Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

He died for our sins - being mean to robots - and thus saved our souls from the evil tentacle devil robots, and was resurrected as a robot.

In all seriousness what the hell is with the ending of Picard? Did Soji forget everyone was trying to blow her up with a soccer bomb? Did no one remember Agnes murdered a guy and agreed to go to jail? Are we not supposed to see Dr. Soong Jr. as a manipulative rear end in a top hat cowardly abandoning humanity to save himself? Why was the theme of mortality introduced at the last minute? I've read Michael Chabon's books, and I know he can do better than this! What happened?

Oh, Picard spoilers, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I for one blame the Romulans.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

He died for our sins - being mean to robots - and thus saved our souls from the evil tentacle devil robots, and was resurrected as a robot.

In all seriousness what the hell is with the ending of Picard? Did Soji forget everyone was trying to blow her up with a soccer bomb? Did no one remember Agnes murdered a guy and agreed to go to jail? Are we not supposed to see Dr. Soong Jr. as a manipulative rear end in a top hat cowardly abandoning humanity to save himself? Why was the theme of mortality introduced at the last minute? I've read Michael Chabon's books, and I know he can do better than this! What happened?

Eleventy thousand executive procuders wanting to use the show as an idea laundry mat, Patrick Stewart having access to the writers room, also this was Chabon's first TV gig AND he was taking care of his terminally ill father the whole time Picard was in production.

That's why Picard is a robot now.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Chabon's first TV gig AND he was taking care of his terminally ill father the whole time Picard was in production.

That's why Picard is a robot now.

That's rough.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

congrats on making it through to the last episode I don't think anyone else bothered

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I liked the TOS robot village and Data's death. There was something else, but I have forgot it during he construction of this post

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Seven can be a lesbian as long as we can spend less than 15 seconds of screentime on it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the entire Borg and Romulan Refugee plot threads *gestures futilely* Never allow Patrick Stewart near a writer's room ever again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AN ELF?!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Grimey Drawer
The stuff with Hugh seemed like he got killed off in a reshoot so seven could do all the stuff he was going to do

They had 50 plot threads and 500 characters and nothing for all but like 2 of them to do

Picard and Discovery suck poo poo, just not for the reasons most trek fans think

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

The stuff with Hugh seemed like he got killed off in a reshoot so seven could do all the stuff he was going to do

I liked it when Picard is reunited with Hugh and they help out some other ex-Borg people. I remember hoping that they wouldn't kill off Hugh in the next episode. Guess what happened in the next episode!

Then Seven gets control of the Borg ship and takes it a a planet that's about to be attacked by a huge Romulan fleet. Sound cool? Well, the Borg ship gets destroyed by giant flowers before the Romulans even get there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Action Jacktion posted:

I liked it when Picard is reunited with Hugh and they help out some other ex-Borg people. I remember hoping that they wouldn't kill off Hugh in the next episode. Guess what happened in the next episode!

Then Seven gets control of the Borg ship and takes it a a planet that's about to be attacked by a huge Romulan fleet. Sound cool? Well, the Borg ship gets destroyed by giant flowers before the Romulans even get there.

Hugh should have just been wounded, taken to a Borg alcove by Seven and Elnor and plugged in to regenerate and he's all upset because he doesn't want to be plugged in again but they're like "you're gonna die otherwise". Seven then kicks all the Romulans off the cube, and then her, Elnor and Hugh pilot the cube and fend off the Romulans while Picard does his thing with La Sirena to buy time for Starfleet to show up (with maybe three or four different ship types in the fleet, I dunno.)

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Lets do an entire Borg sub plot then crash it into the ground just like the Borg cube

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Picard was a philistine

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SAINT LOUIS?!

*said in the voice of a cowboy being extremely upset about salsa being made in New York City*

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Filthy Hans posted:

Picard was a philistine

100% correct trek opinion here

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Filthy Hans posted:

Picard was a philistine

makes me want to see a chad janeway

also someone who actually knows about africa has to have made a "the chad Chad" meme at some point

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hodgepodge posted:

also someone who actually knows about africa has to have made a "the chad Chad" meme at some point

Chad's head is actually the shape of the republic of Chad.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

He didn't die. The last time we see him in universe is working his vineyard. HE NEVER WENT BACK TO SPACE.

He may be a prophet of Him but he is not the chosen one.

Join my sect today. Picard is a false idol. All shall worship OBrien

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Whorelord posted:

Chad's head is actually the shape of the republic of Chad.

huh...

...hm.

lol.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
He's actually some old british guy, sadly

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hodgepodge posted:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

perfect

for one thing, british anything is sure to be full of people who act like they're virgins and consider anything else inappropriate in public

albeit to my knowledge only Britain itself is so bad that people have taken to loving in public just to try to force everyone else to acknowledge that sex exists

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Star Trek: Retirement Home

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The guns went pew pew

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Join my sect today. Picard is a false idol. All shall worship OBrien

This was already at least one DS9 episode

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This was already at least one DS9 episode

O'brien has indeed died before and yet lived. Actually pretty sure he's died more than once; I remember one episode with an exact duplicate dying, weren't there other deaths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
More that he was named as the holy figure for a quirky Bajoran village who had to read a story and tell an evil cloud it sucks