Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Speaking of video "games" :airquote:, there's a Yuru Camp VR game on the Nintendo Switch now. :comfysamus:

that game's good because you don't play as generic self-insert, you play as nadeshiko. it makes taking pictures of rin and stuff really cute instead of mildly weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Endorph posted:

that game's good because you don't play as generic self-insert, you play as nadeshiko. it makes taking pictures of rin and stuff really cute instead of mildly weird

I don't have Labo VR (and have no plans to get it), but I assume the movement is teleport style from spot to spot?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

loving.

Yes.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

finally a reason to use VR

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
are there any good vr mecha games

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Willo567 posted:

are there any good vr mecha games

Steel Battalion VR hasn't been invented yet, sooo :v:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I didn't see a thread for it but I've been enjoying So I'm a Spider, So What so far this season. I started reading the light novels and they're not bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

8one6 posted:

I didn't see a thread for it but I've been enjoying So I'm a Spider, So What so far this season. I started reading the light novels and they're not bad.

Yeah, I think it's okay, especially that hilarious end credits song.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

8one6 posted:

Spider thread here! Come join the fun!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Props to the one guy who's taken over translating Ancient Magus Bride and is currently putting out one chapter every ~6 hours

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

Also there's a version coming later that is the other way around

Also it's on PC and PSVR and maybe Quest? You don't need to have VR either, it'll work as a standard chill game without it

8one6
May 20, 2012

Sweet! Thank you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Brutal Garcon posted:

Props to the one guy who's taken over translating Ancient Magus Bride and is currently putting out one chapter every ~6 hours

Sadly the quality is way lower than the previous TL group, to the point where it's actually pretty hard to read. :( Not to say it isn't cool that someone picked it up again.

The official release is on volume 13 IIRC, so only one volume behind the scans at this point - I'm just going to wait until the official volume 14 is out and pick it up again from there.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Yeah, it's clear they aren't a native English speaker - or are doing this really quickly.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Pseudo Harem has come to an end. Rest well, you cute dorks.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brutal Garcon posted:

Yeah, it's clear they aren't a native English speaker - or are doing this really quickly.

Don’t give props to garbage. It’s just encouraging anyone who would put out a better release to not bother, because they see it’s already been done.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

important stream programming news

homeless snail posted:

Saturday @ idk probably about 4PM eastern give or take, the trash can of streaming returns, Sunk Cost Saturday!! Picking back up on the dramatic year's Ryomaden, and 2019 sports club's Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl (yawara isnt behind schedule though fyi i always planned to finish it before the Tokyo olympics!!!), but before that, a special presentation of the Healin Good Precure movie ft. Hugtto and Star Twinkle, Precure Miracle Leap!!

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Latest Useless Princess Chapter : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

*laughs*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Latest Useless Princess Chapter : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My smile and optimism: gone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no a bandit came for my avatar while I was slumbering.

8one6
May 20, 2012

https://myanimelist.net/news/62225470?fbclid=IwAR1gHekF9KTwnU3_L10cUK6aZketvrMaM7JquhUUeC_TMnzPgqAGhHQ2o7c

Like 30 years later Devil is a part timer gets a second season.

What's great is the ridiculous premise of this was what got me to start reading Light Novels because I thought the first season was funny and wanted to know the rest of the story. It was the scene with Satan at the deep fryer and his pained, serious internal monolog over using the last of his devil power to cook the fries right before the manager said "oh yeah, the fryer is hosed, don't worry about it" that sold me on the series.

What sucks is the rest of the story is bad. I read up through Vol 8 and the joke wears thin and a couple of new characters are introduced that are terrible.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hell, I'll watch it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
ah, ADTRW Anime Of The Year The Devil is a Part-Timer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Guy_goldy/status/1368257085515915265

lmao, the guy who voices kirei in fate is also the jp dub voice for the reverend in the simpsons

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Endorph posted:

lmao, the guy who voices kirei in fate is also the jp dub voice for the reverend in the simpsons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jouji_Nakata

Apparently he's also Alucard in Hellsing TV

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Japan will riot if he doesn't voice Pucci in Part 6.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sb hermit posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jouji_Nakata

Apparently he's also Alucard in Hellsing TV

we know who jouji nakata is bro

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

we know who jouji nakata is bro

I didn't! I thought people would be psyched to learn this. I guess I'm the only one.

I don't follow fate zero so the fact that he voiced someone in there was irrelevant to me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

sb hermit posted:

I didn't! I thought people would be psyched to learn this. I guess I'm the only one.

I don't follow fate zero so the fact that he voiced someone in there was irrelevant to me.

Buddy the whole lmao is based on the fate role

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/sakurada22/status/1367813275199578120?s=20

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Oh Snapple! posted:

Buddy the whole lmao is based on the fate role

ok

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

Tbis meme is inaccurate because tessho genda voices arnold Schwarzenegger

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmao he also voices Pucci in jojo games though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My stepsister just told me she's expecting.

I'm gonna be an uncle!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna be an uncle!

:toot:

I hope she has a smooth pregnancy!

I think I'm supposed to be the fun uncle, but this pandemic is keeping everyone distanced for now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna be an uncle!

Congrats :toot:

I became an uncle when I was still in elementary school :corsair:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My parents got vaccinated this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8one6 posted:

https://myanimelist.net/news/62225470?fbclid=IwAR1gHekF9KTwnU3_L10cUK6aZketvrMaM7JquhUUeC_TMnzPgqAGhHQ2o7c

Like 30 years later Devil is a part timer gets a second season.

What's great is the ridiculous premise of this was what got me to start reading Light Novels because I thought the first season was funny and wanted to know the rest of the story. It was the scene with Satan at the deep fryer and his pained, serious internal monolog over using the last of his devil power to cook the fries right before the manager said "oh yeah, the fryer is hosed, don't worry about it" that sold me on the series.

What sucks is the rest of the story is bad. I read up through Vol 8 and the joke wears thin and a couple of new characters are introduced that are terrible.

I gather a lot of fans didn't like the ending so hard they didn't even look at the author's next series.