’s actually Jimmy Pesto irl!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shrecknet posted:

The de-sexification is disappointing what whatevs.

Horny is on the outs in the movie industry.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gatts posted:

The de-sexification is disappointing

Why?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Why not? I’m not aware the original was a problem in the first place. It doesn’t matter since I’m not huge on space jam but it seems to be correcting a problem I’m not aware was there and stating something is wrong with sexuality. Feels very Puritan.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rabbits don't have tits. It's exploitative and gross.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I think they have like ten

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Jessica Rabbit would like to disagree.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
This isn’t a new phenomenon; Bugs Bunny was hanging massive dong before the Hayes Code.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I mean, real rabbits don’t survive anvils to the head or dress in drag and perform opera either

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

feedmyleg posted:

Rabbits are also not bipedal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't recall a deeply troubling history of bipedal exploitation plaguing our society