Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

height of cusine is cooking lovely meat for 18 hours and then slopping it onto novelty sized dinner roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

height of cusine is cooking lovely meat for 18 hours and then slopping it onto novelty sized dinner roll

hell yeah loving yes dude you are doing this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

processes everything, slathers it in sugary sauce - ah yes, delicous

"Processed" is a meaningless scare word in the context of food, it's all processed.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
In another win for America, I present the deep fried gravy burger.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Weka posted:

What are we looking at? Is that a lump of gravy scooped out of a fryer and placed on a burger??

And processed usually is taken to mean the number of steps away from raw before it reaches a kitchen. Generally stripping away pesky things like fiber but leaving behind the calories. Potato = no processing, high fructose corn syrup = max processing. Or gravy made from scratch vs something from a factory with celery juice processed into sodium nitrate.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Weka posted:

:scotland: approves

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gentle Autist posted:

Fuckin badass :eyepop:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The only good British food I've ever had was in pubs. Forget proper restaurants, just get beer with your fish and chips.

Seriously, Brits. If you want a reputation for good food, stop shagging your sheep and start eating them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gentle Autist posted:

it takes centuries of inbreeding to provide content this good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Outrail posted:

:munch:

Trash Can V Garbage Bin.

Wastepaper Basket

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gentle Autist posted:

processes everything, slathers it in sugary sauce - ah yes, delicous

The UK manages to do the same poo poo, but somehow even worse in every way.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Seriously, Brits. If you want a reputation for good food, stop shagging your sheep and start eating them.

On this, I haven’t seen lamb/mutton feature in USA cooking. Is it not really a thing there?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Our diseased horse and reconstituted pig rectum bangers are far less processed than the unseemly colonial fare"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Something about that silhouette is seedy and uncomfortable.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
That's a really well done anarchy a

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

goatface posted:

Something about that silhouette is seedy and uncomfortable.

I have no idea what's going on there. The title of the photo was "Our Heroes"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

I have no idea what's going on there. The title of the photo was "Our Heroes"

That is clearly a fireMAN sillouette holding a child sillouette looking at a flag cause it's 9/11 never forget anarchy in the usa

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Woof Blitzer posted:

Lumps of white... substance. Piled high. Come get u sum

judging by the 207 area code, i think those are supposed to be lobster rolls... i don't see any lobster

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's how they know they've got the recipe correct.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Poco posted:

judging by the 207 area code, i think those are supposed to be lobster rolls... i don't see any lobster

It's called lobster roll cause the lobster has rolled away... U complain everywhere u go.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Pretty cool Americana:

Cathedral of Junk in Austin.

It's a big pile of stuff this guy welded together into a giant, three-storey structure in his backyard. You can climb up on it, and there's all kinds of different rooms painted in different colours. Apparently his neighbours hate it.

Neat!

Doll House Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 6, 2021

Apr 7, 2003

Capt.Whorebags posted:

On this, I haven’t seen lamb/mutton feature in USA cooking. Is it not really a thing there?

I've never eaten it in my life

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Only lamb I have ever had in the U.S. has been at Indian restaurants or mediterranean ones. It's occasionally available at fine dining type places too, but it's definitely not a staple.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What about goat?

Apr 7, 2003

I've had goat at Caribbean places

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Aldi's has rack of lamb and chops, but I've never seen it in other stores. Sometimes you will see it on a menu. Goat meat is less common in my experience.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

goatface posted:

What about goat?

Lamb chops you can at least buy in a lot of grocery stores, albeit at wild prices. Goat meat would require a trip to a specialty store/butcher, it's not considered a luxury meat like lamb is.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Lamb is definitely eaten at Easter, but I rarely see it on menus outside of that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yikes! posted:

Lamb is definitely eaten at Easter, but I rarely see it on menus outside of that.

1. Jesus was the lamb of god
2. Eating his body is holy
3. Therefore

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

It’s really locational in the US. If you live in an area with Nigerian immigrants for example you can get goat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Goat is pretty good, I wish it was more readily available.

Not many people eat tongue either. I miss cold tongue sandwiches on light rye.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or if you live in areas where goats are commonly farmed. I've been to North Carolina and seen goat and lamb in restaurants.

Thing is, the US is rather large. With that size comes an astonishing range of climates and living conditions. You name a plant or animal commonly cultivated for food, it's probably a local specialty somewhere in the US and you'll find it on the menus there.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Thing is, the US is rather large. With that size comes an astonishing range of climates and living conditions. You name a plant or animal commonly cultivated for food, it's probably a local specialty somewhere in the US and you'll find it on the menus there.

Yea I get that. I’m just used to seeing lamb here (oz) in every butcher/supermarket alongside beef, pork and chicken.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Goat is pretty good, I wish it was more readily available.

Not many people eat tongue either. I miss cold tongue sandwiches on light rye.

Yeah that’s my big miss from being able to take a train into NYC pickled tongue deli sandwiches. You can get tongue in the south in more rural grocery stores. I’ve also gotten tongue and roasted head meat tacos in taquerias in rural areas with immigrant farm workers.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Aldi's has rack of lamb and chops, but I've never seen it in other stores. Sometimes you will see it on a menu. Goat meat is less common in my experience.

Places like Costco and Sam's Club will typically have some lamb on offer, there's also a good chance of seeing it at "healthy" high end grocers, it can be kind of a crapshoot at mainstream grocery stores. Seems like it's mainly from New Zealand though, I don't think the US raises much itself. I don't recall ever seeing goat outside of Asian grocers.

My mom made me rack of lamb for my 5th birthday for some reason so it's been one of my go-to special occasion meals, but it is pretty rare in the typical American diet.

Anyway, Americana

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Most mexican places serve tongue. I love it.
Goat I've seen in Indian and carib places, and I wish it was more available.

... Nobody tell the brits about rocky mountain oysters. It might kill em

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
from overeating?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brits eat all sorts of offal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Yeah that’s my big miss from being able to take a train into NYC pickled tongue deli sandwiches. You can get tongue in the south in more rural grocery stores. I’ve also gotten tongue and roasted head meat tacos in taquerias in rural areas with immigrant farm workers.

Is roasted head meat anything like head cheese?