Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Dicking around Miami, it’s flatter than flat here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

e.pilot posted:

Dicking around Miami, it’s flatter than flat here.

Is it still humid there in March?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

nwin posted:

Is it still humid there in March?

Yes it’s still Miami.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I love to hate your silly bike.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I adore it. My partner knows about that dumb bike, and she neither reads this forum nor rides bikes.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Unsinkabear posted:

I adore it. My partner knows about that dumb bike, and she neither reads this forum nor rides bikes.

:love:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

After 7 months waiting for it to be delivered, a week or two of procrastinating ridewrap installation, and then a prolonged week long build process because my two 3 year olds insisted on helping me build it (hilarious and adorable, but not terribly productive), I now have another fully operational mountain bicycle. Now I just need to go somewhere not covered in snow to ride it.

The frame bag is more or less just a thing that wedges in there and can be removed or installed in like 5 seconds. I probably won’t always use it but it should come in handy. https://store.ibiscycles.com/mobile/pork-chop-bone-in-bag-p492.aspx

Glorious hub noise:
https://i.imgur.com/QHzep4E.mp4

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

That looks really clean (cables and such) for such a complicated bike, I like it

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

I gotta' take better pics and also maybe that particular streetlight shouldn't exist. And.. and... but I ride this bike the most and I love the poo poo out of it. A most excellent bike. (if only it could fit 28s though)

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

rngd in the womb posted:

I gotta' take better pics and also maybe that particular streetlight shouldn't exist. And.. and... but I ride this bike the most and I love the poo poo out of it. A most excellent bike. (if only it could fit 28s though)
Cool bike. Is it a Century?

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Podium Equipe. I think... 2016? 2018? I'm not sure, but it was the last go-fast model DB had.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
earth got a dump truck rear end

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
That bike is so loving dope.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
dopey!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Sab0921 posted:

That bike is so loving dope.

I agree :mrgw:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Spotted in the wild in front of the local brewery in my neighborhood

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Mauser posted:

Spotted in the wild in front of the local brewery in my neighborhood

:drat:

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

That is as rad as it is bad.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

CopperHound posted:

That is as rad as it is bad.

Show Us Your Bicycle: That is as rad as it is bad.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Unsinkabear posted:

I second this title rec

dema
Aug 13, 2006

ASMR

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Unsinkabear posted:

:hmmyes:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Who do we gotta call to change a thread title around here?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Ohhh baby

She's a beaut!

Off the hop, I love the matte color. The shifters are an interesting design. They have crisp mechanical "cha-chunk" to them that I find pleasing.

I took it to the LBS to size it up for some bikepack gear.

The bike came indexed,which was really nice. I adjusted the brakes but I don't have a third hand cable puller thingy so it was a bit more guesswork and hassle. The bars and hoods feel nice,though the bar wraps aren't quite to my taste. They have a strange stickiness to the material.

The seat looks like a cheap peice of poo poo, but felt quite decent on my test ride.

:3: I think we're going to get along just fine.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 12, 2021

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Drop bars beefy tires and the dork disc removed at the factory. This is gonna be a neat bike.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Ohhh baby

She's a beaut!

Off the hop, I love the matte color. The shifters are an interesting design. They have crisp mechanical "cha-chunk" to them that I find pleasing.

I took it to the LBS to size it up for some bikepack gear.

The bike came indexed,which was really nice. I adjusted the brakes but I don't have a third hand cable puller thingy so it was a bit more guesswork and hassle. The bars and hoods feel nice,though the bar wraps aren't quite to my taste. They have a strange stickiness to the material.

The seat looks like a cheap peice of poo poo, but felt quite decent on my test ride.

:3: I think we're going to get along just fine.

Nice!

Seems like a great value for a versatile bike.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Clamp the seatpost vs. the frame. If you clamp it too hard you’d much rather replace the post instead of the frame.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Clamp the seatpost vs. the frame. If you clamp it too hard you’d much rather replace the post instead of the frame.

Agreed. However, when I first clamped the frame,there was no seat post installed.

Also, this dinky amazon stand couldn't hurt a bug. It barely keeps together as is.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
cross posting from the MTB thread

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
:gizz:

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Put together a bike for a friend of mine so she can keep up with us on our goofy riding adventures. I'm pretty pleased with the pedal to handlebar transition.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
it’s weird seeing a bike like that with some actual flair on it

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

She called it a Lisa Frank bike and I think she nailed it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I don't love dirt pedals with the little studs. The way ride around town, they wind up scratching the hell out of my shins. If she also has that problem, RaceFace (and I assume other manufacturers) make plastic platform pedals without the metal studs that work almost as well, and won't scratch her up.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

You're supposed to put your feet on them

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

My mountain bike fork is being serviced so the gravel bike went into the woods.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pedal pins are life

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Those are RaceFace Chesters on there. I'll ask her if the spikes scratch her. But yeah any recommendations for other platform pedals I'm all ears. But I'm stuck with they gotta be purple now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

me your dad posted:

My mountain bike fork is being serviced so the gravel bike went into the woods.

yes