Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Is that Inko standing in the hallway with Uraraka and Iida? It must be, but I'm surprised she was willing to leave Deku's room and let All Might be the one sitting next to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CuwiKhons posted:

Is that Inko standing in the hallway with Uraraka and Iida? It must be, but I'm surprised she was willing to leave Deku's room and let All Might be the one sitting next to him.

It's not, hairstyle is completely different and it looks whoever that is is holding some sort of clipboard so a nurse maybe?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

"Ten thousand" could also be "myriad" or "a huge number of," couldn't it? I know that's a common idiom.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nessus posted:

"Ten thousand" could also be "myriad" or "a huge number of," couldn't it? I know that's a common idiom.

Depends on how its written it could mean "Thousands" or literally 10 thousand.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I will never not love the fact that Best Jeanist remembers and uses Bakugou's full hero name :allears:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
There’s a lot of good hero names, but really nothings gonna top Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight. It’s so good...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mikl posted:

I will never not love the fact that Best Jeanist remembers and uses Bakugou's full hero name :allears:

He might not fully approve of how bold and inelegant the name is, but he does support his pupil fully.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Last Celebration posted:

There’s a lot of good hero names, but really nothings gonna top Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight. It’s so good...

Oh what, so I Can Not Stop Twinkling was “too long” but this is fine somehow?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

christmas boots posted:

I mean the person who made that criticism is dead so...

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Great Explosion Murder God is probably his "title" just like how Froppy's title is Rainy Day Hero, I believe.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Whose hero name/suggestion was that again?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Larryb posted:

Whose hero name/suggestion was that again?

Just say it out loud and you'll realise.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Just say it out loud and you'll realise.

The kid with the crotch laser I forget the name of?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Mon Dieu! How soon we forget

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
And after the cheese arc!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah right Aoyama, how could I forget

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Spoilers are in the wild, speedscans will probably be by tomorrow or so. (Early spoiler content warning!)

It's mostly exposition but it seems the multi-quirk nature of OfA makes it kind of incompatible for anybody BUT a quirkless person.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Hogama posted:

Spoilers are in the wild, speedscans will probably be by tomorrow or so. (Early spoiler content warning!)

It's mostly exposition but it seems the multi-quirk nature of OfA makes it kind of incompatible for anybody BUT a quirkless person.

I'm sure it will make sense when I see the chapter but we know people with quirks have had OfA previously (obviously) so is that like a new thing because it's become so powerful from the quirks its absorbed?

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 4, 2021

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

christmas boots posted:

I'm sure it will make sense when I see the chapter but we know people with quirks have had OfA previously (obviously) so is that like a new thing because it's become so powerful from the quirks its absorbed?
Wanted to leave it a bit open because there's more in the chapter than what I posted, but you can think of it like burning a candle at both ends, or a cup that's already got liquid in it having more added.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
New chapter: https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-304/

Ok, that does make sense to me now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm begging you scanlators, please stop calling it "OFA"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
OFA deez

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Arist posted:

I'm begging you scanlators, please stop calling it "OFA"

OFA DEZ NUTS!

So this is basically confirming that Deku will be the last holder of OfA. We also get a glimpse of those other 2 unknown OfA holders, which will hopefully kill those "Bakugou was the second holder because of time travel" theories.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

So if Mirio had been given One for All like Nighteye wanted, poor Mirio would probably have been dead within a few years, completely burned out by the power. For pedantic reasons though, I am wondering how it'd interact with someone who had previously had a quirk but lost it, either due to AFO stealing it or the quirk destroying bullets.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Beat me to it. :argh:

Rhonne posted:

We also get a glimpse of those other 2 unknown OfA holders, which will hopefully kill those "Bakugou was the second holder because of time travel" theories.

The theories seem more intensified based on the appearance of the left wall guy.

CuwiKhons posted:

So if Mirio had been given One for All like Nighteye wanted, poor Mirio would probably have been dead within a few years, completely burned out by the power. For pedantic reasons though, I am wondering how it'd interact with someone who had previously had a quirk but lost it, either due to AFO stealing it or the quirk destroying bullets.

Though, Mirio possibly could have gotten OFA safely after he got shot.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 5, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

eeurgh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
People speculating: "The 4th user's crossed out because his quirk contributed to him dying and it could kill Deku!"

Horikoshi: "Well, you're half right...."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait I thought the 4th was the one next to Banjou.

Also the OfA holder against the wall on the left is Naruto.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GRANDMA NEEDS YOU TO DO SOME KILLIN' IZUKU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

GRANDMA NEEDS YOU TO DO SOME KILLIN' IZUKU

https://twitter.com/RealisticSK/status/1366197332627386370

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Given what we just learned about OFA, I can't help but feel like the eventual ending is going to be Deku giving it to All For One and it killing him immediately. That or the power overload causes him to turn into some horrible Akira monster.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Given what we just learned about OFA, I can't help but feel like the eventual ending is going to be Deku giving it to All For One and it killing him immediately. That or the power overload causes him to turn into some horrible Akira monster.

"This is the story of how I became the world's greatest hero, by making a man with an eraser for a head explode."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like All For One, due to his quirk being "i can have other quirks", would probably be able to cheat his way around One For All's quick kill

his body's built for it and he's only built it more over the years

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

also as the mirror quirk and all that relations jazz, who knows what kind of funky synergies they could have.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

rannum posted:

I feel like All For One, due to his quirk being "i can have other quirks", would probably be able to cheat his way around One For All's quick kill

This is a good point. All for One has a good chance of getting around this unless his body is simply too hosed to withstand it physically.

But Shigaraki's body is incomplete and can barely contain the quirks he already has....

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
wonder if the cup analogy applies to the quirk singularity. Like if, far less aggressively ofa deez, all the quirk mixing leads to shorter lifespans

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Movie 2 and speedscan spoilers: drat, RIP Bakugo

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

wonder if the cup analogy applies to the quirk singularity. Like if, far less aggressively ofa deez, all the quirk mixing leads to shorter lifespans

I doubt it. The implication seems to be that a person's body is built to be able to handle their own quirk - if you train to make your quirk more powerful then you're also inherently training your body at the same time to be able to handle that increased power. The problem with One for All is that it's a sudden massive infusion of power that your body can't deal with and any amount of training to deal with it afterwards just makes it worse because you're making One for All stronger too.

Also to be honest, at this point I expect Deku will end up being the last holder of One for All not because he couldn't find a single other quirkless person in the whole world that's deserving but because the power of it just keeps growing and Deku was already breaking limbs left and right when he first got it. Pretty sure even if Deku passed it on to some quirkless jacked power lifter type, they'd dismember themselves the first time they threw a punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

rannum posted:

Even All For One has limits to how many quirks he can hold, plus this revelation about OFA is something only Deku and his head ghosts know about. I can totally see him believing that he can handle OFA, only to be shocked and overwhelmed by just how much power it holds now.