Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I always thought they just dumped whole onions in there and when you turned clockwise it chopped them up and they came out the hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Paul MaudDib posted:

speaking of shame, costco sent out a recall notice on kirkland gin this afternoon.

I had to look this up and apparently they swapped distillers somewhat recently and the new stuff is supposedly terrible compared with the old one. I hope they get it under control again since I’ve gotten a bottle of that before and thought it was decent.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
yeah the gin used to be fantastic if you wanted something with really nice botanicals.

I dunno how far back they switched but I guess I did sort of notice that the freshly opened bottle wasn't as punchy as it normally is, obviously once you've opened the bottle air gets in and it does oxidize and get a little stale as it ages, I guess you could say the bottle maybe tasted a little staler than I expected for a new bottle.

it was still better than anything else you'd find in that price bracket though

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Get a nice set of decanters, and your Kirkland gin, vodka, and brandy are suddenly elevated into classy top shelf cocktail ingredients
:cool:

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
Before the pandemic I watched an old, old man take a package of those turkey roll-up things from the deli section, carefully arrange them all in the lid of the package, then slowly cover them all with ketchup and mustard at the food court station before finally cranking a solid inch of onions from the onion dispenser over the whole thing.

I think about him a lot.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

robotheist posted:

Before the pandemic I watched an old, old man take a package of those turkey roll-up things from the deli section, carefully arrange them all in the lid of the package, then slowly cover them all with ketchup and mustard at the food court station before finally cranking a solid inch of onions from the onion dispenser over the whole thing.

I think about him a lot.

Patient zero?!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

robotheist posted:

I think about him a lot.

lol

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

robotheist posted:

I think about him a lot.
There's nothing wrong with any of that. Skip the ketchup and add extra mustard but he's got good ideas.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Paul MaudDib posted:

yeah I feel bad if I get a slice and a dog but I get halfway through a chicken bake and am overwhelmed with shame.

speaking of shame, costco sent out a recall notice on kirkland gin this afternoon. I of course returned my half drank bottle, the lady at the return counter was NOT happy and didn't believe me, she went away to pound buttons on their computer for ten minutes while another customer heckled me, then finally grudgingly accepted the return. A+ customer experience.

I went back to see if I could get another and they had pulled all of it off the shelf, so evidently someone at the store had heard of the recall

What was wrong with the Gin? Also, sorry on your new hepatitis. Ginatitis

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chinatown posted:

Hello thread. Been awhile.

Today was a good day. Went in and bought a few things I needed and used my Executive rebate. It says you can't redeem it for cash but they gave me the remaining $150 balance in cash!

Then I went to the counter to get even MORE cash from my Citi VISA Rewards card annual cash-back. Walked out with what I needed and around $600 bux. :homebrew:

P
B
U
C

I think I just go onto the Citi website when I pay my bill and apply the rewards to my statement amount.

I do have my exec rebate now but haven't been to church since.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My 'co has the Beef Bulgogi Mandu again.

Now they just need the tube of chicken patties again and all will be right in this world.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just got home from a shop and got the raspberry crumble cookies to try out and oh my godddddd I am hiding these.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

My 'co has the Beef Bulgogi Mandu again.

Now they just need the tube of chicken patties again and all will be right in this world.

The salmon patties are not nearly as good as the chicken patties

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

priznat posted:

Just got home from a shop and got the raspberry crumble cookies to try out and oh my godddddd I am hiding these.

If you can manage to not eat them all in one sitting, put them in an airtight container so they don't get stale. If they do, just sprinkle a little water on the bottom and toast that bad boy for a minute.

I am so glad my 'Co didn't have any last time I went.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

topenga posted:

If you can manage to not eat them all in one sitting, put them in an airtight container so they don't get stale. If they do, just sprinkle a little water on the bottom and toast that bad boy for a minute.

I am so glad my 'Co didn't have any last time I went.

Good plan! I will put them in one and move them to my office room. For safety.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

One day, we shall meet again...

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That buddies not coming back man

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

IT WAS GREAT

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

poisonpill posted:

Get a nice set of decanters, and your Kirkland gin, vodka, and brandy are suddenly elevated into classy top shelf cocktail ingredients
:cool:

The (relatively) new Kirkland Kentucky bourbon is p. good as well.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

IT WAS GREAT
They were very relaxing to make in the morning whenever I had to open Food Court.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gaius Marius posted:

They were very relaxing to make in the morning whenever I had to open Food Court.
was it just the pesto they sell in the dip aisle and the ciabata they sell in the bakery? i know they also sell giant packs of provolone and turkey slices in the deli area as well, which is possibly the same they used in the food court.

seems pretty easy ot grab those 5 ingredients and just make a dozen of them yourself

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Xaris posted:

was it just the pesto they sell in the dip aisle and the ciabata they sell in the bakery? i know they also sell giant packs of provolone and turkey slices in the deli area as well, which is possibly the same they used in the food court.

seems pretty easy ot grab those 5 ingredients and just make a dozen of them yourself

So we were using Commerical versions of the product so I'm not too sure. The Provolone was Bel Gioso or something brand, The turkey is diffrent from the deli turkey but a sub should be fine. The Aioli was the same one used in deli for something, so It might be the same as the dip. If not mix the Pesto with some Mayo and you should be good. The bread was the same as the ones in the bakery, just in larger batches I beleive

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SpannerX posted:

Honey crisps or sweet tangos or GTFO!

Overated, but I thank you for your contribution to my local university.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

So we were using Commerical versions of the product so I'm not too sure. The Provolone was Bel Gioso or something brand, The turkey is diffrent from the deli turkey but a sub should be fine. The Aioli was the same one used in deli for something, so It might be the same as the dip. If not mix the Pesto with some Mayo and you should be good. The bread was the same as the ones in the bakery, just in larger batches I beleive

Do you guys still have registers in the food court? My Costco just took them out recently. They still have the self serve kiosks they put in a couple years ago, but if you want to pay cash the only way to do it is to go see a supervisor which is annoying. They used to let you pay at the regular checkout for food court stuff but that hasn't been a thing for a while and I wish they would bring it back.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mine does but the plan is to go fully cashless in their eventually, covid sped up the process but it's been in the works for a couple years, the Food court loses money consistently and reducing staffing is the easiest way to cut the cost, so they figure pawning off the cashier work to the member is a good way to reduce labor.

Purely from a personal level I think the FC is one of the most mismanaged departments, the higher ups waffle constantly about what to do with it. Introduce higher ticket items to get more revenue, or cut menu to reduce costs. The people managing it tend to have only taken the job to get their foot in the door of management so they don't give much of a poo poo, the job doesn't pay clerk pay even though imo it's harder than Deli, Bakery, and Cashiering. The whole priority list just seems hosed up.

When I was working in there I always saw it as a customer experience job not a money maker, losing ten grand a month on the food court is pennies compared to the warehouse profits as a whole, so why not just see it as a way to both feed the employee's and to provide a good experience for the members.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
ive seen register or both but not kiosk only

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Well at least the food court is always going to be there, and not turned into an online only service like fellow money losing department photo. And I'd argue that working in the bakery is harder than working in the food court. Maybe not now but definitely during the holiday season.

I never understood why the deli employees are on the same pay scale as the cashiers but the food court employees are not. They're both handling food so they should be getting the same pay. But that's not as bad as a forklift driver who drives a 12,000 pound killing machine for a living getting the same rate of pay as someone making sandwiches in the deli.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

speaking of shame, costco sent out a recall notice on kirkland gin this afternoon. I of course returned my half drank bottle, the lady at the return counter was NOT happy and didn't believe me, she went away to pound buttons on their computer for ten minutes while another customer heckled me, then finally grudgingly accepted the return. A+ customer experience.

I went back to see if I could get another and they had pulled all of it off the shelf, so evidently someone at the store had heard of the recall
do you have a link for this? i have a stockpile of a few bottles from like november.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Paul MaudDib posted:

I would like to hear more about this other customer.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

Well at least the food court is always going to be there, and not turned into an online only service like fellow money losing department photo. And I'd argue that working in the bakery is harder than working in the food court. Maybe not now but definitely during the holiday season.

I never understood why the deli employees are on the same pay scale as the cashiers but the food court employees are not. They're both handling food so they should be getting the same pay. But that's not as bad as a forklift driver who drives a 12,000 pound killing machine for a living getting the same rate of pay as someone making sandwiches in the deli.
I'm biased as my previous jobs have mostly been in bakeries so I was perfectly comfortable working in there. Deli is some bullshit though, they always have way too many people in there and they sit and dick around all day then panic when they start getting to the ends of their shifts and still don't have the prep done. Membership is the Dept that really shouldn't be clerks though, honestly.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

do you have a link for this? i have a stockpile of a few bottles from like november.

they sent me an email:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Not even a food safety issue? Now I'm wondering why you brought back a half empty bottle instead of a totally empty one.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
In retrospect, the gigantic bag of McDonald’s-style fries was a mistake.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Lazyhound posted:

In retrospect, the gigantic bag of McDonald’s-style fries was a mistake.

I couldn't pass this up, $6 for 4 pounds of fries when they go for $3/1lb in the grocery store. They're great in the air fryer.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve never picked up the bag of Kirkland frozen angus beef burger patties and decided to correct that error. Gonna try them tomorrow, hope they good.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

they sent me an email:

Thanks for posting this. Mine doesn't match the lot codes here. Maybe it will be expanded...

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Cartoon Man posted:

I’ve never picked up the bag of Kirkland frozen angus beef burger patties and decided to correct that error. Gonna try them tomorrow, hope they good.

I air fry the frozen burgers for about twenty five minutes. They're pretty good.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

My wife was looking at houses today and suggested we move further away from the Co. Divorce is the only option right ?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Virigoth posted:

My wife was looking at houses today and suggested we move further away from the Co. Divorce is the only option right ?

Divorce wife, pick up new women at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pick up an 8 pack of wives.