Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Evil Badman posted:

Did you ask any of them?

its a 34 year tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justice has been served.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

its a 34 year tradition

I think it's OK if a thread didn't get stickied. It's not like it's the end of the world.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Encouraging people to watch current wwe is pretty cruel anyway

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I appreciate these topical forum name changes. Please keep them up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please open the following thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958587

I don't care if the OP closed it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Please open the following thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958587

I don't care if the OP closed it

No but you're welcomed to repost it yourself.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
RE: The AEW Thread Covid Derail.

The posts saying they were uncomfortable/non-uncomfortable going to shows were fine, what was bad was when the thread because about debating Dr. Fauci.

This is a wrestling subforum and if there is a thread about talking about Dr. Fauci (either defending him or taking shots at him I'm not going to pretend to have a read) is happening it should not be in in this forum and it is not the AEW thread and if you want to have a slapfight about him, or COVID policies, or anything actionable have it elsewhere.

Post about Wrestling/MMA and their related personalities and those people's foibles.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop bothering the admin

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bother the admin more

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Cavauro posted:

stop bothering the admin

NienNunb posted:

Bother the admin more

I will implement both of these suggestions.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

We still doing sub-name suggestions? How about "Beings Yeeting Other Beings"?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Copying BYOB's acronym would be very un-BYOB

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, it would go on my list of possible name changes, but only in the event of a forum-wide BYOB prank.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, it would go on my list of possible name changes, but only in the event of a forum-wide BYOB prank.

Please suggest this in the mod forum for this year's April Fool joke

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every sub is byob for a day would honestly be funny.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please remind us again what the protocol is for someone like 80s Hetfield, who is determined to be a pile of poo poo everywhere he goes.

How many strikes before he is out?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

karmic will do the proper thing, it's only been like 20 minutes

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I trust my friend yea ok

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I trust that there will be Another Win For The Good Guys

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Good Guys Have Won

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It appears I should not have gone to bed early last night (9:30).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

It appears I should not have gone to bed early last night (9:30).

He made that first post at 430 though

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

He made that first post at 430 though

That one was claimed by the lovely bad reddit SCJerk when I read it yesterday in the google doc. Like it named the place in what I was pretty sure was part of it's form. I didn't see the other one so I don't know why it ended up attributed where it did.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

That one was claimed by the lovely bad reddit SCJerk when I read it yesterday in the google doc. Like it named the place in what I was pretty sure was part of it's form. I didn't see the other one so I don't know why it ended up attributed where it did.

I don't even know what this means. I am moreso talking about 80's Hetfield who you gave a day's probe to with a "workshop your trolling and come back" when they already had ramping probes in the past for supporting TERFs and Qanon and complaining about SJWs. He suggested that Kenny was a gay pedophile which was just hosed up, and based on past history shouldn't have started with a 1 Day probe with a cute message

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I sometimes find cool and/or stupid and/or funny and/or weird stuff when watching old wrestling. Is there an appropriate place to post it? It's never enough to be worth making a new thread, unless other people would enjoy posting their own stuff in a general-retro-wrestling thread, so I'm hesitant to make a new thread. Even though they're primarily for current stuff, would the the appropriate fed threads and the indy thread by the best place to post stuff like this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a thread for cool old archival stuff would be nice, especially if it also covers stuff like obscure old indie matches

most of the more specific threads usually end up talking about current events

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

a thread for cool old archival stuff would be nice, especially if it also covers stuff like obscure old indie matches

most of the more specific threads usually end up talking about current events

I've been watching my way through old wrestling from like 1970 to the present so I'd dig the hell out of this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didnt rarity have a retro thread for a bit

e: right there lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not doing writeups this time :argh:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm not doing writeups this time :argh:

But you'd like a place to just kind of throw up reactions to old stuff you watch?

Because it sounds like a "old wrestling" thread has some various sources (J-Ro could put the NOAH streams up there, that wrestling Roku channel could get some play), if no one wants to particularly be the change they want to see in the world, I can put together an OP for a ghosts of wrestling's past (the cool and interesting bits) thread after Dynamite.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just post a topic. Hell, make two. One for off-topic wrestling anticdotes and one for general pre 90's wrestling. Worst that can happen is nobody uses them

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It came up in the thread, but this probation was not good.

If you want the discussion to stop, say so and if you're gonna throw out probes for carrying it on afterwards do it for people defending the rating as well as the people annoyed at it.

Please, I don't know how many times we need to go through the loop of "put more effort into your moderating" before it sticks but let's try again - not writing anything in the thread asking people to move on is bad, making the probation reason a one-worder is bad, only probating the people raising the complaint is bad if there are others keeping the conversation going when you want it stopped.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It was a joke 6er.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

It came up in the thread, but this probation was not good.

If you want the discussion to stop, say so and if you're gonna throw out probes for carrying it on afterwards do it for people defending the rating as well as the people annoyed at it.

Please, I don't know how many times we need to go through the loop of "put more effort into your moderating" before it sticks but let's try again - not writing anything in the thread asking people to move on is bad, making the probation reason a one-worder is bad, only probating the people raising the complaint is bad if there are others keeping the conversation going when you want it stopped.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

karmicknight posted:

It was a joke 6er.

Possibly not the greatest ever. ****3/4

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I, personally, Laughed Out Loud at the 6er and just for the record Karmic was kind enough to reach out and offer to cancel it if I was mad (i was not mad)