Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shammypants posted:

Is the TV sitting on that plastic stepstool on top?

The charitable guess is wall mount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

The hint system built into maquette loving sucks it doesnt advance correctly to the next hint its just loving stuck on a step that i am like 5 moves past on this walkthrough i had to look up.
Really unimpressive if this is how garbage the cards are going be for an average game.

Maquette is a real stinker of a PS Plus game. It's the first PS5 free game I've been disappointed with.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Kirios posted:

Maquette is a real stinker of a PS Plus game. It's the first PS5 free game I've been disappointed with.

Well that sucks I just downloaded it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shammypants posted:

Is the TV sitting on that plastic stepstool on top?

Yea but the stand is actually designed for heavy rear end CRTs so it’s overkill if anything

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do goons not know about zip ties and electrical clips to keep your wires tight and tidy? Even just some bread bag twist ties can get that poo poo under control and more importantly way easier for troubleshooting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

cursed image

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I wanted to give 'er plenty of room to breathe:

(featuring Hades 12 hour yule log)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Kirios posted:

It's the first one I've even bothered to download

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

i love the stack of dead consoles on the bottom layer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I forgot that bugsnax was a free ps5 game cuz I paid for that since I didnt have a ps5 at the time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my friend has confirmed to me that the monster hunter movie contains a faithful depiction of the meowscular chef :swoon:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Alatreon has been slain. :black101:

:byewhore:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

I too love spending half a grand on new tech, cramming it away then blaming everyone else when it dies 2 weeks later

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

I give this a 'oh no what is you doing' out of 'warranty invalid'.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Alatreon has been slain. :black101:

:byewhore:

drat I wanted to join you guys, cause I saw like 15 ppl gankin, but I had set a stupid self imposed task of beating Genichiro somewhat stylishly on like NG+2* (i think ) with no HUD and no lock on, Ghost of Tsushima style instead
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZQyLydx60

But I had to resurrect to Tomoe..

fridge corn posted:

It's the first one I've even bothered to download

Are u saying you didn’t get Control??

imhotep fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 6, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Vikar Jerome posted:

I too love spending half a grand on new tech, cramming it away then blaming everyone else when it dies 2 weeks later

... yeah but is this funnier than berating people for buying the disc version because its bad value and then spending $900 on a scalped system? I’m torn between the two.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Bust Rodd posted:

... yeah but is this funnier than berating people for buying the disc version because its bad value and then spending $900 on a scalped system? I’m torn between the two.

I could’ve bought the disc version but I had like 2 physical games out of 400+ digital ones by the time the PS5 had come out (I had others but I traded them in because I either got them used and would never play them again etc.), plus I prefer the look of the digital version. But then Cyberpunk came out and by the time it got removed from the store it had piqued my interest just enough to tempt me to buy it, so it’s basically the one instance of simply not being able to play a game period because I have the digital edition.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Imhotep posted:

Are u saying you didn’t get Control??

I claimed it but havent downloaded it cuz I've already played through and platinumed it on ps4

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

I claimed it but havent downloaded it cuz I've already played through and platinumed it on ps4

Ah I thought you meant claimed when you said downloaded.

Maquette isn’t bad, I could do without the corny love story, but it also introduced me to this song and I’m very picky with like 60s rock music and can only name like maybe 5 songs that I genuinely like along with this one https://youtu.be/Ee7mxqzIqtA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I give this a 'oh no what is you doing' out of 'warranty invalid'.

Look VG; you're supposed to change the thread titles to ones we create, not create loving masterpieces yourself :colbert:.

Please change the thread title to this regardless however.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imhotep posted:

Ah I thought you meant claimed when you said downloaded.

Maquette isn’t bad, I could do without the corny love story, but it also introduced me to this song and I’m very picky with like 60s rock music and can only name like maybe 5 songs that I genuinely like along with this one https://youtu.be/Ee7mxqzIqtA

Yeah the music saved it from being completely terrible and skipping cutscenes and refusing to read any text that appeared helped me have few bad things to say about the pointless and obtrusive narrative.

Purely as a puzzle game however it kinda blows.

Manipulating items and placing them is the core mechanic of the game but its cumbersome and feels frustrating at times

When you enter the giant world you move way too slowly and theres no run button

Its really easy to do something that fucks you and forces a restart. Even in the final area when they let you warp home, if the dome isnt placed correctly you'll warp like under it and be unable to get back up and have to start all over.

The lovely tiny jump is required for a few puzzles and it just loving sucks. I got stuck for an hour once cause i tried to jump up somewhere and i couldnt get up there on 4-5 tries and assumed it was too high.

Also i feel like when you need to hunt for the only interactable item in a giant area they should direct your attention too it a bit better. Especially if its frickin tiny as hell or something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gutcruncher posted:

Rate my airflow

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, Gutcruncher, if you suddenly stop posting one day then at least we will know that you probably died in a fire.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Real hurthling! posted:

The hint system built into maquette loving sucks it doesnt advance correctly to the next hint its just loving stuck on a step that i am like 5 moves past on this walkthrough i had to look up.
Really unimpressive if this is how garbage the cards are going be for an average game.

You can tab between hints though?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fedule posted:

You can tab between hints though?

it wasnt updating completion of the ones i was on until after i finished the chaptee

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
If I claim the PS Plus collection games on my PS5 can I then also play them on my PS4? Giving it to a friend and was curious if they’d be able to access those along with the other digital stuff I have

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
If u display your PS5 proudly, about 4 feet off the ground with no enclosure, then you won’t have airflow problems

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I have my PS5 suspended from the ceiling, like a sex swing. It kinda gets in the way of the TV though, like my sex swing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Post ur pissfives

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I should say that I have a loft bed that I built, so it’s not 4 feet off the ground for no reason, and also my TV had to be mounted that high for various reasons.

fridge corn posted:

Post ur pissfives

Where is it even, am I somehow missing it. Also what kinda tv is that?

imhotep fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 6, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
^^^ fridgecorn is that your irl name on display there instead of your pissfive? :eyepop:

Imhotep posted:

If u display your PS5 proudly, about 4 feet off the ground with no enclosure, then you won’t have airflow problems

ico proudly on display :hmmyes:

i already posted mine before:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I put mine partially behind my tv panel. It now watches me while I sleep.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Imhotep posted:

Me, judging your art book collection: Hey nice Automata Vol 1 and the Sekiro strategy guide.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

fridge corn posted:

Post ur pissfives
Uh, you do realize it says your name there in the corner? I assume it's yours, anyway.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
A piss5 with bonus catte butt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

my friend has confirmed to me that the monster hunter movie contains a faithful depiction of the meowscular chef :swoon:

I didn't care about seeing this movie until now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seriously don't have your consoles in in-closed spaces. Consoles from PS2 onward especially, push out a lot of hot air, this is by design they are cooling off their hardware. In an in-closed space though that hot air will have no where to go and will keep your console too warm and this can cause damage. The last generation has gotten better about handling this , but like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, were notoriously bad at cooling themselves and had really high failure rates because of it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

piss5

edit - Imhotep is the Sekiro book as good as the Bloodborne art book?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the music saved it from being completely terrible and skipping cutscenes and refusing to read any text that appeared helped me have few bad things to say about the pointless and obtrusive narrative.

Purely as a puzzle game however it kinda blows.

Manipulating items and placing them is the core mechanic of the game but its cumbersome and feels frustrating at times

When you enter the giant world you move way too slowly and theres no run button

Its really easy to do something that fucks you and forces a restart. Even in the final area when they let you warp home, if the dome isnt placed correctly you'll warp like under it and be unable to get back up and have to start all over.

The lovely tiny jump is required for a few puzzles and it just loving sucks. I got stuck for an hour once cause i tried to jump up somewhere and i couldnt get up there on 4-5 tries and assumed it was too high.

Also i feel like when you need to hunt for the only interactable item in a giant area they should direct your attention too it a bit better. Especially if its frickin tiny as hell or something.

i uninstalled it not because of the twee lame rear end love story but because the gameplay is trash. it’s too bad, i was hoping the puzzles would be more interesting or fun to execute because the concept is cool. but the gameplay is just tedious. it’s a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

punished milkman posted:

i uninstalled it not because of the twee lame rear end love story but because the gameplay is trash. it’s too bad, i was hoping the puzzles would be more interesting or fun to execute because the concept is cool. but the gameplay is just tedious. it’s a bad game

its really disappointing to read all this. I love puzzle games, I even enjoyed Superliminal which wasnt very good