Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Baron von Eevl posted:

He'll look for the man never wearing shorts.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axelblaze posted:

Hey CineD. Been awhile. Because I believe there are still some people here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1367993839949144064?s=20

wow, are you me?

Stay strong :shobon:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was strongly considering that ketamine treatment they do now and then coronavirus happened and took that option off the table. Instead of going down the k-hole I'm just going further and further into the pit of despair.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

axelblaze posted:

Hey CineD. Been awhile. Because I believe there are still some people here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread

I'm glad to see you back!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CPL593H posted:

I was strongly considering that ketamine treatment they do now and then coronavirus happened and took that option off the table. Instead of going down the k-hole I'm just going further and further into the pit of despair.

I've heard very good things about esketamine therapy. Apparently the idea is the chemical imbalances that cause depression are themselves caused by damaged/stressed/whatever neurons in the brain, and the esketamine helps the neurons function better, basically letting your brain fix itself.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy loving poo poo Shudder’s getting has Ken Russell’s The Devils. Rejoice in his light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_Z4I62e5Y

Now they need to get Andrej Zulawski’s Diabel and I can finally sleep well at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7345mq7LA

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 6, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard very good things about esketamine therapy. Apparently the idea is the chemical imbalances that cause depression are themselves caused by damaged/stressed/whatever neurons in the brain, and the esketamine helps the neurons function better, basically letting your brain fix itself.

So they say. Worst case scenario I can very safely get fuuuuuuuuuuuucked up.

Several years back when I got my kidney stone I saw shot up with dilaudid in the emergency room and while I was waiting to be discharged I was laying in the hospital bed watching an episode of the Crocodile Hunter where Steve Irwin was just sitting around with a bunch of orangutans quietly telling the viewers how peaceful they are and what their social structure is like. It was without exaggeration the single best moment of my life.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 6, 2021

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

axelblaze posted:

Welcome back, pardner, glad to see you’re in good spirits :clint:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

So, I have not actively watched movies in like 4 years or so. Uh.....how do I do it? I used to watch movies nonstop! I even have a classic crazy eights gangtag! What have I missed? I miss working at a movie store a decade ago.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Fat Lou posted:

So, I have not actively watched movies in like 4 years or so. Uh.....how do I do it? I used to watch movies nonstop! I even have a classic crazy eights gangtag! What have I missed? I miss working at a movie store a decade ago.

You just put one frame in front of the other

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I Before E posted:

You just put one frame in front of the other

But which frame? Do I watch Chainsaw Scumfuck on repeat to start?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

axelblaze posted:

Hey mate, I follow you on twitter and have seen you posting for the last while and never reached out because I'm an idiot on a private account, but you've gone through an absolute bunch of poo poo and coming out of it at the other end in a positive and reflective mindset is really good to see. Reflection is something most people never bother with, let alone interpret in a way that helps them positively grow personally, and I'm really stoked your making progress - the fact that you're able to do it publicly, as well, is amazing.

I dunno how this will come off coming from a relatively infrequent/white noise poster but sincerely, congratulations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

axelblaze posted:

I hope your journey going forward is a positive one and I'm glad you've reached this milestone. Seeing one's problems for what they truly are can be frightening but it's also the beginning of real change and progress.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

Turn on your monitor.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fat Lou posted:

Seems like you've got a pretty good handle on this what do you want from us :confused:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1368001664607809537?s=19

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

axelblaze posted:

Just a lurker, but I've always enjoyed your posts. Your voice makes the world a better place axelblaze.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Fat Lou posted:

Nowadays you pull up your favorite streaming site, browse through their collection until you find something that sounds like your exact mood, waste 45 minutes with nothing to show for it, and instead go back to watching speedruns on YouTube.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Nowadays you pull up your favorite streaming site, browse through their collection until you find something that sounds like your exact mood, waste 45 minutes with nothing to show for it, and instead go back to watching speedruns on YouTube.

Tammy and the T-Rex.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Crossposting from the Horror thread, but I made a thread about cryptids, conspiracies, the occult, and supernatural creatures and I think you should all come and talk about them with me.

e:

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Too real. Though I would also add that you create Letterboxd account and fill it with hyper-specific watchlists of everything you want to watch, curating moods and sub-genres, cross-referencing them with the streaming or rental services they're available on, buying Blu-rays and 4K UHD discs to get the best possible picture quality, then you go back to watching speedruns on YouTube.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 7, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Crossposting from the Horror thread, but I made a thread about cryptids, conspiracies, the occult, and supernatural creatures and I think you should all come and talk about them with me.

Ogopogo or GTFO.

Is this cryptid/UFO specific or can I talk about cursed swamps, scary ghosts, and local legends?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When netflix's main business was actually mailing dvds to people I watched at least one movie every day and when I dind't have school or work generally watched at least two.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Ogopogo or GTFO.

Is this cryptid/UFO specific or can I talk about cursed swamps, scary ghosts, and local legends?

I've been waiting for years for someone talk to me about cursed swamps, scary ghosts, and local legends. I think that thread would be the ideal place, yes.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

This but instead of speedruns its clips of Impractical Jokers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Watched the first two Brendan Fraser Mummy movies this week, and there is so much smooching in these movies. Humans kissing humans, mummies kissing humans, humans kissing mummies. Good movies, don't get me wrong, but there's a lot of kissing for what are ostensibly period action movies!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

C-Euro posted:

Watched the first two Brendan Fraser Mummy movies this week, and there is so much smooching in these movies. Humans kissing humans, mummies kissing humans, humans kissing mummies. Good movies, don't get me wrong, but there's a lot of kissing for what are ostensibly period action movies!

this is 100% in keeping with the tradition of mummy movies though

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

C-Euro posted:

You forgot giant mummy sand face trying to mid air kiss a flying biplane

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Doesn't Benny also kiss a crucifix he's wearing when he thinks he's going to get killed by the titular mummy?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Movies used to have more smooching.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I mean I would have kissed Rachel Weisz in that second movie, so I get it :swoon:

FreudianSlippers posted:

Movies used to have more smooching.

Speaking of things movies used to do, another thing I noticed is that the second movie had so many drat slo-mo action shots, compared to the first. I assume it's because of The Matrix, which came out the same year as the first one.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CPL593H posted:

Doesn't Benny also kiss a crucifix he's wearing when he thinks he's going to get killed by the titular mummy?

And numerous other pieces of religious paraphernalia!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fat Lou posted:

Watch The Guyver (1991) and Guvyer 2 Dark Hero (1994) back to back.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

And numerous other pieces of religious paraphernalia!

I only remember him kissing the cross and then when that didn't work he just started scrolling through the religions and then didn't die because he started speaking Hebrew.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heads up there's apparently gonna be an amazon workers' strike from the 8th to the 15th so if you can, try not to purchase from Amazon during that week.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Heads up there's apparently gonna be an amazon workers' strike from the 8th to the 15th so if you can, try not to purchase from Amazon during that week.

Or at all, for that matter.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

therattle posted:

Or at all, for that matter.

Yeah I just never buy anything from them ever. Aside from people who live in areas where they depend on mail order I don't get why everyone is like "Don't buy poo poo on prime day because Amazon is bad!". Just buy your poo poo from someone else.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Jesus Christ, Beat Takeshi’s Boiling Point has a lot more sexual violence and physical abuse than I was expecting. It’s a good movie, but Beat Takeshi’s character’s actions overshadow a lot of the movie.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Jesus Christ, Beat Takeshi’s Boiling Point has a lot more sexual violence and physical abuse than I was expecting. It’s a good movie, but Beat Takeshi’s character’s actions overshadow a lot of the movie.

I have the same issue with Sonatine.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Anonymous Robot posted:

I have the same issue with Sonatine.

I thought I remembered you posting about Boiling Point, but I think I was misremembering it was Sonatine. I get what Takeshi's doing, he doesn't condone the actions, and he's not trying to make them accidentally titillating, but it's still gross and unpleasant to watch, and you can get across the character's an unhinged maniac other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I finally saw Color Out of Space and here's the timeline of me watching that.

First half of the movie: "This is kind cliched."

Second half of the movie: :stare: