Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol a good thigh slap gets a great reaction every time what are they thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Record low ratings due to noisy body parts

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Like getting mad that the sets of a play are obvious sets.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Unless this means all your matches are Dragunov vs Walter style chop fests you should probablg leave the thigh slaps where they are. A new fan might miss the trick in motion and not know how they did it, I remember being mystified watching 240p PWG clips wondering how they got those cracks on kicks. Learning some of the secrets of moves gives me something new to appreciate about the artform, and hiding those tricks is what the greats do best. Thigh slaps are far from being the worst display of artificiality in WWE and a ban does nothing but remove a bit of flavor that makes wrestling feel like wrestling. Why do they continuously try to mess with the formula like this?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

“the dubya dubya e sux” - terry funk

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
WWE should have live foley artists smashing various food products to simulate the desired battle sounds. they can be set up right next to the announcers and then every once in a while someone can go through the foley table and from then on none of the matches that night will have sound effects

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

Us: WWE doesn't have enough tag teams for a Women's Tag Team Title!
WWE: Ok, how about we introduce another set of Women's Tag Team titles?

https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/wwe-nxt-planning-introduce-new-championship-334991?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Coming Soon: The NXT Women's Tag Team Titles

This will be the twentieth title in WWE:

RAW:
WWE Championship
RAW Tag Team Championship
United States Championship
RAW Women's Championship

Smackdown:
Universal Championship
Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Intercontinental Championship
Smackdown Women's Championship

NXT:
NXT Championship
NXT Tag Team Championship
North American Championship
NXT Women's Championship
NXT Women's Tag Team Championship

NXT UK
NXT UK Championship
NXT UK Tag Team Championship
Heritage Cup
NXT UK Women's Championship

Cross-Brand

Cruiserweight Championship
24/7 Championship
Women's Tag Team Championship

A whole load of gold, none of which means anything.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

WWE should have live foley artists smashing various food products to simulate the desired battle sounds. they can be set up right next to the announcers and then every once in a while someone can go through the foley table and from then on none of the matches that night will have sound effects

i can't find the clip on youtube, pretend i posted the old Cheap Seats bit with H. Jon Benjamin as a wrestling foley artist

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

WWE should have live foley

I think he retired

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It sucks that NXT has to make their own tag titles for the women because Vince doesn't give a poo poo about NXT and decided after Charlotte won the title last year that they were never gonna cross over again. But on the other hand, the women won't get ruined by main roster booking and this will give more time to them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They should have big 3D comic book words pop out from the supposed point of impact like BANG POW ZIP

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Lmbo I legit thought this might be how they got the sound on some strikes when I was getting back into wrestling, watching a grainy video of a superkick with a huge SMACK in an echoey school gym and I was like "whoever is smashing two blocks of wood together backstage really has good timing with those kicks :downs:"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should ban standing in a huddled mass waiting to catch someone and falling down when no part of their body hits 50%+ of the people standing there

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

They should go in the opposite direction and add thigh slaps to the 619

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just love the idea that everything about WWE's production is garbage and their writing has been trash tier for years and pretty much everything about their programming is offensive to everyone watching it from a quality standpoint but we gotta outlaw thigh slaps lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ibexaz posted:

They should go in the opposite direction and add thigh slaps to the 619

Slap thighs midway through a suplex and drop the guy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Seams posted:

They should have big 3D comic book words pop out from the supposed point of impact like BANG POW ZIP

they tried that already, it was terrible. remember?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
showing up to the performance center like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwAvxMLXyU&t=60s

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Banning thigh slapping is hilarious but there are times when people make the slap SO obvious that everything just looks dumb. They should do some classes on how to better hide your slaps instead.

Also, stop thigh-slapping when you do a headbutt. Ban that one.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when someone does a headbutt both wrestlers should slam their knee into the other's as hard as they can

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My partner has only started watching wrestling with AEW and does not realize thigh slaps are fake, fear not though for I will never reveal the terrible secret of wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My partner has only started watching wrestling with AEW and does not realize thigh slaps are fake, fear not though for I will never reveal the terrible secret of wrestling

Even knowing they're fake, I still instinctively let out an "OHHH!" at a perfectly timed one

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Test nailing his big boot to a good thigh slap was loving great. Test, Test, this is a Test: pretty girl put your hand in my butt cheeks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/wwe-news/name-for-next-nxt-takeover-potentially-revealed-in-new-trademark-filing/

NXT: Stand And Deliver

NXT: SAD

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
20 minutes into Smackdown. No wrestling yet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Digital Jedi posted:

just came here to post this lol

will they eclipse last week's 24 minutes ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
they did

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Make that 30.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
lmao almost 1/4 of the show has had 0 wrestling

vvv just shy of the full 1/4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
28 minutes. impressive!

update: the first match was 2 minutes long

graph fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 6, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I would rather see and hear a million obvious thigh slaps than a single sickening thud from two heads colliding

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
why are they having this match now if theyre having it again in two weeks

e: oh nvm. still

graph fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 6, 2021

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah thigh slapping at least replicates the appropriate sound. stomping the mat just sounds like stomping the mat

I always took stomping the mat as “he’s putting more behind that punch!” than anything else, like it even works in kayfabe.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Lamuella posted:

This will be the twentieth title in WWE:

Cruiserweight Championship

Don't they still have two of these?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
reggie isnt having a good night

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

graph posted:

reggie isnt having a good night

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oh, wow. this huh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is this racist? This feels racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like that people are just posting in this thread because nobody bothered to make a Smackdown GDT