Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I forgot that the new kings of sapphic erotica went into The Lash of Thanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[It strikes me that you lack discipline]

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MikeCrotch posted:

I forgot that the new kings of sapphic erotica went into The Lash of Thanatos

I really would have preferred a proper ending to be honest.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

theironjef posted:

I believe he said speed stick guy was the only fabrication at some point.

The alt text for the strip in question:

quote:

The only one I made up was the deodorant guy.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really would have preferred a proper ending to be honest.

Mr. Williams won and remained the founder of Williams-Sonoma. Everybody else went home underwhelmed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BitterAvatar posted:

There's something absolutely brutal about "have you ever genuinely smiled at anyone, Mr. Smuckles?" that I love.

You are a toilet seat that smokes a cigar
Forever that is what you are

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

Mr. Williams won and remained the founder of Williams-Sonoma. Everybody else went home underwhelmed.

I thought it ended with the crowd rioting and rushing the stage so it's entirely possible they ripped Mr. Williams limb from limb.

Now nobody is the founder of Williams-Sonoma.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

How Wonderful! posted:

Teodor, are you ever... honest with yourself?
I mean, about everything.

I can never read that and not have a part of my soul wither and curl up like a fern in autumn

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

anyone else notice the Complete Canon has been pushed back to 2022? May as well rename it Achewood Cookbook 3

Yeah. I’m sure nobody is surprised by this but how predictable. Dude ain’t good for it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Yeah. I’m sure nobody is surprised by this but how predictable. Dude ain’t good for it

I'll give him credit for not deleting all of Achewood + his online presence after failing to deliver a book like certain other artists

Onstad knows his product has value and people will keep coming back for the mere possibility of getting it, he's the Lauryn Hill of webcomics

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Angry_Ed posted:

I thought it ended with the crowd rioting and rushing the stage so it's entirely possible they ripped Mr. Williams limb from limb.

Now nobody is the founder of Williams-Sonoma.
I also thought the crowd likely tore Mr. Williams apart. I had not considered the implications of the foundership status.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
A media property that never had an actual launch date outside of a placeholder on websites has been delayed during an ongoing pandemic? Gasp and golly, whatever am I going to do with myself, other than assume it will never, ever come out

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Deathlove posted:

A media property that never had an actual launch date outside of a placeholder on websites has been delayed during an ongoing pandemic? Gasp and golly, whatever am I going to do with myself, other than assume it will never, ever come out

I agree with you but also people aren't wrong to point out that this is like the third book project that's been announced, in some cases pre-ordered, and then fallen through in the last 10 years

people also aren't wrong to point out that in the previous cases there was minimal communication or outreach

A Home For Scared People was listed on Amazon for like two years with nary a peep, and it wasn't until some time after that that it was confirmed that the rest of the Dark Horse books had been cancelled

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 5, 2021

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

How Wonderful! posted:

Teodor, are you ever... honest with yourself?
I mean, about everything.

You read my drat mind

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
It's never stopped mystifying me how many ppl in this thread like Achewood and hate Onstad. loving weird if you ask me.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Stringent posted:

It's never stopped mystifying me how many ppl in this thread like Achewood and hate Onstad. loving weird if you ask me.

when did anybody say or even suggest that, you weirdo?

cool that you feel the need to repeatedly defend the honor of a retired comics artist from slights that exist only inside your mind

what’s this?! people talking about women in Achewood? In MY Achewood?! Well I clearly can’t let this happen! I gotta put my foot down! I’m doing it for Chris!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I love chris onstad and loving loathe achewood

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

World War Mammories posted:

I love chris onstad and loving loathe achewood

Soda fan detected

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
You can do anything you want in life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

thrilla in vanilla posted:

You can do anything you want in life.

Today's meal is chicken

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

anyone else notice the Complete Canon has been pushed back to 2022? May as well rename it Achewood Cookbook 3

well let me just quote myself from twenty-loving-twelve

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Funny what you find reading the archives :o:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Ok Comboomer posted:

when did anybody say or even suggest that, you weirdo?

cool that you feel the need to repeatedly defend the honor of a retired comics artist from slights that exist only inside your mind

what’s this?! people talking about women in Achewood? In MY Achewood?! Well I clearly can’t let this happen! I gotta put my foot down! I’m doing it for Chris!

chill out please

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
One day, I bought t-shirts off Achewood's inter-net web-site. They arrived in the mail after I paid for them and their shipping. I do not hate Chris Onstad.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Soda fan detected

stashing away my exotic syrups of peach chutney, mycenaean beef, and braised nazareth almonds

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Today's meal is chicken
Tomorrow's recipe.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

tripwood posted:

One day, I bought t-shirts off Achewood's inter-net web-site. They arrived in the mail after I paid for them and their shipping. I do not hate Chris Onstad.

I think he is clear, like a horrible toy with no color in the plastic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stringent posted:

It's not hatred to see a man for what he is.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean, I've read plenty of good science fiction novels that were written by right-wing assholes.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
he is a bit of a ditherer

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

palamedes posted:

he is a bit of a ditherer

Alright, what do I have to learn from the toilet at the airport?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's kind of the main symbol of our time :hai:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is a mid summer joke at earliest to really land, and you've gone and hosed it up for everybody now by being impatient. :mad:

Edit: vvvvvvvvv See?

surc fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 6, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

To be fair, covid has changed the demand for print books in a way that's really made it harder to have stuff published and ready. It also doesn't help that there's like two major printers in the US; it's a lot harder to have books in print right now than it used to be.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
I feel like the cookbooks and collections and whatever else are just a microscopic drop in the sea compared to the content Onstad just leaves up on the internet for any dumbass like me to stumble upon. The guy made something that's been one of the most entertaining artistic expressions I've ever had the privilege to enjoy and just gives it away. I understand that these big commercial projects give him brain problems and he's liable to flake on them, but my reaction isn't resentment or wondering where my drat cookbook is, but instead I just hope the guy isn't being too hard on himself and I hope he's ok. gently caress a cookbook, gently caress a hardcover compendium, I'm just glad I can reread Achewood.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I don’t think people would care if he wasn’t taking preorders on this stuff. It would be disappointing but no biggie if he just was announcing here’s this thing I’m doing and then it didn’t happen

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
I preordered and I don't care. :shrug:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The Complete Canon isn't a little self-published thing, it's being put out by Oni Press which is itself under the umbrella of Simon & Schuster, the third largest publisher in the United States. If Simon & Schuster wanted to make money it has better methods at its disposal than grifting nerds with a cat webcomic. If it's late it's late and I am fairly confident there are reasons much more mundane than the devious machinations of webcomic cookbook bandits.

Edit: as a probably not very analogous example, that does I think point to how disruptive the effect of COVID was on publishing-- I had a book that was supposed come out in April 2020. I had everything on my end done and out of my hands by the end of 2019. I did everything I was supposed to do. It was a decent press, hardworking editors, on top of things... you know. It came out in December. That's just how it is sometimes, especially this past year or so. I've seen countless anthologies and journals and stuff get pushed back too and it has almost never been the fault of any one person in particular. It's just been a weird and kind of crazy time.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2021

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I preordered and I care, but in the good way about my fellow human being in this global potentially deadly unknown long-term-effect pandemic dealing with the situation that is his life, instead of the mad "where is my product I will destroy you over $30 or whatever it will someday cost me to have clicked the amazon button for a pure luxury which I can still totally cancel at no cost" capitalist way.

E: I guess maybe if you ordered in a more ethical way to begin with it might be harder to return and that's a reasonable concern, that's valid but also still lmao if you knew about the cookbook and preordered, and still feel justified in any amount of frustration even ignoring covid.

surc fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 6, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Does the collection from Oni Press come with the dough hook or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Stringent posted:

I preordered and I don't care. :shrug:

Other people can care and it doesn't mean they hate anyone.