Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Casu Marzu posted:

I just had to know what a chicken ball was and I was not expecting this

Apparently it's a ball of chicken and stuffing, deep fried, plopped on top of mashed potato, and drenched in gravy.

Maybe would?

Gimme some tapatio and I absolutely would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Casu Marzu posted:

Apparently it's a ball of chicken and stuffing, deep fried, plopped on top of mashed potato, and drenched in gravy.

Maybe would?

left overs usually turn into that anyways, they just made it a little easier to order

well minus the deep frying

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Deep frying is one of the basic states of food. It is, and should always be, an option.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
American gravy is a sin but fried chicken, stuffing and mash? I love that kind of thing. It's fancy bubble and squeak.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

American gravy is a sin but fried chicken, stuffing and mash? I love that kind of thing. It's fancy bubble and squeak.

British people don't get to criticize anybody's food. Sorry one of the dozen types of gravy common here aren't like the brown slop you're used to.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol for loving real. American gravy is perfectly fine. Or they can be

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
What is “American” gravy?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Casu Marzu posted:

Maybe would?

It's a dim sim without the pastry. Would and Do often.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Google "biscuits and gravy". American gravy is more like a white sauce or something, sometimes with lumps of sausage in. Maybe a roux? Flour is involved.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If your sim is dim, try urning your monitor off and on again

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Sloth Life posted:

Google "biscuits and gravy". American gravy is more like a white sauce or something, sometimes with lumps in. Maybe a roux.

I’m an American, that’s just white gravy. We have other kinds as well!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Sloth Life posted:

Google "biscuits and gravy". American gravy is more like a white sauce or something, sometimes with lumps in. Maybe a roux.

That's a specific type of sausage based gravy mostly seen in the south. There isn't one single "American" gravy.

Also biscuits and gravy are delicious.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

You ready?

I’m about to blow your freakin’ mind!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You ready?

I’m about to blow your freakin’ mind!

Ah, gravy made from the blood of New Jersey Italians, as is traditional.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

British people don't get to criticize anybody's food. Sorry one of the dozen types of gravy common here aren't like the brown slop you're used to.

Lol that you got angry and immediately decided everything is exactly as stereotypically depicted. The gravy on my jellied eels is terrible. Everyone just eats scampi and chips, something something picture of terrible El Paso Mexican food kit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Emily Spinach posted:

Ah, gravy made from the blood of New Jersey Italians, as is traditional.

:hai:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

Lol that you got angry and immediately decided everything is exactly as stereotypically depicted. The gravy on my jellied eels is terrible. Everyone just eats scampi and chips, something something picture of terrible El Paso Mexican food kit

"Ah we don't eat trash, au contraire! We eat garbage instead!"

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Sloth Life posted:

Google "biscuits and gravy". American gravy is more like a white sauce or something, sometimes with lumps of sausage in. Maybe a roux? Flour is involved.

Gravy is a type of sauce :eng101:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

wtf is this terrible rear end posting?

y'all need to shut your loving traps and get back to America posting rather than whatever the gently caress THIS poo poo is.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol wtf is this poo poo?

of all things to criticize america about, it's gravy is definitely not one of them

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

You're projecting and lol that you consider it necessary to defend English food in the Americana thread.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
:munch:

Trash Can V Garbage Bin.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
America is a land of diverse and varied gravies.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
American gravy assimilation is top notch. Posting from the capital of eating bowls of gravy with things in

This is just one tradition of gravy assimilation out of many more.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

zedprime posted:

American gravy assimilation is top notch. Posting from the capital of eating bowls of gravy with things in

This is just one tradition of gravy assimilation out of many more.

A delicious post to defeat all the britisher poo poo slop sauces

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Outrail posted:

:munch:

Trash Can V Garbage Bin.

It's rubbish bin, mate, thank you very much.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
in parts of scotland they call a bin a bucket!! :eng101:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Gravy from a can or jar (what you get in diners or restaurants) is the not the same as taking drippings and making you own. Gravy, is basically a roux.

I never new Italians, or at least the ones in North America, called tomato sauce "gravy" until I watched the Sopranos.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

bacon gravy, typically

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

steinrokkan posted:

It's rubbish bin, mate, thank you very much.

And what's that on the ringside?! Folks it looks like we have another competitor! And it's the thunder from down under but what's this?! There's no gravy! Oh my God he's got a stale dry Dim Sim this is completely against the rules!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Lumps of white... substance. Piled high. Come get u sum

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Woof Blitzer posted:

Lumps of white... substance. Piled high. Come get u sum

Chicken salad most like.

... or ambrosia...?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah I mean American gravy ranges from like sawmill pepper to giblet mushroom to like Cajun stuff to even seafood based stuff . We make a large diversity of gravy in the states.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Bonzo posted:

Gravy from a can or jar (what you get in diners or restaurants) is the not the same as taking drippings and making you own. Gravy, is basically a roux.

I never new Italians, or at least the ones in North America, called tomato sauce "gravy" until I watched the Sopranos.

Roux isn't a sauce it's a thickener made from butter and flour. Gravy is often thickened with a roux but sometimes people use corn or potato starch instead. If you were extra fancy maybe you could use arrowroot or xanthan gum instead. whatever it's your sauce. I hope this is helpful for you.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

lol at this person who has never actually been to the UK and takes their stereotype cues from rodney dangerfield

the food in the UK is vastly better than in america

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its more like the food in the cities is better than in the rurals and country barely matters in a globalized world

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gentle Autist posted:

:lol:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Gentle Autist posted:

lol at this person who has never actually been to the UK and takes their stereotype cues from rodney dangerfield

I've lived in the UK and America. That's a lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

processes everything, slathers it in sugary sauce - ah yes, delicous