Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
didnt pudding just remove the memories of their kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Violen posted:

didnt pudding just remove the memories of their kiss
That's what I recalled too, everything else from the emergency cake baking to Sanji calling her third eye beautiful should still be there

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean more how Cool Sanji would have been more like:

“Hey, what’s good, Robin? Sorry, I got captured by this one lady and she says she’ll kill me unless you come. I mean, it’s pretty hilarious that she thinks that’ll go well for her, but whatever.” *takes out cigarette somehow, takes a long drag somehow* huh I’m gonna get punched to death since I can’t use armament haki. C’est la vie...”

Instead we got “Robin heeeeeelp, I screwed up, I’m gonna die unless you come cause I’m a weeeenieee oh no don’t punch me I can’t block it gently caress gently caress fuc-” cause Oda I guess just gets a kick out of dunking on him ig

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That sounds lame as poo poo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Last Celebration posted:

“Hey, what’s good, Robin? Sorry, I got captured by this one lady and she says she’ll kill me unless you come. I mean, it’s pretty hilarious that she thinks that’ll go well for her, but whatever.” *takes out cigarette somehow, takes a long drag somehow* huh I’m gonna get punched to death since I can’t use armament haki. C’est la vie...”

Instead we got “Robin heeeeeelp, I screwed up, I’m gonna die unless you come cause I’m a weeeenieee oh no don’t punch me I can’t block it gently caress gently caress fuc-” cause Oda I guess just gets a kick out of dunking on him ig

That sucks Sanji crying for help then slipping on ice immediately was perfect

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Remember when Sanji's entire flaw during the Whole Cake Island arc was how he refused to ask his friends for help and Luffy had to punch him and tell him "HEY DUMBASS WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU!" I wonder if maybe Oda is making some kind of point about how Sanji is doing that thing he wasn't doing before.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Sanji's cooking for the would be king.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Sanji not being afraid to call his friends for help is cooler than whatever the hell you wrote up there

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Im glad y'all dont write manga

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Yeah Sanji has been really good since Whole Cake as one of the only Straw Hats to have gotten character development since the timeskip.

I hope his indecision this chapter leads to him fighting Queen instead of Jack as implied but either way him taking down a dude with a bounty of over one billion is rad as hell.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eustace posted:

Im glad y'all dont write manga

I guess I am too, can’t believe I wrote that in retrospect, sorry y’all. I guess I’m the lameass

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RuBisCO posted:

Yeah Sanji has been really good since Whole Cake as one of the only Straw Hats to have gotten character development since the timeskip.

I hope his indecision this chapter leads to him fighting Queen instead of Jack as implied but either way him taking down a dude with a bounty of over one billion is rad as hell.

That character development came at the cost of nuking his character in the time skip. Everything about him was buried under a constant stream of Jerry Lewis style LADY.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

I guess I am too, can’t believe I wrote that in retrospect, sorry y’all. I guess I’m the lameass

I felt the same way at first to be honest, sometimes you just need someone to give you another perspective on things.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

That character development came at the cost of nuking his character in the time skip. Everything about him was buried under a constant stream of Jerry Lewis style LADY.
Something that struck me on a recent re-read is that Sanji did have one other pre-Whole Cake non-skeezy character moment after the time skip. (Just the one.)

Way back on Punk Hazard he was impressed by Kinemon's will, even though Kinemon was being a huge jerk. And after helping him, Sanji felt responsible for him. Sanji's spur of the moment decision to help Kinemon was actually the whole reason Kinemon made it out of Punk Hazard at all.

It's nice that that's finally being called back to, with Sanji going to rescue Kinemon once more.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shut the gently caress up about Sanji for God's sakd

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Never. :colbert:

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
the thread claims to hate sanji, and yet cant stop talking about the japanese pepe lepew. hmm curious

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When I search how many times each strawhat shows up in posts in this thread:

Luffy: 818
Zoro: 391 (+7 for Zorro)
Sanji: 269
Robin: 148
Usopp: 139
Nami: 138
Chopper: 125
Franky: 99 (+2 more for Frankie)
Brook: 95
Jinbei: 52

Sanji is 3. It's a law of the universe.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 7, 2021

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The other law is jinbei is boring as gently caress

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Ah yes, but how many Zolos?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't forget Brooke, Jinbe, Jimbei, Jimbe, and Jimbo.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

When I search how many times each strawhat shows up in posts in this thread:

Luffy: 818
Zoro: 391 (+7 for Zorro)
Sanji: 269
Robin: 148
Usopp: 139
Nami: 138
Chopper: 125
Franky: 99 (+2 more for Frankie)
Brook: 95
Jinbei: 52

nice

HerraS posted:

The other law is jinbei is boring as gently caress

Strawhat Ally Jimbei is kinda boring, however Helmsman Jimbei fulfills the niche I never knew I needed of “slightly oblivious dad”.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Strawhats are all good and I like them

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Strawhat Ally Jimbei is kinda boring, however Helmsman Jimbei fulfills the niche I never knew I needed of “slightly oblivious dad”.
I hope there’s enough time left for Jimbei to get a Robin-style “cool customer becomes a Strawhat doofus” character arc

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cat Machine posted:

I hope there’s enough time left for Jimbei to get a Robin-style “cool customer becomes a Strawhat doofus” character arc

Jimbei has already had plenty of moments of being both a cool character and a silly doofus.

I swear it's like people who hate on jimbei don't even read the chapters he appears in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008918 official chapters out

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Julias posted:

Jimbei has already had plenty of moments of being both a cool character and a silly doofus.

I swear it's like people who hate on jimbei don't even read the chapters he appears in.
I love him already!! I just think it would be funny to see him do more dorky poo poo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cat Machine posted:

I love him already!! I just think it would be funny to see him do more dorky poo poo

Sorry, I didn't mean you, I just generalizing the statement. My bad.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

https://twitter.com/BbamOfTheHiShin/status/1368402461396897792

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I want to see Sanji (try to) kick Yamato.

There, I said it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://sakugabooru.com/data/926e42619a3b4578f5e4a0ff18bb5861.mp4

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

this new animation director loving loves cubes.

Also Roger looking incredibly fly in his pink shirt. that is an outstanding outfit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also why did they name the latest episode after an event that literally only happens within the last few minutes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Larryb posted:

Also why did they name the latest episode after an event that literally only happens within the last few minutes

so people watch it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also Roger looking incredibly fly in his pink shirt. that is an outstanding outfit.

I wonder if it says BAD MAN on the back

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Larryb posted:

Have you watched anime before...?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Have you watched anime before...?

Good point, nevermind then.

The OP anime has improved a bit animation wise to be fair (and the voice acting and music has always been great for the most part), now if only they could get the pacing back up to pre Enies Lobby levels.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

At this point it's just a long running tradition for a bunch of anime to have lovely, spoilerific episode titles.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's been a weird trend in a lot of animation lately

The ground around them turns into flying cubes and then after the scene is done everything turns back into normal. I know the rule of cool applies and all but it looks really stupid to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cubes are awesome, I love cube

And while that scene is cool the clip of it crunchyroll uploaded reveals that Oden running is kinda obnoxious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZpCJhxv-w