Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

hatty posted:

Annoying shippers are getting real riled up over the leaks none seem too happy

Let us hope leaks are real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

hatty posted:

Bless.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The korean raws are out. It's uh... certainly something all right.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm very curious to see what the reception to this will be. People had such crazy takes on what they thought the story was about and who they thought Eren was, and that all should be totally upended by what we're seeing.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

No Wave posted:

I'm very curious to see what the reception to this will be. People had such crazy takes on what they thought the story was about and who they thought Eren was, and that all should be totally upended by what we're seeing.

The last panel in particular. Why is Ymir smiling? Also this series of events makes Mikasa out to be a delusional, yandere, necrophiliac, which is not really where I saw this going. I can't see how anyone is happy with this, and I don't even care about Mikasa.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
it seemed more like that was Mikasa’s wish rather than Eren’s but I can’t read Korean, she’s coming off as somewhat unhinged making out with a bloody head and all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

mightygerm posted:

The last panel in particular. Why is Ymir smiling? Also this series of events makes Mikasa out to be a delusional, yandere, necrophiliac, which is not really where I saw this going. I can't see how anyone is happy with this, and I don't even care about Mikasa.
I don't think she's either of those things. My understanding is she was shown a potential future where she and Eren waited out his four years together and left Paradis to its fate and it wasn't right. She loves Eren but was the only person who could kill him to reverse the titanization (ok, Levi could have but it would have been less dramatic).

As for her kissing him, she's not like frenching him. I mean it's weirder than kissing him on the forehead but it's her way of saying goodbye and admitting she loved him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

so actual korean scans are out somewhere?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

so actual korean scans are out somewhere?
Yes - these black bars may no longer be speculation. I'll stop posting about it though, and I probably shouldn't have in the first place.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It's untranslated and there's still one more chapter to go but I legitimately don't know what to think the purposes of the Warhammer consumption, the baby, Historia being written out all this time, the new kids, etc were. The world has been made so complicated that there were so many outs and potential foreshadowings that it's weird that many are actually just face value (for now).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
wonder if the Historia baby stuff was a red herring and the farmer really is the father.I would’ve been revealed by now I think if it were otherwise

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently killing Eren now should turn all the Titans back into humans.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently killing Eren now should turn all the Titans back into humans.

Huh why? Thought that was all wormboy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

Huh why? Thought that was all wormboy

Apparently they are connected somehow. I don’t know the details.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hatty posted:

lol good

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The only ship I like is Jean x Pieck and it's looking good. (I still don't understand why people grew attached to the idea of Eren inseminating Historia... it's just weird... but I guess I can't count it out totally yet.)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 5, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its really funny that Mikasa and Armin both finish their arcs by killing Eren, hopefully he survives so Connie and the rest can have a whack at him

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

:thunk:

I do like Isayama flexing by releasing this chapter so that it coincides with the airing of the next episode of the anime, which will no doubt feature the gas attack in Ragako and the scene where Eren tells Mikasa he hates her and beats up Armin.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

how the hell do you wrap this up in one chapter

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

bees x1000 posted:

how the hell do you wrap this up in one chapter

Huge timeskip and an Armin monologue for 500 pages.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Final chapter picks up with Eren’s dying thoughts with him suddenly reverting to his pre-time skip appearance then we cut to a Bearded Titan standing in front of a traumatized Armin as it reaches out its arm to grab him

~Fin~

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
:siren: https://m.imgur.com/a/nT1fsUc :siren:

Speed scans out fear spoilers no longer

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

138. Speed translation.
https://imgur.com/a/nT1fsUc

As the kids say nowadays, that was kino.

is that an alternative timeline that Eren had access too??

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

well then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gotta say the giant rampaging evil centipede is a bit eh considering.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Really curious how the hell the last chapter's gonna put a bow on this.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
evil worm is completely unnecessary, just seems like a cheap way to raise the stakes by turning everyone into titans then undoing it once it dies. Colossal warhammer Eren is threatening enough on his own

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ATP_Power posted:

Really curious how the hell the last chapter's gonna put a bow on this.

I am guessing the Centipede will die and all the Titans will either die or turn back into Humans. Hopefully the later. And with that the threat of the Titans will come to an end. Then some epilogue stuff.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

hatty posted:

evil worm is completely unnecessary, just seems like a cheap way to raise the stakes by turning everyone into titans then undoing it once it dies. Colossal warhammer Eren is threatening enough on his own

I think the important thing is that it had to appear to make clear it can't be killed so they HAVE to kill Eren instead. No other way.

But yeah, the whole 'oh noes everyone is a Titan!' moment is a bit hollow because surely next chapter all titans will revert back. Ymir will gently caress off or whatever, no more titan transformations for you.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
What's with the falco scream?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I do not understand why the worm had to exist outside of Ymir's flashback. Like was Eren's plan all along to kill the worm after taking out Marley? Has it just always lived inside the Founding Titan? It just cheapens the human conflicts at play here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I do not understand why the worm had to exist outside of Ymir's flashback. Like was Eren's plan all along to kill the worm after taking out Marley? Has it just always lived inside the Founding Titan? It just cheapens the human conflicts at play here.

It seems to be there so the other Titans have something to punch while the relevant Titans take on Erin.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

After reading the subs, this felt really underwhelming.

It honestly feels like Isayama just wanted to end the series as quickly as possible. I really don't like the addition of the worm thing as the surprise final boss, and we all know these titanizations are going to get reverted next chapter, this is just cheap shock value.
I also feel really baited by everything post timeskip, and especially 123. The only reason to hide and dripfeed stuff like Eren and Historia's POV and the last future memory was to build up to some big "Just As Planned" moment in the finale where it tied everything together. Now it just seems like there was no plan, future memories are either gone or retconned, Eren killing all these people was doubly pointless, Historia pregnancy and offscreening is probably pointless as well. Mikasa comes off as creepy instead of freeing herself from Eren's influence, not to mention the Hizuru stuff that went nowhere. The Marleyans in the fort will no doubt survive being surrounded by dozens of pure titan transformations, and will miraculously see the error of their ways and make up with the Eldians. And what the gently caress has been going on with Ymir this whole time?

It's already been confirmed that the final chapter is 45 pages, so I'm not holding out hope for an extended epilogue either.

I'm not even going to rehash all the inconsistences in powers and abilities that even led to this point, its just so disappointing. I was really hoping to avoid another GoT.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was gonna post a few days ago that this is the make or break chapter for the series. It all needed to be tied up and instead we got, I dunno what this is. The worm thing hasn't been explained enough and it feels like half the open plot points have just been forgotten.

Everything felt so rushed this chapter because they had no time to expand on anything new.

Really weird decision.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I dunno if this is going to be Bleach levels of “oh my god I have to wrap this up in how many pages??”

But uh... this.. this really seems like a lot to wrap up in 45 more pages

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I think Isayama changed his mind on the direction of the ending. It’s disappointing but I’ve found entertainment once I stopped expecting payoffs.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

He could definitely do a longer final chapter I don't think he's limited to the normal page count if he needs like 60-some pages to do it.

I'll be interested to see how this wraps up in one chapter but I have faith.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

I dunno if this is going to be Bleach levels of “oh my god I have to wrap this up in how many pages??”

But uh... this.. this really seems like a lot to wrap up in 45 more pages

It does, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but North by Northwest and Chainsaw Man have taught me just how fast you can make a good conclusion.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Here’s how I feel the ending would go
bird eats worm
Falco Whispers “no more titans” and all titans die/get reverted
Everyone hugs while Ymir looks on creepily
Historia gives birth has one line
Farmer holds Bab and says you’re free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Mikasa out here kissing the Beetlejuice snake. What the gently caress lmao

I don't think this is sticking the landing but I wouldn't mind if the last chapter was "yeah everybody's dead. Go home."