Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oyster mushrooms in hot and sour soup make the hot and sour soup taste like oysters. I have inadvertently discovered vegan canned seafood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/v4OtLR0.gifv

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Had fresh mackerel fillets tonight. Just pan fried with a little oil until the skin's crispy, nothing better.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Lunch, Baltic style:

naem
May 29, 2011

barbecue at the folks posted:

Lunch, Baltic style:

https://i.imgur.com/0tYhijC.gifv

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

What's all up in that bread? Herby butter stuff?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Looks like garlic and a lot of it.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/qwt28fO.mp4

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sound is most definitely required.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Looks like garlic and a lot of it.

Just silly amounts of garlic. Man, I'm all out of sprats, gotta pop out to the store for my fix.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I just ate a tin of seasons on a slightly stale roll with two slices of pickle and a grip of mayonnaise over the sink

pure dad power

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

In Croatia for work. The galley gave me 20 lbs of onions. May as well save a few bucks. Bought a local can of sardines and some “American bread” (the loaf is huge compared to the regular version).

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

butter garlic dill and lemon juice poured over a can of ko mackerel. parsley for garnish

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
nice

I had cous cous dines balsamic and artichoke hearts all mixed up w some roasted red pepper and tomato

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Fish Tacos

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

not directly 'dine related, but one of the local beer brewers brews, as part of their soda line, a lemon lime and hop soda. it's kinda like beer flavored soda, so now I have dad soda to go with my dad candies like horehound and fisherman's friends

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

The Voice of Labor posted:

not directly 'dine related, but one of the local beer brewers brews, as part of their soda line, a lemon lime and hop soda. it's kinda like beer flavored soda, so now I have dad soda to go with my dad candies like horehound and fisherman's friends

Lagunitas has a hop seltzer that’s really good too. Tastes like pineapple and is actually not really bitter. Only problem is it’s pretty expensive, which makes it less conducive to drinking with impunity, which is what seltzer is for.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/wV2CF2WWGFQ
https://youtu.be/UxvzjrDE1Kk

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

i own every Bionicle posted:

Lagunitas has a hop seltzer that’s really good too. Tastes like pineapple and is actually not really bitter. Only problem is it’s pretty expensive, which makes it less conducive to drinking with impunity, which is what seltzer is for.

I've only seen that at a Total Wine, but yeah, I remember a 4-pack being $12-$16 which is the price of a decent 6-pack of real-rear end beer.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

craving some pickled herrings

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I should eat some pickled herring on triscuits right now.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

numberoneposter posted:

craving some pickled herrings

This is one of the things I miss most about IKEA. Whole cooler full of pickled herring in any sauce you wanted.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jet Jaguar posted:

This is one of the things I miss most about IKEA. Whole cooler full of pickled herring in any sauce you wanted.

ANY sauce???

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

horehound rules. I went through a 10lb bag during the first good chunk of the pandemic

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Jet Jaguar posted:

Don't they just have it at your grocery store? I'm in the midwest, but anywhere I've been always has at least a small selection.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The IKEA near me still has their little grocery market open near their exit registers if you want to grab foodstuffs; did the one near you close that part?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

What up 'dine thread

Got these in today. Not sure which to try first. Sorry about the shadows, overhead light in the kitchen and all is not conducive to pretty photogs.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Previa_fun posted:

What up 'dine thread

Got these in today. Not sure which to try first. Sorry about the shadows, overhead light in the kitchen and all is not conducive to pretty photogs.

I’ve never been disappointed with what’s inside a sardine tin with great artwork

Or one from Morocco or Portugal

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I had the spiced sardines in olive oil for dinner and hot drat they were good. Definitely gonna order some more Nuris on those alone. I'm curious about the tomato sauce varieties because until now the only tomato sauce 'dines I've tried were cheap Beach Cliffs.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've had the tomato Nuri's in shakshouka. It was good.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm gonna have the riga gold fried brisling sardines in tomato sauce probably with or on sourdough tomorrow for breakfast. we'll see how that goes

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

What up 'dine thread

Spiced olive oil is my favorite, but can't go wrong with any of them.

https://youtu.be/jpTwHAt0Zxw

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the riga gold fried brisling sardines in tomato sauce sucked. the sauce was basically a really sweet tomato paste.

would've been o.k. for making putenesca or whatever, but absolutely no good for eating out of the can, had to douse it in lemon pepper and salt to eat it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

oyster mushrooms in hot and sour soup make the hot and sour soup taste like oysters. I have inadvertently discovered vegan canned seafood

cut them across the stem into coin shapes and saute them in butter - vegetarian scallops.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Usually I default to dines in olive oil as I dont trust whatever sauce they come in and I sauce them up myself.

Doc said I'm a little high (heh) on the LDL so I gotta up my dine intake so that's what I'm'a'doin

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Anchovies go into puttanesca, goons, not sardines.
They're they're to add pungency that sardines don't offer (umami)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in the tinned fish cookbook by bart van olphen which is a real book with photos and everything and not something I made up at all the puttanesca recipe calls for choves and tuna. no one is denying the inclusion of the chove, but I'm reasonably certain that fish in addition to the chove is kinda expected

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

in the tinned fish cookbook by bart van olphen which is a real book with photos and everything and not something I made up at all the puttanesca recipe calls for choves and tuna. no one is denying the inclusion of the chove, but I'm reasonably certain that fish in addition to the chove is kinda expected

I have that book on my wish list, any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Anchovies go into puttanesca, goons, not sardines.
They're they're to add pungency that sardines don't offer (umami)

Why not both