Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

When it comes to intellectualism, we seem to be falling behind the liberals and the fascists. The right has R.Сам and probably a few others from the stagnant waters of the collegium. The center has Joe Rogan. Say what you will, but they're true intellectuals who come up with their own ideas without regard for orthodoxy. Who then, does the left have? Let's look at some candidates.

Noam Chomsky
Extremely accomplished philosopher with some very good ideas. Unfortunately, he believes that ideas should be practical or applicable. Sad!
Verdict: Pseud

Slavoj Zizek
A classic schizo philosopher of the authleft Freudian-Lacanian flavor. Predictably, these tendencies limit his thinking, and his Diogenes-like eccentricities are just superficial.

Chapo Trap House
Matt's hobbyhorse is the alienation caused by liberal individualism, but he reaps more benefits from it than most people by being an antisocial weirdo. Felix's mental faculties are primarily used for noticing types of guys. Will is too good-natured easygoing to be an intellectual. Amber wrote an article about how UBI is like being a 1950s housewife.
Verdict: Pseuds

Breadtube
If you even consider the possibility that these theater-kid ideologues are intellectuals, you're lost.
Verdict: Pseud beyond pseud. Super Pseud 2

Richard Wolff
I don't know much about him yet but he seems cool.
Verdict: TBD

Jordan Peterson
What's he doing here? I guess he snuck in because he was far-left as a student and his house is covered in Communist propaganda. Anyway, he did pretty good in that interview where the interviewer kept going "so what you're saying is...." But on the other hand, he adopted an all-meat diet because some people he doesn't like prefer all-plant diets.
Verdict: Cannot Escape Pseuddom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's hillary.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Cornel West

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
It's kind of sad that the prominent Breadtube people have pivoted towards making theatrical comedy skits with leftist philosophy rather than philosophy videos with theatre bits to make them more engaging. I can't watch Philosophy Tube's or Contrapoints vidoes anymore.

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

Bip Roberts posted:

It's hillary.

Sold her nerd soul in early adulthood. Pseud.

ToxicAcne posted:

It's kind of sad that the prominent Breadtube people have pivoted towards making theatrical comedy skits with leftist philosophy rather than philosophy videos with theatre bits to make them more engaging. I can't watch Philosophy Tube's or Contrapoints vidoes anymore.

Good.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Another thing I don't like about Breadtube or Leftist Podcasts is that there is no debate, and the hosts of these programs seem to do all they can to stifle it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
in cspam, that call her thinkin' hillary

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wayne brady

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Liz Franzak

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

probably marx I guess was the only one, the rest are all bullshitters

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
me

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Vijay Prashad and Gerald Horne seem nice

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

Cody Johnston
Surprisingly rigorous analysis on his fake news show. He also used to be really funny and it still shines through sometimes. It's too bad he'll barely deviate from the party line and his tone is so obnoxious. He says "it's almost like" about once every 5 minutes, which should tell you everything you need to know.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Off the top of my head...Franco Berardi, Byung-Chul Han, Mark Fisher (he’s dead though so idk), Negri maybe though he hasn’t written much lately

TheSlutPit has issued a correction as of 04:32 on Mar 7, 2021

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
orb mom

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

farm frenzy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Worship of so-called intellectuals is pathetic liberal tendency to have accredited, 'qualified' parental figures teach you how to think OP. It is no better nor different from the brain dead Hillary fans saying "She's got the best resume! She's the most qualified" in 2016. We have to destroy every center of this poisoned way of thinking and exile every pundit and 'intellectual' if we hope to create a world where human life and human dignity are given the weight and respect they are owed.

Also Zizek is daddy and I'd let him go to town on me.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cumtown

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm smart

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

: )

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

a goon

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

David Harvey

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

It's hillary.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

nice post op

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Vijay Prashad and Gerald Horne seem nice
https://twitter.com/vijayprashad/status/1257748735897096195

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i like ash sarkar :)

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
Chris Hedges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNd1yvz71_4

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your mom went to college

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

have u thought about maybe reading books, op

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lefties' proclivities lead them to contract venereal diseases like syphilis which are known to rot your brain. Syphilis was invented in a lab by white russian emigre doctors to prevent a repeat of 1917. Antibiotics allegedly cure syphilis but in reality they give you autism. Conclusion: it's impossible to build a mass movement of workers and build a classless society, what you should do is become a christian mystic but by no means stop using the internet.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's me op

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The prominent serious leftist intellectual thinkers of our time, let me think, you got Adolph Reed, Greenwald, Maddow, Dore, Admin and Red Kahina.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dr biden

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
gokufievel

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Worship of so-called intellectuals is pathetic liberal tendency to have accredited, 'qualified' parental figures teach you how to think OP. It is no better nor different from the brain dead Hillary fans saying "She's got the best resume! She's the most qualified" in 2016. We have to destroy every center of this poisoned way of thinking and exile every pundit and 'intellectual' if we hope to create a world where human life and human dignity are given the weight and respect they are owed.

Also Zizek is daddy and I'd let him go to town on me.

Intellectualism, as I've tried to demonstrate with this thread, isn't based on qualifications but quality of thought. All ideologies need good thinkers associated with them, and you're being handicapped by believing this is an exclusively or characteristically liberal thing.

Soul_
Mar 7, 2021

bird. posted:

have u thought about maybe reading books, op

This is 2021. Podcasts are books now.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Soul_ posted:

This is 2021. Podcasts are books now.

this is an insult to podcasts

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

if books are so good how come im not reading any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
in order to have leftist intellectuals there would need to be other leftists, and my political doctrine dictates that everyone else besides me is a lib, so it’s technically impossible